Start by marking “Dangerous Creatures (Dangerous Creatures, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Creatures (Dangerous Creatures, #1)

Dangerous Creatures (Dangerous Creatures #1)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  6,312 Ratings  ·  787 Reviews
A new series returns to the world of Beautiful Creatures. Some loves are cursed...others are dangerous.

Ridley Duchannes will be the first to tell you that she's a bad girl. She's Dark. She's a Siren. You can never trust her, or even yourself when she's around. Lucky for her, Wesley "Link" Lincoln can never seem to remember that; quarter Incubus or not, his heart is Mortal
Published May 20th 2014 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Creatures, please sign up.

Theodora Mina I think it is her way of ending the books in general. In the first series beautiful creatures she always ended each book with a cliffhanger so don't…moreI think it is her way of ending the books in general. In the first series beautiful creatures she always ended each book with a cliffhanger so don't expect anything less form this series.
It is her way to add spice and suspense to the novels in order for the readers to read the next.(less)
Renee Walters Dangerous Dream goes before Dangerous Creatures and it is an E-Novella. Dangerous Deception is after Dangerous Creatures. Dream Dark is an E- Novella…moreDangerous Dream goes before Dangerous Creatures and it is an E-Novella. Dangerous Deception is after Dangerous Creatures. Dream Dark is an E- Novella in between Beautiful Darkness and Beautiful Chaos.(less)
YA Novels of 2014
55th out of 1,519 books — 8,690 voters
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
95th out of 2,666 books — 15,909 voters

More lists with this book...

Anne
Dec 04, 2015 Anne rated it liked it
I WAS ONLINE WHEN KAMI GARCIA AND MARGARET STOHL announced this, so... I just want to share my reactions:

CASTER CHRONICLES SPIN-OFF SERIES?

ABOUT LINK AND RIDLEY?????

BUT I ALSO GET TO SEE ETHAN AND LENA AND LIV AND JOHN!!!!!!

SETTING: NEW YORK

...and of course, NEW HOT GUY!!!!

"MAY 20, 2014"

But anyway....

Khanh (the Grinch)
Jul 24, 2014 Khanh (the Grinch) rated it it was ok
Instead, she closed her eyes and started to cry, really cry.
She melted into Link’s arms, burying her face in his shoulder, pressing her runny nose into his spiky hair.
Dear Ridley,

What happened? Granted, it's been a few years since I've read Beautiful Creatures but...what happened to you? What happened to the siren full of spark and fire, reeking of sex, lollipop in her mouth, looking like she just walked out of a teenaged boy's wet dream? When did you become so...domesticated?

When did you be
Robb
Dec 14, 2013 Robb marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
First Beautiful Creatures and then Dangerous Creatures?
What's next? Safe Creatures? Ugly Creatures?
Valeria Andrea
Sep 11, 2013 Valeria Andrea marked it as to-read
Shelves: youngadult, english
Everything was going great when suddenly - New York?!

Fuck yeah.

Ridley & Link in New York, a siren & a incubus, what could possibly go wrong?
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Aug 21, 2014 Kelly (and the Book Boar) rated it did not like it
Shelves: arcs, read-in-2014
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Does this one have a fandom that’s going to go buckwild with responses on my review telling me what an idiot I am? If so, that’s cool – I just need to make sure I have some booze handy to add to the entertainment factor.

SOME SPOILAGE ENSUES

You might be asking yourself: “Self, why would a person who gave a 1 Star review to Beautiful Creatures even bother reading Dangerous Creatures?” Well, I’ll tell you why. It’s ‘cause I’m a giver. I r
Shahd
One might expect an excellent read of Dangerous Creatures as the book promises the company of our favourite Ridley and Link. And an entertaining Ridley and Link the book does present, but that would be it.
Our main characters and couple, Ridley and Link, were fun, interesting, complex, and offered a dynamic couple as well as they had clear individual voices. They both didn't disappoint with their intriguing-to-explore different personalities and hilarious vivid dialogue. Apart from some forced sc
Kathy
Dec 18, 2013 Kathy marked it as to-read
OMG! Another series!!! Yay!!! :D

Jon
Jul 12, 2014 Jon rated it liked it
YES, I need more Link and Ridley! I also love the cover :)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo kgbooks_zps50fc42eb.jpg

Dangerous Creatures is book one in the Dangerous Creatures series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. This series is a continuation of the Beautiful Creatures series but centers on Lena’s sister, Ridley Duchannes and Ethan’s best friend, Link Lincoln, the mortal/one quarter Incubus.

If you read the prequel, Dangerous Dream, which I did, you know that Link finally blurted out the words that he had been holding inside, “I Love You, Ridley!” And what did Ridley do, she ran. And of course got herself
Neil (or bleed)
No matter what she says, Lena was meant to be Light. I was meant to be Dark. Respect the teams, people.

I really, really love the Caster Chronicles series so when I found out that there is a spin-off, I can't contain my happiness [OMG! ASDFGHJKL! ] and when I knew that this is about Ridley and Link, my happiness has been doubled [OMG!! ASDFGHJKL!!x2]. Seriously, I did not see that coming.

Basically, Dangerous Creatures is about Ridley and Link and their journey to New York. If you've read Dange
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
Let's get something straight. I'm supposed to be the bad guy. I will always disappoint you. Your parents will hate me. You should not root for me. I am not your role model.
I don't know why everyone seems to forget that. I never do.

This is both an easy and hard book to review. Easy because, of course I loved being back into Ridley, Link, Ethan and Lena's world. Hard because, well, again I did not have time to fully immerse myself into the story. I would get a good bit to read, and I would totally
Steven
Wow, what an ending!

Thanks, Netgalley, for providing me with an early copy for review.

Where to begin? It's been a while since I lasted visited Gatlin, about a year, actually. And boy, I didn't realize how much I missed it!

This spinoff series follows the events of the Beautiful Creatures series, and instead of starring Lena and Ethan, it stars supporting characters Ridley and Link. As they travel to New York to start a new life after graduation, Ridley's hiding a few secrets... most importantly,
Liz
Summary

Ridley Duchannes knows she's a bad girl. A siren and a dark caster, but deep down has a heart of gold for her family and friends. However, when she gets losses a card game and cons Wesley "Link" Lincoln to be a new drummer for a Caster Band things really start to become tense. Especially, when the owner of the band and a club, Nox, has a few secrets of his own and it involves Ridley and Link as well.

My Thoughts

Oh Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl where did you go wrong?

Up until the last par
Aimee

Having read all the books in the authors' Caster Chronicles series, I knew that I needed to pick this up to get more from the world that I loved. That being said, it's been three years since I read those books, and I only remember the story in chunks and not as a whole. But even if I didn't remember the details, I did understand all the references in Dangerous Creatures. I recommend reading the Caster Chronicles series before starting this one.

"When it came right down to it, that was what Siren
 ■©atherine■
Nov 09, 2014 ■©atherine■ rated it it was ok
Shelves: crap
2 STARS

Rid and Link? The bad-ass couples! Yes Yes Yes! That was my thought before I read the book.

Was I wrong. The characters were so stupid and poorly built that I think I hurt my eyes rolling them too much. The plot was not that good either. I don't even remember how many times I cried out out of frustration.

To be honest, despite the three stars I gave to the prequel series, I don't think I actually liked it. But this one was even worse. The love-triangle was stupid. The Abraham thing was stup
Ciara
Jan 20, 2014 Ciara marked it as to-read
You had me at Ridley Duchannes, but then NEW YORK?!

Hell yeah!
Branwen Sedai *of the White Ajah*
Let's get something straight: I'm supposed to be the bad guy. I will always disappoint you. Your parents will hate me. You should not root for me. I am not your role model. I don't know why everyone seems to forget that. I never do...

Ridley Duchannes takes center stage in this first book in a new series as she and hybrid Incubus boyfriend Link take off to New York City. Once there they find themselves surrounded by new friends, new enemies, and a scary nemesis from the not so distant past.

I was
Misty
May 21, 2014 Misty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you were worried that Dangerous creatures wouldn't live up to the original Beautiful creatures series then fear not! Because it is just as good, I was hooked all the way through, and that ending, oh my god that ending!
I've always had a little bit of a nerd crush on Link so I was really excited to hear there would be a new series following him, its actually more about Ridley, who I did like also and I came to really like her in Dangerous creatures. She's so much different to Lena and Link is a
Shannelle
May 10, 2014 Shannelle rated it liked it
I really am just so confused over what I feel about Dangerous Creatures.

On the one hand, there’s the fact that Ridley is some badass sexy creature who understands that she can grab attention in every way, who also has to deal with conscience problems that she’s never had until she started dating Link.

And then there’s the fact that the story has me going like this:

I seriously had no idea what was going on, especially at the beginning. I just decided to read it on a total whim, and I have no idea
Taissa
May 03, 2015 Taissa rated it liked it
Shelves: skimmed-slighty
I didn't like this as much as I wanted to. The prologue and epilogue were the best part.... Everything in between was just eh.
Melanie
Sometimes I make stupid decisions and read crappy books even though I knew it was gonna be crappy before I picked it up. 1.5 stars.
Aoife
Oct 04, 2015 Aoife rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5

If anyone loved Ridley Duchannes in the Beautiful Creatures series, this book is for you. Dangerous Creatures brings the readers back to Ridley and Link, and their travels to New York after high school finishes up and Lena and Ethan go to college. Except Ridley might not be telling Link the whole truth about why she needed to go to New York, and how she came to know about Link's new band and the man controlling them.

This was a good, quick read and it comes with all the angst and love-hate rel
Michelle Arrow
"What's a Caster fairy-tale ending? I don't know, because Casters don't get to have fairy tales, especially not Dark Casters. Forget the sunset—the whole castle burns to the ground, taking Prince Charming down with it. Then the seven dwarves go all ninja and drop-kick your butt straight out of the kingdom."

:'( The reminiscences of Beautiful Creatures are coming back to me... And I'm frowning. Why am I frowning? Because Dangerous Creatures was a joke. It wasn't needed. It was a story that came
Ricky
What the Caster Chronicles was to Buffy, this was to Angel. It took its sweet time getting started (I have to ask, what was the point of doing the prologue from Ridley's first-person POV, only to switch to third-person for the rest of the book?) But when it got going, it really got going.

And that cliffhanger...hoo boy. Rick Riordan has been knocked down a few notches on the totem pole of Cliffhangery!

Where's book 2? I need it immediately!
Mallory O'Connor
Jan 31, 2014 Mallory O'Connor marked it as to-read
when I found out there would be another book in the Caster Chronicles I was stunned. and super incredibly excited! I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THIS. I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS ABOUT THE CASTER CHRONICLES I LOVED ALL THE BOOKS I AM A TRUE FAN AND I CANNOT WAIT FOR DANGEROUS CREATURES! I WANTED SO BADLY TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO LINK AND RIDLEY AFTER BEAUTIFUL REDEMPTION AND NOW I WILL FIND OUT! asdjkelsjej! AHDJOENEFJEJEJNCHE OH MY GOSH.
Judith
Mar 29, 2015 Judith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting and ensnaring this first book in Kami Garcia's and Margaret Stohl`s new series follows Ridley and Link into a dangerous world of magic, deception and dark power. I really enjoyed Beautiful Creatures but this moves at a faster pace and keeps you thrilled to the very last words. The sequel can't come quickly enough!! ...more
Heidi
May 19, 2014 Heidi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three and half stars: A fun spinoff with a killer cliffhanger.

High school graduation has come and gone. Ethan, Lena, John and Olivia are off to school, and Link and Ridley are headed to New York. Link has gone to great lengths to convince his mom he is attending a religious out of state college, but in reality he is headed to New York to chase his musical dreams. Little does he know that Ridley during the summer while they were apart, participated in a card game with deadly high stakes. Rid los
Danny
May 05, 2014 Danny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5
how can we not love Link!
This new spin off is darker, edgier and older - I love it!
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
rating: 4.5/5

review to come.
Frisk
I've always had such an interesting relationship with the Caster Chronicles. Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl had such complex, interesting mythology. They took something that we're familiar with (witches) and explained it in such a different way that I couldn't help but want to read it.
Even when I hated it.

Yeah. I hate the Caster Chronicles. At least I should say I hate the Caster Chronicle books. I have a special place in my heart for the movie and the actors I would have never guessed I would f
YA Buddy Readers'...: Dangerous Creatures By Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl - Restarting October 21st 2015 48 84 Oct 21, 2015 11:04PM
The Ending (SPOILER) 3 47 Apr 09, 2015 01:58AM
The Names Used in the Flashbacks 1 1 Apr 08, 2015 07:44PM
Ch. Before-9 Discussion 2 4 Mar 04, 2015 08:28AM
Dangerous Creatures March Read-Along 1 1 Mar 03, 2015 02:18PM
YA lovers <3: Dangerous Creatures 5 7 Jul 13, 2014 05:12AM
The Ending! 9 40 May 29, 2014 05:21PM
  • Idols (Icons, #2)
  • Let the Storm Break (Let the Sky Fall, #2)
  • The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)
  • Kalona's Fall (House of Night, #4)
  • Wings (Black City, #3)
  • Renegade (MILA 2.0, #2)
  • Darkest Fear (Birthright, #1)
  • In the Shadows
  • Rain (Paper Gods, #2)
  • The Darkest Angel (Lords of the Underworld #4.5)
  • The Dark World (Dark World, #1)
  • Prophecy of Oz (Prophecy of Oz, #1)
  • Between the Spark and the Burn (Between, #2)
  • The Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices, #3)
  • Reborn (Shadow Falls: After Dark, #1)
  • Vampires of Manhattan (The New Blue Bloods Coven, #1)
  • Push (The Game, #2)
  • Born of Deception (Born of Illusion, #2)
Kami Garcia is the #1 New York Times, bestselling co-author of the Beautiful Creatures Novels & the Dangerous Creatures Novels, and the author of the instant New York Times bestseller & Bram Stoker Award nominated novels UNBREAKABLE & UNMARKED in the Legion Series.

Kami grew up outside of Washington DC, wore lots of black, and spent hours writing poetry in spiral notebooks. As a girl wi
More about Kami Garcia...

Dangerous Creatures (2 books)
  • Dangerous Deception (Dangerous Creatures, #2)

“What can I say? Payback’s a bitch. But here’s the thing: So am I.” 18 likes
“Ridley Duchannes. Is there even one stupid tiny little part of you that loves one stupid tiny little part of me?” 11 likes