Start by marking “The Trigger (Agent Dallas Thriller, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Trigger (Agent Dallas Thriller, #1)

The Trigger (Agent Dallas Thriller #1)

Agent Jamie Dallas loves undercover assignments that get her out of the Phoenix Bureau. But when a woman and her baby disappear from an isolated community of preppers in Northern California, she knows the risk of infiltrating the armed group is dangerously high.

Once inside the compound, she discovers that the brothers who founded Destiny are scheming something far more dev
Published January 1st 2014 by Spellbinder Press (first published December 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Trigger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trigger

Misty Vauble
One of the things I love about owning a Kindle is discovering fantastic New writers. LJ Sellers is one of those discoveries for me. I absolutely adore her Detective Wade Jackson series. That said I was thrilled to get a chance to read an advance copy of The Trigger in exchange for an honest review and it did NOT disappoint. The Trigger is a fast paced thriller you won't want to put down. I read it in a matter of a few short hours. Its thought provoking and also leaves you feeling a little eerie ...more
David Hakamaki
Dec 26, 2015 David Hakamaki rated it liked it
The Trigger by L.J. Sellers is a crime thriller novel that follows FBI Special Agent Jamie Dallas, a desk jockey who wants more undercover work. She get it when s gets an assignment to infiltrate a "prepper" society and find the missing wife and child of one of the main "prepper" community leaders. She has to integrate into their community by posing as someone who is "concerned" about the path we are heading as a planet. Special Agent Dallas gets cozy with the brother of the missing woman's ...more
Julie
Mar 16, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it
The Trigger by L.J. Sellers is a 2014 Spellbinder publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Special agent Jamie Dallas is beyond ready for some field work. Finally she gets the call to infiltrate a group of environmental fanatics because one the leaders of the group, Randall Clayton, is a suspect in his wife, Emma's disappearance. Even more troubling is their young son is also missing and their car is found wrecked and abando
Michael Sherer
Dec 29, 2013 Michael Sherer rated it really liked it
Sellers Pulls “The Trigger” On New Series

One of the best things that can happen for mystery/thriller readers and fans in a new year is a new series, especially one by an established author. So, LJ Sellers’s choice of January 1 to launch her new Jamie Dallas series is propitious.

Dallas, who was introduced in Sellers’s Crimes of Memory, a recent entry in her Detective Jackson mystery series, is a kick-ass but complicated heroine, one of the new school of female FBI Special Agents who have cropped
Maureen Mullis
Jan 13, 2014 Maureen Mullis rated it really liked it
This is a terrific book, and Sellers' new character Jamie Dallas is compelling and interesting. I'm happy to see this is the first of a new series, because I would love to read more about Dallas and her undercover assignments. The book is a real page-turner and I am anxious for more!
John Kurtze
Jan 07, 2014 John Kurtze rated it it was amazing
L.J. SELLERS',THE TRIGGER,DELIVERS TWISTS AND TURNS IN THE WORLD OF UNDERCOVER FBI AGENT JAMIE DALLAS.

Since discovering Detective Jackson, in "Rules of Crime," I have read all eight of the series of Detective Wade Jackson adventures and all of her standalone thrillers. All of her books deliver a gripping story with a knack and style that always kept me wanting to turn the next page.

L.J. Sellers didn't disappointment me in her new book "The Trigger" featuring a dedicated FBI undercover agent. Sel
John Kurtze
Dec 06, 2013 John Kurtze rated it it was amazing
Since discovering Detective Jackson, in “Rules of Crime,” I have read all eight of the series of Detective Wade Jackson adventures and all of her standalone thrillers. All of her books deliver a gripping story with a knack and style that always kept me wanting to turn the next page.

L.J. Sellers didn’t disappointment me in her new book “The Trigger” featuring a dedicated FBI undercover agent. Sellers introduced the character of Agent Dallas in the “Crimes of Memory” where, as an FBI undercover ag
MARIE MURPHY
Sep 15, 2016 MARIE MURPHY rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast and furious

What a thrill ride from beginning to end. A couple of questions where left without answers. I would have really liked to know the outcome
Cathy Ryan
Aug 12, 2016 Cathy Ryan rated it really liked it
FBI Agent Jamie Dallas was first introduced in LJ Sellers’ Detective Jackson series and she’s proved to be an interesting and likeable, if complex, character. She’s smart, good at her job and likes living dangerously. Young and unattached, yet Dallas has issues stemming from her childhood which limit her ability and her wish to sustain relationships. She likes to move on when things start getting anything like serious. On the other hand those same issues mean she’s very good at playing a part, ...more
Cheryl M-M
Jan 09, 2014 Cheryl M-M rated it liked it
For a Sellers it is a little on the weak side. I really enjoyed her The Gauntlet Assassin, which is complex and invigorating, so I know that she is capable of more as a writer.
It wasn't the story per se, that is very in tune with society and the criminal threats of our era. It features fanatical survivalists and their plan to end the world sooner because according to them it is gonna happen anyway so why not make it happen quicker. Yeh, totally makes sense to a nutcase.
What didn't gel well was a
Kathryn Svendsen
Jan 02, 2014 Kathryn Svendsen rated it really liked it
This is the first book in what will be the Jamie Dallas series. Jamie is an FBI investigator sent undercover to locate the whereabouts of a missing woman and child from a small commune of “preppers” – people who are preparing for the end of the world. A simple assignment leads to something much bigger.

Agent McCullen, her team contact gets pulled from the team to investigate a murder. He’s not happy about it because he’s become interested in Jamie and the missing woman is an old flame.

The more Ja
Stephen
Jan 19, 2014 Stephen rated it really liked it
This the first L.J.Sellers book that I read that was not part of the Detective Jackson series. At first I wasn't sure I would like it. I hate these 'end-of-world' cults. But this one turned out to be a little different. The overall aim of the Clayton brothers was to stop the world and start all over.
Their colony Destiny in Northern California was actually a warm and loving community of same-minded people who just wanted to stop the world from destroying itself. However , the methods they were
Suzanne Kloppers
Jan 26, 2016 Suzanne Kloppers rated it did not like it
My goodness. How on earth do books receive the reviews they do, on GoodReads? What an appalling piece of writing. And this is supposed to be among the front runners? Five star reviews all over the place? I don't even want to deign to spend time on this. Let me just quote examples of the writing talent from the book itself:

"Agent Jamie Dallas charged across the opening and dove behind a barricade."

"Dallas pulled in a deep breath and tried to remain calm, but adrenaline made her heart ring in her
Nicole
Dec 19, 2013 Nicole rated it it was amazing
I won this book in a giveaway and I immensely enjoyed it.

I will admit the girl on the cover creeps me out a bit but I think that is the point. Even though I have not read any of the other Agent Dallas thrillers I had no problems understanding what was going on with the character. If any information was needed on Agent Dallas it was provided in a quick but efficient few sentence explanation.

With most mysteries I can usually figure out almost everything that is going on but this book had a few su
Yuki
Sep 10, 2013 Yuki rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller, read-2013, arc
My copy was an ARC I received from the publisher for an honest review.

It was my first book written by L.J.Sellers, so I can't quite compare it with her other works.

The Trigger is a fast paced, good written thriller with the female protagonist. The main character, Dallas, is an FBI agent sent to an undercover mission to rural town in California. She suffers from childhood trauma and she is with permanent contact with her shrink due to the abadonment issues. She lies, cheats, acts, flirting is in
Jill Burkinshaw
Mar 15, 2015 Jill Burkinshaw rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Agent Dallas was introduced in the Detective Jackson series. I love the Detective Jackson series so I read this one. I didn't enjoy it as much as the Detective Jackson books but I think that is more that I prefer the police procedural books to undercover books. Jamie Dallas is a likeable character with issues that give greater depth and dimension to her character. It certainly has the suspense I love and is well written, as are all LJ Sellers books. It is definitely worth reading for Thriller ...more
Joe Shea
Terrific!

Anyone who digs thrillers about a hacker who nearly starts a war between Israel, Syria and Iran, doomsday preppers poised to take down the worldwide Internet and crazies in position to take down the world's financial system - with a horny and beautiful FBI thrown in for good measure - is going to love this well-crafted, compelling story. I couldn't put it down and finished it in one long day of reading that nonetheless went by in a flash. This book is the reason I read thri!lers! Joe Sh
John Johnstone
Oct 24, 2013 John Johnstone rated it really liked it
A high rating at 4 stars but worth it. A slick fast paced thriller that keeps you entertained the whole way through. The fact this is short book confirms the fact that author has written story without all the padding you have to endure in some other novels. Jamie Dallas is an undercover FBI agent sent to try and discover the whereabouts of a women abducted from a "Prepper" community, and discovers a lot more than she was expecting. The Clayton brothers are preparing for civilisation's collapse ...more
Andrew
Apr 02, 2016 Andrew rated it really liked it
This is a book that grew on me the more I read it. It is written by L J Sellers, who wrote the Detective Wade Jackson Series - which I have enjoyed a lot. The book is short on description and in-depth characterisation, but does have plenty of action and builds up good pace the further you get into the book. It does build to a good crescendo at the end of the book. I look forward to continuing with this series to see if it continues to grow on me. 3.5 Stars.
Arthur
Jan 30, 2015 Arthur rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Trigger (an Agent Dallas Thriller)

Do you like living on the edge? If so, Agent Dallas is right up your alley! We've all heard of "Doomsayers" and the lengths they go to to survive. Here is the story of one such community. Agent Dallas' s assignment infiltrate and find a missing woman and her child while maintaining her cover and staying alive. Hang on for a wild ride. Thanks for another great read.
Peter Cotter
Feb 25, 2016 Peter Cotter rated it really liked it
Great book....really enjoyed.

The characters were totally believable, and the scenario although scary was believable as well.

Throw in the couple of cliff hangers / twists and turns at the end and you have a nice balanced crime thriller on your hands.

You want an easy to read, uncomplicated strightforward thriller, then this is a good book to read.

Jan
Mar 31, 2014 Jan rated it really liked it
"Trigger", by L. J. Sellers, was a giveaway by Goodreads. Mr. Sellers is a more experienced writer than other authors I have rad from Goodreads giveaway

This is my firs book by her and I enjoyed it very much. The characters were well developed and interesting. The plot flowed smoothly and some parts could truly happen in real life: which is scary.
Ginger Weirich
Feb 08, 2016 Ginger Weirich rated it really liked it
Preppers in Redding, California decide it’s time to bring on the “New World Order” on their own to save the planet and humankind. But Agent Dallas doesn’t know that when she goes in undercover to find a kidnaped woman and her baby. Very well written with plenty of intrigue and a touch of “sociopath” thrown in. I may look at others in this series. 4.5 stars.
Lisa Otoupal-Robel
I like this book but ... how did this girl get to be a crack undercover agent? Seriously, how did she pass the psychological tests? No one is perfect, we are all flawed etc but the main character has some issues.

I am waiting for her to go rogue ... that would be a good fit for her personality in my opinion!
Karen Albright
Jun 19, 2015 Karen Albright rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great author

I read the Jackson series first, but I wanted to read more by this author. I wasn't let down an amazing book, I admit it dragged for me in two places but I made it through them and was very happy with the thrill of the book. Can't wait to start the next one.
Allana Kellett
Jan 07, 2014 Allana Kellett rated it really liked it
I really liked this book and really felt like the whole "collapse" was possible. I think the author has a good feel for the "preppers" out there and there fear of what is to come and how far they go to be prepared.

I won this book on a Goodreads giveaway.
Rebecca Hollingsworth
Loved this

I absolutely loved the undercover work of agent Dallas and recommend this to anyone who likes fast paced, mysteries that totally suck you in and keep you reading to the last page!
Jerry Walch
Feb 08, 2016 Jerry Walch rated it really liked it
Realistic plot, life-like characters and snappy dialogue. Started off with a bang and maintained that pace throughout the book. An excellent first book. Looking forward to reading more books in this series.
Mr R.F.C. Davis
Nice e new character

Plausible scenario, in line with doomsday groups, thought the author might have got fed up with either the story or the characters and decided to end it quickly

THE TRIGGER BOOK DISCUSSION 4 5 May 08, 2014 09:08PM
  • Blind Evil
  • Next Move, You're Dead (Next Move, You're Dead, #1)
  • The Last Clinic (Darla Cavannah Mysteries, #1)
  • Chicken Soup & Homicide (Culinary Competition, #2)
  • Wages of Sin (Protective Detective, #1)
  • Murder on Moloka'i (Surfing Detective Mystery #1)
  • The Unforgivable Fix (Mort Grant #3)
  • Liam's Promise (The Doomsday Kids #1)
  • Zero Separation (Donovan Nash #3)
  • The Reckless Engineer
  • Night Blind (Blake Sanders, #1)
  • Dead Man's Hand
  • Stone Cold (Alex Stone Mystery #1)
  • The Starlight Club
  • The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite #4)
  • The Devil's Necktie (Jack Bertolino #1)
  • Vengeance is Mine (Benjamin Tucker, #1)
  • Lowcountry Punch
I write the bestselling Detective Jackson mystery/thriller series—a Readers Favorite award winner—as well as the Agent Dallas series and provocative standalone thrillers. My 19 novels have been highly praised, and I'm one of the highest ranked crime fiction authors on Amazon.

I reside in Eugene, Oregon where my many of my novels are set, and I'm also an award-winning journalist who earned the Grand
More about L.J. Sellers...

Agent Dallas Thriller (3 books)
  • The Target (Agent Dallas Thriller #2)
  • The Trap (Agent Dallas Thriller, #3)