Start by marking “Only Everything (True Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Only Everything (True Love, #1)

Only Everything (True Love #1)

Sometimes the gods can be so unreasonable.

Like Zeus, the king, who thinks the proper reaction to finding me kissing a mortal is to threaten my boyfriend Orion's life, banish me to Earth, and force me to inspire true love between three couples without my powers. I know! Elders! I'm Eros, a.k.a. Cupid. The Goddess of Love. Until this morning, anyway.

Now I'm stuck on Earth wi
Published May 6th 2014 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Only Everything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Only Everything

Khanh (the meanie)
“Daddy, no!” I shouted.
“They’re going to kill him!” I wailed, desperate.
“Nooooo!” I wailed.
Meet Eros, the Greek Goddess of Love. She never stops fucking wailing. This is one of the worst books based on Greek mythology that I've ever read. To make matters worse, it's told from THREE POVs.

People usually get wiser with age, for example, I used to be afraid that monsters would munch on my toes while I slept. That ended when I was 20, so clearly, I gained some wisdom over 10 years. One would think
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
Feb 27, 2014 Tiff at Mostly YA Lit rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, ya
Review originally posted at: http://mostlyyalit.blogspot.ca/2014/0...

Kieran Scott is one of my Jedi Masters of YA - she's been writing YA since before we really called it that (and since *I* was a YA...yikes, I'm old), she edited Sweet Valley books, and no one does YA contemporary romance quite like her (Some of you may know her as Kate Brian - this woman is a writing machine!). So it's no surprise that when I saw she had this new YA contemp coming out, I jumped at the chance to review it.

Ok, tr
Eileen
Mar 06, 2014 Eileen rated it it was ok
Check out more of my reviews at Singing and Reading in the Rain!

To be fair, I read up until 50% of this book, skimmed for a while, and then skipped ahead to the 95% mark where I finished the book. So I wasn’t entirely sure whether to classify this book as a “DNF” read or as a full-fledged read. But in the end, because I knew what happened at the very end in terms of the resolution, I was overly indulgent and told myself I had completed this novel. The reason I was so hesitant to endure
Kaitlyn Abshire
Feb 23, 2015 Kaitlyn Abshire rated it liked it
Eros is sent to Earth after her father, Ares, discovers that she is in love with a mortal, Orion. Apparently only the upper gods/goddesses can have relations with mortals and whoever they like while lower gods and goddesses are just out of luck. Anyways…Zeus sends Eros to Earth without her bow and arrows or her powers and she must make three couples fall in love. Otherwise, Zeus and/or Ares will kill Orion.

This story is told from three point of views. True (Eros), Charlie, and Katrina. I found t
Hannah (The Irish Banana Review)
When I was approached about reviewing this series since Valentine’s Day was around the corner (and the series is about Eros, Goddess of Love AKA Cupid), I figured why not? It sounded kinda fun and I like Greek Mythology. I never expected it to kickstart an obsession with all things Kieran Scott and one of the funnest, most original characters I’ve read in a long time.

ONLY EVERTHING is unique in the way it’s told. It has 3 points of view—the first is True (Eros) who has been banished to the Earth
Karmen (readingoncloud9)
Sep 20, 2015 Karmen (readingoncloud9) rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
*3.5 stars*
Michelle Arrow
"You will then prove your worth to me by forming true love between three couples with no godly tricks up your sleeve," Zeus continued. "Only then will you be allowed to return to Mount Olympus."

This is the best mythology book I've ever read. And I'm very surprised, because I usually hate mythology. Anything to do with gods and goddesses usually bores the heck out of me, and I usually hate all of the history and actual myths and everything. I picked up this novel thinking that it's a usual
Louise9
Mar 06, 2015 Louise9 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Sooooo good! So funny, so fast-paced! Everything that I wanted it to be!
Moriah
Dec 25, 2015 Moriah rated it it was amazing
*This review will also appear on A Leisure Moment*

“If there’s one constant in love, it’s the keeping of little white secrets. And I should know. It’s kind of my job.”

Emma
Feb 04, 2014 Emma rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-wishlist-ya
This is another book I read absolutely ages ago and then promptly forgot to write the review SORRY.

I absolutely loved the concept behind this story; we all know Eros (aka Cupid) daughter of Aphrodite is a Goddess of Love. BUT how can Eros truly be an advocate of love when she knows nothing about it personally having relied on her abilities with a bow to match people rather than looking for the true connection between individuals. let me tell you there have been some very awkward situations cause
Celeste_pewter
Jan 02, 2014 Celeste_pewter rated it really liked it
I've been looking for other interesting takes on Greek mythology since (re)reading the Percy Jackson series for the hundredth time, so I decided to check out Only Everything. I've heard nothing but good things about the series, so figured it was worth a shot.

Kieran introduces us to Eros a.k.a. Cupid a.k.a. True (her Earth name) who is stuck on earth after a love affair with a mortal. Her punishment is to inspire true love between three mortal couples without her powers, before she can be allowe
Fani
Jun 08, 2014 Fani rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, mythology

In the beginning i was struggling to read this book, i didn't like Eros as a character only because her personality was that of an immature teenager rather than a thousand year old goddess who has spent her entire life reading people's minds and finding them true love. I also felt that the personalities of some goddesses didn't suit them.

What saved this book in my opinion was Charlie and Katrina, i really liked those characters and i was eager to learn more about them. Even Eros's character impr
★MC's Corner★
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
This is so cool!!!

*MC’s Corner*

• I think my only problem here is there’ s SOOOOO many characters!!! **dizzy**

• So now I know Eros is Cupid… I didn’t know that!!! THANK YOU!
I thought Cupid is an angel and Eros is a guy…. LOL **silly me**

• I really love the idea of this series. It’s so cute! Katrina and Charlie are just… **sigh** I love the last part of their story. I’m so jealous.

• The cliffhanger is crazy. I don’t know what to say/think. GIMME THE NEXT ONE! . I am so excited!

PS
Mitchii
Ok, so I originally wanted the fun and hilarious antics like the author’s first book series. I really loved She’s So/He’s So series despite my fluctuating mood while reading it and my ever conflicting feelings towards Jake. This one has those elements too but not really as interesting and as captivating as her former series. The only edge of this one is that it wasn’t a complete contemporary book. It injected mythology to it. Our heroine here is True; which is in fact one of the gods who got her ...more
Brinkley
Feb 16, 2015 Brinkley rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ANYONE!!!
First things first, whoever thinks this is a "fluffy, cute, romance novel" couldn't be more wrong. It is a romance novel, but no way is it fluffy. It deals with REAL ISSUES. I love it when books do that!
Second things second, I had a traumatic experience with this book. My mother asked me to leave it in Virginia (whole states away), and I nearly cried because I couldn't bear to part with this book. I LOVED IT!!!!!
Now I will review it.

Writing: Normally high schools in books scare me a little becau
Alexa
May 07, 2014 Alexa rated it really liked it
Recommended to Alexa by: Estelle
Shelves: read-in-2014
FIRST THOUGHTS:

Holy moly, this book was SO MUCH FUN. I love how Scott put a spin on all the Greek mythological figures I'm familiar with to bring them into the contemporary world! And the story is entertaining, shenanigans and all.

REVIEW:

I read for many reasons, but chief among them is to be entertained. And holy moly, but Only Everything was the first book I'd read in a while that was really good and really fun too! It was a seriously enjoyable reading experience, and just thinking about True,
Katy
Apr 14, 2014 Katy marked it as probably-not-finishing
I've always like Kieran Scott, but I've tried and tried and tried for the past month, and I just could not finish this one... I went switching back and forth from being extremely bored with the messed-up mythology to extremely irritated with the characters. After trying to pick it up at least 20 times, I've given up about halfway through.

First of all, I could not stand True. It's not that she was a total walking disaster, who believed she knew it all but was too blind to see what was right in fr
Kristina
May 09, 2014 Kristina rated it did not like it
Did not finish.

I received this galley in exchange for an honest review.

I ended up not finishing this one. I usually love books that are set in our time period with the Greek gods and goddesses as the main characters, but I just couldn’t get into this one. I liked the characters enough, but the story just bored me. The first chapter left me completely confused. We have Eros (aka Cupid) and the love her life, Orion in the heavens just hanging out. They love each other, which pisses Zeus off becau
Stargirl
Aug 17, 2015 Stargirl rated it it was ok
Shelves: anglais, series, 1-ya, 1st-book
I don't know if I really enjoyed the book so I'll settle for 2.5 stars.

It was a quick and somewhat entertaining read but also full of mean girls/jocks clichés that pictures very cartonish characters.

The two MCs are supposed to stand out because of it, and in contrast to such poor side characters, it's not hard but I can't say I felt anything much about the couple. Just a pair of nice kids.

If we take the third MC, former match-maker goddess Eros exiled on Earth, she definitely brings a little so
A Leisure Moment
description

Greek mythology and forbidden romance? Sign me up! I got this series for my birthday (great choice, Mom *wink, wink*) and started it immediately. I’ve read many other books based off the Greek myths and can’t resist when another lands in my hands. It amazes me how different each book is, and Only Everything was nothing like anything I’ve read before.

Why have I never heard of this series? To read the rest of the review of a series that's arrow struck my heart, simply follow the link: http://www.a
Lauren R.
This was really cute! It took me a while to get through for some reason, but I definitely enjoyed it. The concept was really fun and I can't wait to see what happens in the rest of the trilogy. I like that the books are set up so that True has to get three couples together: one per book. Charlie and Katrina, in this book, were so cute but I wish there was more time with them - more interactions and more swoons and more chemistry. The three different POVs didn't throw me off as I got reading, but ...more
Nancy Brady
Oct 11, 2014 Nancy Brady rated it liked it
Shelves: library-book
A YA novel that features Eros, a lesser goddess, being sent to earth as a mortal to create a love match...actually three of them. Otherwise, her love will be tortured and killed by Zeus.

Making her way in high school is a learning,curve all its own as she attempts to match up Charlie with various girls. Told through the perspective of three characters, this story isn't as simple as it appears, but only because a reader pays attention. Getting the two people together takes more help from other go
Soumya
Feb 24, 2015 Soumya rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this book more. I did. But it was just so obvious. I kept turning the page, going, "FIGURE IT OUT ALREADY!!!!" But no, all the characters just had to be clueless until that one random moment when it all clicks. I'm going to read the second one anyways, so I'm hoping it's better.
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
I wasn't sure what to expect with this one but I will tell you one thing I didn't see coming was so many laugh out loud moments. Loved it! Full review to follow on my blog - A Life Bound By Books soon.
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
I had a hard time with this one and only liked two of the three main characters. Really the main voice bugged me. I did enjoy the unexpected ending but not sure if it was enough to read the next book.
Lisa
May 27, 2016 Lisa rated it really liked it
So much fun!! I thought the whole concept of this book was smartly done. I always wish for more time that the main characters can finally be together but alas... Definitely a fun romance for Greek mythology fans!
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
Actual rating: 4-4.5
FREAKING AWESOME. LAUGHED AND FLAILED AND OVERALL ENJOYED. NEED NEXT BOOK!!!!!
Holly
Jan 28, 2015 Holly rated it did not like it
Shelves: won-in-giveaways
Full review is posted on my blog: http://nutfreenerd.com/2015/02/26/boo...
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
I want to thank Simon and Schuster for providing me with an early copy of this book (through both Edelweiss and physical copy) to read and review. I love Kieran's writing and have enjoyed her other books so I was anxious to get to this one. Receiving this book for free has in no way altered my opinion or review.

Blurb from Goodreads:
High school romance is tough—even for a bona fide love goddess. Can Cupid succeed as a mortal matchmaker?
When Eros (aka Cupid) is expelled from Olympus for defying Ze
☘Tara Sheehan☘
Feb 23, 2017 ☘Tara Sheehan☘ rated it really liked it
The author did a good job of accurately describing teen behavior and making the characters believable. I like that it's told from multiple points of view so you get an interesting story but I was glad I had bought the other 2 so I could keep the story going.
  • Summer of Yesterday
  • Hung Up
  • Life by Committee
  • The Secrets of Lily Graves
  • How to Win at High School
  • Nantucket Red (Nantucket, #2)
  • Five Ways a Boy Can Break Your Heart
  • The Lonesome Young
  • Servants of the Storm
  • Never Too Late
  • Promise of Shadows
  • Random
  • The Shadow Prince (Into the Dark, #1)
  • Year of Mistaken Discoveries
  • Bright Before Sunrise
  • Wish You Were Italian (If Only . . ., #2)
  • Vivian Divine Is Dead
  • The Edge of Falling
Kieran Scott is an author of young adult fiction including the upcoming TRUE LOVE TRILOGY (May 2014) and the HE'S SO/SHE'S SO TRILOGY, which includes SHE'S SO DEAD TO US, HE'S SO NOT WORTH IT and THIS IS SO NOT HAPPENING. Her other books include the Non-Blonde Cheelerader trilogy, Geek Magnet and Jingle Boy. She also writes Alloy Entertainment books under the pseudonym Kate Brian, including the SH ...more
More about Kieran Scott...

True Love (3 books)
  • Complete Nothing (True Love, #2)
  • Something True (True Love, #3)