Start by marking “The New Manager's Handbook: 24 Lessons for Mastering Your New Role” as Want to Read:
The New Manager's Handbook: 24 Lessons for Mastering Your New Role

The New Manager's Handbook: 24 Lessons for Mastering Your New Role

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Explains the rules of being a new manager and gives tips and pointers for teaming with employees while inspiring them to breakthrough performance and results. This book shows the ways to: delegate review performance; think strategically; lead meetings; give and get results-oriented feedback; provide direction; and speak with power.
Published December 26th 2002 by McGraw-Hill (first published December 5th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The New Manager's Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Manager's Handbook

Bob Selden
I liked this book. It’s succinct, to the point and can be read in just a couple of hours (max). What’s more, the messages are spot on!

Each chapter has only three pages (that’s unique) and concludes with three tips for implementing the idea or topic. It’s well written and covers the majority of things a new manager should consider.

I very much like the starting point of the book “Give Feedback”. And Stettner is talking about giving praise, not criticism (giving criticism only comes toward the end
Lendl Meyer
Easy read covering a broad swath of management principles and providing helpful high-level tips
Lisa
This book was a quick read and had lots of easy-to-remember tips for managing people. I had borrowed the book from the CMEL library when I was down in Palm Coast and was pleasantly surprised with the insights and reminders that complemented my training.
Bryan
I NOW WORK WITH HUNGRY VEGAN LESBIANS AND THEY NEED SERIOUS DIRECTION
3 OF THEM TAKE MEDS SUCH AS TRAPIZONE? ANTI ANXIETY PILLS AND SOMETHING FOR ENDODOCTRINITIS - THIS BOOK HELPS A LOT !!
AND VEGAN GALS JUST EAT SOME FOD HONEY YOULL FEEL BETTER
Ebtihal Abuali
Very Useful. I've applied some techniques from this book and it worked very well!
Ahmad Nazeri
A great, quick read. Lots of great wisdom for managers and supervisors.
Mark Haines
Mark Haines marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Chip Cocks
Chip Cocks marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
No More
No More marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Peter Dixon
Peter Dixon marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Ma.adora Marucut
Ma.adora Marucut marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Tomas
Tomas added it
Sep 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Skills for New Managers The Art of Winning Conversation Habilidades para nuevos directivos O Manual do Novo Gerente The Manager's Survival Guide