Start by marking “Turkey Surprise” as Want to Read:
Turkey Surprise

Turkey Surprise

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  10 reviews

It's thanksgiving and two pilgrim brothers are hunting for a turkey to cook and gobble up for dinner. After all, the thanksgiving meal always means turkey. Doesn't it? No matter what Father and brother say, the little pilgrim is not so sure. Can he convince his older brother that a stuffed turkey doesn't have to be the centerpiece of their dinner? Meanwhile, the turkey is

Published August 18th 2005 by Dial

To ask other readers questions about Turkey Surprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turkey Surprise

Rebecca
Why not try something different for Thanksgiving dinner? These pilgrims do just that when the turkey keeps averting their catch.
Liz
Sep 06, 2007 Liz rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Ages 3 and up
Shelves: picturebooks
A perfect Thanksgiving book with a fun rhyming refrain and an unexpected twist.
Library
My kind of pilgrims! At the end, they eat pumpkin pie instead of turkey. The story focuses on two brothers as they search for a turkey for dinner. Young readers will enjoy the silly chase but the story was a little bit to wordy.
a longer worded book. cute. would be good as a read-aloud unless you're afraid of singing. ;)
Heather
This short story I thought was good book but I believe its more of a book to read at home. This a book to read around the holidays to children. Teachers could read this book in the classroom around Thanksgiving and have a fun activity to go with reading the book, like have a crafting table for children to make their own turkey and decorate how ever they like.
Sharon
I love the illustrations in this book for preschoolers. The turkey is hilarious as he looks for ways to hide from the pilgrim brothers. Does a Thanksgiving meal always mean turkey? The littlest pilgrim brother isn't so sure. A fun read for "turkey" lovers and vegetarians alike!
Jodie
Though not intended to be a vegetarian book, this one could work as a vegetarian Thanksgiving tale. One of the characters doesn't really want turkey for thanksgiving, he would rather have pumpkin pie! The story had a nice repetative rhyme to it.
Savannah
Like how they saved the turkey and had pumpkin pie instead!
Dana Johnson
Perfect book for thanksgiving time. Cute story.
Crazy Uncle Ryan
This was a pretty cute little book.
Lejla Zdero
Lejla Zdero marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Kerry
Kerry added it
Nov 27, 2014
Eeathen
Eeathen marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Dimpal
Dimpal marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Saminalubna
Saminalubna marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Brenda G.
Brenda G. marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Maldalenny
Maldalenny marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I grew up in Gary, Indiana with one sister and two brothers. I liked to ride my bike, and play games with my older brother and the other kids who lived on our street. I also liked going to the beach on Lake Michigan in the summer, and ice skating in the winter. I liked reading all year long.

After high school, I went to nursing school and became a registered nurse. My first nursing job was as a Pe
More about Peggy Archer...
Name That Dog From Dawn to Dreams: Poems for Busy Babies One Of The Family (Little Golden Book)