Start by marking “Turkey Surprise” as Want to Read:
Turkey Surprise

Turkey Surprise

3.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  70 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews

It's thanksgiving and two pilgrim brothers are hunting for a turkey to cook and gobble up for dinner. After all, the thanksgiving meal always means turkey. Doesn't it? No matter what Father and brother say, the little pilgrim is not so sure. Can he convince his older brother that a stuffed turkey doesn't have to be the centerpiece of their dinner? Meanwhile, the turkey is

Published August 18th 2005 by Dial

To ask other readers questions about Turkey Surprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turkey Surprise

Rebecca
Jun 01, 2008 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Why not try something different for Thanksgiving dinner? These pilgrims do just that when the turkey keeps averting their catch.
Liz
Sep 06, 2007 Liz rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Ages 3 and up
Shelves: picturebooks
A perfect Thanksgiving book with a fun rhyming refrain and an unexpected twist.
Library
Nov 23, 2014 Library rated it it was ok
My kind of pilgrims! At the end, they eat pumpkin pie instead of turkey. The story focuses on two brothers as they search for a turkey for dinner. Young readers will enjoy the silly chase but the story was a little bit to wordy.
Nov 05, 2014 Laura rated it liked it
a longer worded book. cute. would be good as a read-aloud unless you're afraid of singing. ;)
Jessica Baumgartner
Nov 24, 2015 Jessica Baumgartner rated it it was amazing
this book is so much fun. My daughters love it and I love reading it to them.
Rachel
Nov 18, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it
I really liked it. ...more
Heather
Sep 11, 2013 Heather rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This short story I thought was good book but I believe its more of a book to read at home. This a book to read around the holidays to children. Teachers could read this book in the classroom around Thanksgiving and have a fun activity to go with reading the book, like have a crafting table for children to make their own turkey and decorate how ever they like.
Sharon
Nov 12, 2013 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
I love the illustrations in this book for preschoolers. The turkey is hilarious as he looks for ways to hide from the pilgrim brothers. Does a Thanksgiving meal always mean turkey? The littlest pilgrim brother isn't so sure. A fun read for "turkey" lovers and vegetarians alike!
Jodie
Nov 10, 2012 Jodie rated it liked it
Though not intended to be a vegetarian book, this one could work as a vegetarian Thanksgiving tale. One of the characters doesn't really want turkey for thanksgiving, he would rather have pumpkin pie! The story had a nice repetative rhyme to it.
Savannah
Nov 06, 2012 Savannah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Like how they saved the turkey and had pumpkin pie instead!
Dana Johnson
Dec 17, 2012 Dana Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ed-310-1
Perfect book for thanksgiving time. Cute story.
Crazy Uncle Ryan
This was a pretty cute little book.
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Bri O'Connor
Bri O'Connor rated it it was ok
Nov 30, 2015
Amanda Eisele
Amanda Eisele rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2015
Sarah Valter
Sarah Valter rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2015
Johanna
Johanna marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Taylor Baker-Gower
Taylor Baker-Gower marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Wendy
Wendy added it
Nov 18, 2015
Marylou DelaGarza
Marylou DelaGarza marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Lucia Sosa
Lucia Sosa marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Brandy Glover
Brandy Glover marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Ntehrani
Ntehrani marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I grew up in Gary, Indiana with one sister and two brothers. I liked to ride my bike, and play games with my older brother and the other kids who lived on our street. I also liked going to the beach on Lake Michigan in the summer, and ice skating in the winter. I liked reading all year long.

After high school, I went to nursing school and became a registered nurse. My first nursing job was as a Pe
More about Peggy Archer...