Start by marking “A Prize Beyond Jewels (The Devilish D'Angelos #2)” as Want to Read:
A Prize Beyond Jewels (The Devilish D'Angelos #2)

A Prize Beyond Jewels (The Devilish D'Angelos #2)

Risking it all?

World-renowned gallery owner Rafe D'Angelo has firm boundaries for his romantic conquests and is notorious for leaving ladies wanting more. Which is why it's such a shock to wake and find - for the first time ever - the sheets beside him cold....

Nina Palitov's only act of defiance against a life lived under her father's oppressive control was to spend an exq

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents #3217, 192 pages
Published March 2014 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about A Prize Beyond Jewels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Prize Beyond Jewels

Alex is The Romance Fox
This was such a boring story....and certainly not one of my favourites written by this author.

I am not crazy for Russian heros and even less Russian heroines.....they just don't do it for me.

Nina is the daughter of a rich Russian and they now live in New York.
Raphael aka Rafe is a rich and gorgeous New York Italian....blah blah blah.

photo images17_zpsb8f1838d.jpg

And then I found myself really struggling to finish the book......very little dialogue..it felt like I was reading an essay!!!
 photo images14_zps2f45f537.jpg

I guess if you a fan of this autho
Jenny
Apr 12, 2015 Jenny rated it did not like it
Slutty heroine who treats hero like trash after their night together is not my idea of a romance! What happened to this author? She used to be amazing once upon a time :(
Doaa
Feb 09, 2014 Doaa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
although the story isn't powerful or come with anew idea
but i liked Rafe very much .. cool hero :D
Rgreader
Feb 07, 2014 Rgreader rated it did not like it
Just saying no.
Roub
Apr 01, 2014 Roub rated it did not like it
dreadful! very boring ! no angst, no chemistry n too much introspection made the book a dull one!
Lynn Spencer
C+ at AAR Lately, my tastes have tended toward historicals, gothics, and romantic suspense. So, for contemporary month, I challenged myself to find a contemporary in my Wall o’ Books that was a romance rather than a mystery. At some point, I’d been fascinated by the fact that Carole Mortimer had published several gazillion books with Harlequin, so I had a few of her Presents titles lying around. I opted to read her 2014 release, A Prize Beyond Jewels.

Though book 2 in a trilogy, this one stands a
Milena
Aug 14, 2014 Milena rated it it was ok
This book was very boring. I didn't like the main characters, especially the heroine's relationship with her overprotective father. And the plot twists that make her father go from alleged mafia boss to cute elderly man were so ridiculous that I felt cheated in the end. Romance was okay, but I'm tired of the trend of male love interest awakening virginal heroine's sexual urgings. Also, New York City is supposed to be lavishly described and a part of the story, but I really didn't get a sense of ...more
Mudpie
Jul 21, 2015 Mudpie rated it liked it
The sexual chemistry between Nina and Rafe is scorching hot! I like that they both connect intellectually and appreciate each other's professional capability and talents. The fact that Rafe wants to shed his useless playboy image and for her to see he's the new ideas innovative partner in the galleries is always a great sign. he didn't want to hide behind his cavalier attitude to fight for attention as the middle child. In the end Dimitri's secret is kind of an anticlimax so this could gave ...more
Onu
It was okay. Nothing exceptional or memorable about this one. Just another ordinary HP. I didn't think that the heroine was cold and cruel towards the hero after she slept with him. I think her defenses were up because the hero never gave any indication that he felt anything special for her. And given his womanizing ways, it was hardly surprising to see the heroine protect herself from potential heartbreak.

I would give it 2.5 stars. Not a bad book but nothing great either.
Harlequin Books
"Mortimer uses opulent New York City as her palette for an emotionally fraught romance with a mystery. Her heroine is complicated and spirited; her hero is tenacious with hidden depth. Their lively banter camouflages their fears and electrifies their lovemaking". (RT Book Reviews, rated 4 1/2 stars)

Miniseries: The Devilish D'Angelos
Mary A. McCormick
Mary A. McCormick rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Harlequin Books
received 4 1/2 stars from RT Book Reviews
Miniseries: The Devilish D'Angelos
Kelly Downs
Kelly Downs rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2015
Grace Thain
Grace Thain rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2014
Rae
Rae rated it did not like it
Feb 17, 2014
Luther
Luther rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2014
Latika Bishnoi
Latika Bishnoi rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Brittany Mcglothlin
Brittany Mcglothlin rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2015
Lily
Lily rated it liked it
May 10, 2014
Laura Hannaway
Laura Hannaway rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2014
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2015
Keisha Stafford
Keisha Stafford rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016
Ralitsa Ivanova
Ralitsa Ivanova rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2014
Cécile Rischmann
Cécile Rischmann rated it it was ok
Sep 10, 2015
Mehki Zaveri
Mehki Zaveri rated it it was ok
Dec 24, 2015
Laureen
Laureen rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2014
Dilek
Dilek rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2016
Hasnamezied
Hasnamezied rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Kobie
Mar 28, 2014 Kobie rated it liked it
2, 5 because I did finish it, but big secret did not work at all for me.
Laura rated it it was ok
Feb 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • A Scandal in the Headlines (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #7)
  • The Costarella Conquest
  • The Fearless Maverick (Bad Blood, #4)
  • Unnoticed and Untouched
  • Italian Boss, Ruthless Revenge
  • Nicolo: The Powerful Sicilian (Orisini Brothers, #4)
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • Captivated by Her Innocence
  • The Truth About De Campo (The Delicious De Campos, #3)
  • His Unexpected Legacy
  • The Mediterranean Billionaire's Blackmail Bargain
  • His Virgin Acquisition
  • Dark Angel (Sister Brides, #4)
  • The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • The Forbidden Ferrara (Ferrara #2)
  • The Sicilian's Unexpected Duty (Irresistible Sicilians, #2)
I have written almost 200 romance novels in contemporary and Regency.

I am a USA Today Bestselling Author and recipient of the 2015 RWA Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2014 I received a Pioneer of Romance Award from Romantic Times in the US and in 2012 I was recognised by Queen Elizabeth II for my 'outstanding service to literature'.

I am very happily married to Peter with six sons, and live on the
More about Carole Mortimer...

The Devilish D'Angelos (3 books)
  • A Bargain with the Enemy (The Devilish D'Angelos #1)
  • A D'Angelo Like No Other (The Devilish D'Angelos #3)