Start by marking “Deadly Safari” as Want to Read:
Deadly Safari

Deadly Safari

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  60 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
BODYGUARD UNDER COVER

Texas Ranger Alex Markham lands an unusual assignment—protecting an ambassador's daughter on the African savanna. No one—not even wildlife filmmaker Meghan Jordan herself—can know his true identity. The stubborn but beautiful Meghan is nothing like the bookish woman he expected…and neither is his unguarded reaction to her. For the cowboy-turned-cop, t
Published March 4th 2014 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Safari, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Safari

Full Steam Ahead by Karen WitemeyerDare to Love Again by Julie LessmanA Match Made in Texas by Karen WitemeyerA Beauty So Rare by Tamera AlexanderMeant to be Mine by Becky Wade
NEW 2014 Christian Fiction
234th out of 325 books — 790 voters
Best Laid Plans by Stylo FantomeJane Unwrapped by Leah RooperThe Elevator Kiss by Amina ThulaBlack Sparkle Romance by Amara Nicole OkoloLove's Persuasion by Ola Awonubi
Romance Novels Set in Africa
64th out of 81 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

H.L. Wegley
Apr 08, 2014 H.L. Wegley rated it really liked it
What I enjoyed most about this book is the African setting. Otherwise, it's a journeyman's effort by Lisa Harris, with well developed characters, especially the hero, Alex,a Texas Ranger and the heroine, Meghan, a wildlife filmmaker. The romantic part is written well and is believable, but the setting, the African savanna, with its animals, the native African people, and culture, steals the show for me.
Shirley Corder
Apr 21, 2014 Shirley Corder rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
When Texas Ranger Alex Markham is sent to Africa to protect an ambassador’s daughter he has no idea what he is taking on. Meghan Jordan, a wildlife filmmaker, is an independent young woman determined to make her own way in life without any babysitting or guidance from over-protective males.

The location and scenery of the story is beautifully told by Lisa Harris, which comes as no surprise as she lives in Africa and loves the country, its inhabitants, and its wildlife. The characters are well pu
Nora St Laurent
Jul 08, 2015 Nora St Laurent rated it it was amazing
I’m thankful for the review copy of a book that gave me a peek at some beautiful sights in Africa along with a compelling story. Lisa blends in some deadly elements into the mix as Meghan is trying to wrap up filming a documentary about lions.

I had the opportunity to interview this author for Book Fun Magazine a few months ago. It was there I learned she lived in Africa and loved safari. I saw her several of her animal pictures and learned about her passion for photographing these amazing creatu
Teri-k
This book just didn't impress me The plot was completely predictable. The heroine tended to be whiny and I felt she really over reacted to her father's behavior. But what bothered me most was the stilted dialogue. No one speaks like the people in this book did and that just made it impossible for me to enjoy reading it. Set in South Africa, you won't feel like you've been on a safari after you read this, so I suggest passing and trying something else.
Ruth
Mar 12, 2014 Ruth rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: yes
Recommended to Ruth by: was on the Love Inspired Monthly list
Loved it! Really enjoyed reading all about all the animals in Africa. Not only very suspenseful but so inspirational as well. I loved on page 231 where Meghan reminded Mr. Cowboy "that there was still good in the world and that sometimes it was the smallest things that in turn made the biggest difference"...how true that passage is. Thanks Lisa, for sharing your God given talent and I look forward to your next book.
Quentin Oaklands
Mar 14, 2014 Quentin Oaklands rated it it was amazing
I have read two other Lisa Harris books, so when I got the opportunity to read and review Deadly Safari I jumped at it. I enjoyed reading about the people and the animals in Africa. The story has a good flow, plenty of suspenseful mystery. The relationships issues are interesting and help the story and the decisions each person made create new issues at times. Overall a worthwhile read.
Lyndi
Feb 18, 2015 Lyndi rated it liked it
While this wasn't a bad book, it was a bit predictable. I liked Alex the cowboy, didn't connect with Megan. This was our February 2015 book, and nobody gave it higher than a three star rating, some went as low as two. I liked it better than a two, and this was my first book by this author. I would give her another shot, just not another one with these particular characters.
Sharon
Jun 25, 2014 Sharon rated it liked it
This is a typical "Love Inspired Romantic Suspense" novel. What interested me the most was the exotic location, a game reserve in the northern region of South Africa, which the author describes beautifully.
Chad Ligon
Carla
Carla added it
Jul 21, 2016
Megan Matthews
Megan Matthews marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Tera Joiner
Tera Joiner marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Taylor
Taylor rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Gwenneth
Gwenneth marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Alisha
Alisha rated it really liked it
May 28, 2016
Alfredia Haynes
Alfredia Haynes rated it really liked it
May 20, 2016
Susanne
Susanne marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Olive Breece
Olive Breece rated it really liked it
May 10, 2016
Danielle Cecchini
Danielle Cecchini marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Hannah
Hannah rated it really liked it
May 07, 2016
Julie Ann
Julie Ann marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Camille
Camille rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2016
Beth - ;)
Beth - ;) rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Bhoju Zode
Bhoju Zode marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
BrianShelly Engwall
BrianShelly Engwall marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
BIO: Award-winning author of nineteen novels and novellas, Lisa Harris lives with her husband and their three children in Mozambique, Africa, where they work as missionaries.

When she’s not busy writing or home schooling, she loves traveling, cooking different ethnic foods, and photographing animals and birds in the African bush. Visit her website at www.lisaharriswrites.com and her blog at www.my
More about Lisa Harris...