Start by marking “Deadly Safari” as Want to Read:
Deadly Safari

Deadly Safari

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  7 reviews
BODYGUARD UNDER COVER

Texas Ranger Alex Markham lands an unusual assignment—protecting an ambassador's daughter on the African savanna. No one—not even wildlife filmmaker Meghan Jordan herself—can know his true identity. The stubborn but beautiful Meghan is nothing like the bookish woman he expected…and neither is his unguarded reaction to her. For the cowboy-turned-cop, t
Published March 4th 2014 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Safari, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Safari

Nora St Laurent
I’m thankful for the review copy of a book that gave me a peek at some beautiful sights in Africa along with a compelling story. Lisa blends in some deadly elements into the mix as Meghan is trying to wrap up filming a documentary about lions.

I had the opportunity to interview this author for Book Fun Magazine a few months ago. It was there I learned she lived in Africa and loved safari. I saw her several of her animal pictures and learned about her passion for photographing these amazing creatu
Shirley Corder
When Texas Ranger Alex Markham is sent to Africa to protect an ambassador’s daughter he has no idea what he is taking on. Meghan Jordan, a wildlife filmmaker, is an independent young woman determined to make her own way in life without any babysitting or guidance from over-protective males.

The location and scenery of the story is beautifully told by Lisa Harris, which comes as no surprise as she lives in Africa and loves the country, its inhabitants, and its wildlife. The characters are well pu
H.L. Wegley
What I enjoyed most about this book is the African setting. Otherwise, it's a journeyman's effort by Lisa Harris, with well developed characters, especially the hero, Alex,a Texas Ranger and the heroine, Meghan, a wildlife filmmaker. The romantic part is written well and is believable, but the setting, the African savanna, with its animals, the native African people, and culture, steals the show for me.
Ruth
Mar 12, 2014 Ruth rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: yes
Recommended to Ruth by: was on the Love Inspired Monthly list
Loved it! Really enjoyed reading all about all the animals in Africa. Not only very suspenseful but so inspirational as well. I loved on page 231 where Meghan reminded Mr. Cowboy "that there was still good in the world and that sometimes it was the smallest things that in turn made the biggest difference"...how true that passage is. Thanks Lisa, for sharing your God given talent and I look forward to your next book.
Quentin Oaklands
I have read two other Lisa Harris books, so when I got the opportunity to read and review Deadly Safari I jumped at it. I enjoyed reading about the people and the animals in Africa. The story has a good flow, plenty of suspenseful mystery. The relationships issues are interesting and help the story and the decisions each person made create new issues at times. Overall a worthwhile read.
Lyndi
While this wasn't a bad book, it was a bit predictable. I liked Alex the cowboy, didn't connect with Megan. This was our February 2015 book, and nobody gave it higher than a three star rating, some went as low as two. I liked it better than a two, and this was my first book by this author. I would give her another shot, just not another one with these particular characters.
Sharon
This is a typical "Love Inspired Romantic Suspense" novel. What interested me the most was the exotic location, a game reserve in the northern region of South Africa, which the author describes beautifully.
Hannah VanderStel
Hannah VanderStel marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Luci
Luci added it
Feb 11, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Agnieszka
Agnieszka marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Marcy Blanton
Marcy Blanton marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Lisa Harris
Lisa Harris marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Robinrolson
Robinrolson marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Kaylene
Kaylene marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Kylie Nix
Kylie Nix marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Brianna
Brianna marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Jess Kristiansen
Jess Kristiansen marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
BIO: Award-winning author of nineteen novels and novellas, Lisa Harris lives with her husband and their three children in Mozambique, Africa, where they work as missionaries.

When she’s not busy writing or home schooling, she loves traveling, cooking different ethnic foods, and photographing animals and birds in the African bush. Visit her website at www.lisaharriswrites.com and her blog at www.my
More about Lisa Harris...
Dangerous Passage (Southern Crimes #1) Fatal Exchange (Southern Crimes #2) Blood Ransom Love Finds You in Revenge, Ohio Hidden Agenda (Southern Crimes, #3)