Start by marking “Table for Two” as Want to Read:
Table for Two

Table for Two

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Mandy Seymour always books a table for one

So the pretty food critic is stunned when she captures the eye of dashing chef Leo Romano. Leo's good looks and fabulous cooking are swoon-worthy, but it's his tender care of his ailing father and affection for his warm Italian family that really touch her heart.

A broken engagement has made Leo cautious. And as he grapples with his
Published March 4th 2014 by Love Inspired (first published December 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Table for Two, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Table for Two

This book was so cute and sweet! Mandy is a food critic, and she meets handsome Leo when she reviews his restaurant for her column. Leo is enamored with Mandy – but, he’s still suffering from the pain of a broken engagement. Plus, his father is ill and now Leo has agreed to run both of his father’s restaurants. Can he do all of this and still have a relationship with Mandy?

I loved this book – one main reason was the food! Lobster, torte, tiramisu, lasagna,
I was pleasantly taken back by the writing style of Brandy Bruce. I haven't picked up a Heartsong novel in quite some time and I often have trouble sticking with them as they are so rushed in the plot development. Or maybe I should say there isn't much time for that to occur. The author in this story reveals quite a knack for not making the romance and the story line feel rushed.

We meet several people and I would really love to hear more about them in future books if possible. My favorite would
I loved Table for Two! It was such a refreshing romance novel for me! It wasn't overly predictable (I knew that there was going to be a happy ending, but I wasn't sure what might happen before then) that kept me turning pages! Also I really just loved the entire premise of the book with all the yummy food that is mentioned!

From the very beginning I bonded with Mandy! I felt I was so like her in many ways in how she felt about her mother, Leo, and just life in general! Her best friend was complet
Apr 27, 2014 June rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
This was a great story about the affects other people have on our lives. Mandy spent most if her life feeling like a failure because she was the perfect child her mother wanted her to be. But she likes her life the way it is. She likes her job and going to eat at restaurants so she can review them.

Leo on the other hand has had a pretty charmed
life, until his fiancé decided he wasn't enough for her. Now he's taking over the family business and wants to be content with not having time to have a r
Marcy Dyer
I was given a copy of this novel in exchange for a fair and honest review.

In Table for Two, Brandy Bruce weaves a sweet, romantic tale of a food critic and a chef. Mandy Seymour, the food critic, has issues with self-confidence because she's never felt good enough to please her overly critical mother. Leo Romano, the chef, is skeptical of love after having his heart broken by his fiancé.

Mandy and Leo are drawn to each other, but there are many obstacles in the way. They must learn to depend on o
Table for Two is a cute, sweet love story that flies by. These Heartsong Presents books are quick reads for the romantic heart. I like how realistic the story was in terms of characters and their problems. Both Mandy and Leo felt real as did the stress they had in their lives and how it impacted their relationship. It was fun to see how each of them had to confront their own weaknesses and challenges in order to make their relationship work. The food sounded scrumptious and seriously made me wan ...more
Elizabeth Dyck
This book was the perfect ‘whirlwind’ romance for me. The story was well thought out and written. I can’t wait to get and read more books by Brandy Bruce.
Leo was the ‘perfect’ man in this story. He wasn’t this guy who had his whole life figured out and nothing went wrong for him. He had insecurities, hopes, dashed dreams, and an Italian temper.
Mandy has never been in a relationship before and feels as though she is a failure. Her mom has always put her down and it had resulted in huge insecuriti
Nancy Youree
I loved Table for Two! It was such a refreshing romance novel for me! kept me turning pages plus all the yummy food! I highly recommend this novel to anyone and it is a great Christian romance!
Jeanie Mccarthy Pityinger
This was a beautiful story of faith, trust and growth - he had to let go and stop trying to do it ALL himself, in his own stregnth, and let God in, to trust God to have his back and in God's will before he could move on in other areas of his life.
Nicola Short
Nicola Short marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Tara marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Kme_17 marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Elishia is currently reading it
Sep 30, 2015
Kimberley Mcclintock
Kimberley Mcclintock marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Aimee marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
J marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Shannah Mauney
Shannah Mauney marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Regina Kay
Regina Kay marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Amrutha marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Amalia Zekhat
Amalia Zekhat marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Rita marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Nancy Anderson
Nancy Anderson marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Phyllis Martin
Phyllis Martin marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 01, 2015 06:54AM
Have You Ever Suffered From A Broken Engagement? 1 4 May 05, 2014 03:58AM
Love Inspired Hea...: April 28-30 Q&A with Brandy Bruce 55 17 May 05, 2014 03:54AM
Brandy Bruce was scribbling stories in spiral notebooks at the age of 12. She finally traded in notebooks for a laptop and now writes romance novels. Having worked as a book editor for a traditional publishing house for more than a decade, Brandy is thrilled to work in an industry she loves. She's an editor, a writer, a wife, a mother to three fabulous children, and she's someone who really loves ...more
More about Brandy Bruce...
Second Chance Cafe Recipe for Love Looks Like Love