The Preacher's New Family

The Preacher's New Family

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Preacher T.J. O'Brien isn't looking for a wife and family

Yet every time he sees Sarah Anne Rycroft, he feels a powerful urge to protect the beautiful young widow. When she's in danger of losing the farm to the bank, T.J. steps in to defend Sarah against the unscrupulous banker.

Sarah knows T.J. has vowed to live a solitary life of devotion to God. Still, the single mother...more
Published March 4th 2014 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Preacher's New Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Preacher's New Family

Janine
“The Preacher's New Family” by Linda Glaz is a book that has made me understand that when I want a quick, easy, without conflict, and not much of a thinking book, then I am not to read one of Ms. Glaz's books. This book is a 'Heartsong Presents' book, and I will say it again this book has some meat to it, where I rely on 'Heartsong Presents' books being more candy then a meal, this book is a meal in of itself. It is not often that I give a 'Heartsong Presents' book a five star rating but this bo...more
Mary
Life couldn’t have been any more perfect for T.J. O’Brien. Surely God rescued him from the cramped big city apartment by calling him to become a frontier circuit rider. The deliciously sweet air, mixed with a peaceful life free from burdens to find a roof over his head or food for his table settled well in his soul. Nothing could pull him away from this perfect life. So he thought, until the day the beautiful young widow, Sarah Anne Rycroft greeted him with a shotgun.

Frontier life in 1881 came p...more
Cristine Eastin
Set in the Dakota Territory in 1881, "The Preacher's New Family" is a Harlequin Christian historical romance—you'll get exactly what you expect. All the pieces are there, fitting together nicely into a satisfying story. We've read the plot a thousand times, but that never seems to matter to us romantics who want to see the guy get the girl and the bad guy get his comeuppance.

Sarah, TJ, and Sarah's son Zach all come alive as the plot unfolds. We're rooting for them from the time TJ and Sarah firs...more
Deborah Dee Harper
If you love inspiring love stories, the Old West, and captivating characters, The Preacher’s New Family is a must read. Linda S. Glaz has done it again with her latest book. Not only are her characters well-defined and true-to-life, but the plot is unique. I love surprises and this book provides just that.

Her dialogue is true to the time period and setting; her descriptions of the Dakota Territory in the early 1880s are so authentic I could almost smell the prairie grass and feel the heat of a...more
Sarah Ruut
When things get tough and there seems to be no simple solution, many have pleaded with God to intervene, making promises in return. But that's not what God asks of us.

Sarah Anne Rycroft and TJ O'Brien each have bargained with the Lord. Whether He intervened in the way they asked or not, they now have to work through their responses to the situations in which they find themselves. How they choose to proceed also greatly impacts their relationship with each other.

We may find ourselves in different...more
Ginger Solomon
The Preacher's New Family is a sweet romance that pulls on your heartstrings and makes you smile at the same time. Add a four-year-old boy to the mix and you'll just melt as you read T.J. and Sarah Anne's story.

***I received this book from the author/publisher in return for an honest review.
Pegg
T.J. O'Brien is a circuit riding preacher, footloose and fancy free, in spite of the best efforts of the match-making mommas along his route. He's perfectly happy to fulfill his vow to serve God on his solitary path.

Sarah Rycroft is a widow with a young son and a farm to run. That difficult task is made even harder when the local banker makes it plain that he won't extend credit to a woman farmer. But she's determined to save the farm for her son's inheritance.

And then they meet...

A predictable...more
June
Mar 16, 2014 June rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
He'd promised his life to God! After TJ meets Sarah and helps her through some tough times, he has to re-evaluate that promise and what it really meant to God. Could he be a preacher and still have a family?

Very enjoyable story with great characters.
Ruth
First time reading anything by Linda Glaz and first time reading from the Heartsong collection.
Very good story and well written.
Jeanie Mccarthy Pityinger
This was a wonderful story of healing of a broken heart, restoring of one's faith in God, learning to trust and turn it all over to the Lord and leave it in His hands, and forgiveness.
Annie
I would have liked the story more if I knew why the banker was so against Sarah Anne keeping her land.
Although he showed up at the wedding, there wasn't even an apology for his slander or bullying ways.
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Tracy Smith
Tracy Smith marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Polar Bear Plunge The Substitute Bride With Eyes of Love Always, Abby Bride by Necessity