Start by marking “Her Accidental Engagement” as Want to Read:
Her Accidental Engagement

Her Accidental Engagement

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  14 reviews

Julia Morgan is in the midst of a nasty custody battle, trying to prove she provides a stable environment as a single mother for her son, Charlie. When the opposing lawyer starts to play dirty, she has a few tricks up her own sleeve--one that involves
Published February 18th 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Her Accidental Engagement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Accidental Engagement

Excellent book, several tissues required during my reading of it. Julia is desperately trying to retain custody of her son. His grandparents are trying to take him away and doing everything in their power to succeed. When a discussion at a local restaurant looks like it's getting out of hand, Sam intervenes, claiming Julia is engaged to him. While that solves the immediate crisis, it opens up a whole new set of problems.

I felt so bad for Julia. She is fighting battles against incredible odds. He
I love a story where the main character is fighting adversity with a strong hero at her side! I was able to relate to the the whole cast of characters and enjoyed some of the crazier ones! If you like Special Edition stories I highly recommend Her Accidental Engagement!!!
I received an Advanced Reader Copy of this story. Contemporary romance at its finest! This is the second in a series of books set in the small town of Brevia, North Carolina. Julia is a mom desperate to retain custody of her son. Fearing her past mistakes will prevent her from keeping him, she agrees to a fake engagement with the local police chief, Sam. Sam has had his eye on Julia for some time now, although her son is reason enough for Sam to keep his distance. But when he sees her in need of ...more
Julie Lence
Her Accidental Engagement by Michelle Major is one of those books that tugs at your heartstrings from the get-go. Single mom, Julia, is in the middle of a nasty custody battle. Chief of Police, Sam, needs to get his emotionally-charged Dad off his back. As Julia and Sam square off against those wreaking havoc in their lives, they strike a bargain to help each other by way of a pretend engagement. While the town's busy-bodies gossip, Julia and Sam fight to keep their engagement strictly business. ...more
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Her Accidental Engagement by Michelle Major

Julia Morgan and Police Chief Sam Callahan get engaged but not because they are in love. He wants to be the hero. She wants to protect her son. With end goals in place, they commit to a pretend engagement.

This couple has a lot of issues to deal with. She has severe learning disabilities which have made her feel less than adequate and even stupid at times. She is constantly putting herself down and not giving her family enough credit.
He has repressed his
Jenny Stallworth
Julia's story and emotions are expertly told in the second novel in Michelle Major's series set in Brevia, NC. Readers are easily able to relate to Julia's feelings of insecurity and her fierce determination to fight for her son. Also wounded in his own way, Sam is the perfect match for her. Watching their relationship move from a facade to true love is enjoyable and addicting. Carve out a couple hours to spend in Brevia, because once you start this book, you will not be able to put it down. Mic ...more
Aug 10, 2014 Chanel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those wanting a great couple with strong chemistry.
I so enjoyed this story. The first book in this Series, "Still the One", was a sweet story, but this book had so much more substance. I just loved both Julia and Sam. I wasn't sure, how I would like Julia, as in the other book, she was not my favorite. So, it was a pleasant surprise to see how she became such a wonderful mother and a good daughter.
The scenes between Julia and Sam were very well written. They are a couple with that special "It" factor. I just loved the chemistry between them. Pl
Julia will do anything to keep custody of her son. His Dad had never been in his life but all of a sudden his parents start a war for custody.
Enter Sam, small town police chief, to rescue Julia. He has always had feeling for Julia. But he has pushed them aside. His Dad is always pressuring him to settle down. So he hatches a plan to fake an engagement to help Julia and get his Dad off his bad.
This is not easy to do living in a small town. Everyone know everyone else's business.
Sam had not counte
Jennie Marts
I loved this sweet, small-town romance. I could relate to Julia Morgan as a mom trying to do the best for her son, even when her own self-doubt got in the way. Sam Callahan was the perfect hero for her and it was great fun to watch these two characters take a chance on each other and find the love they deserved. I highly recommend Her Accidental Engagement.
This book was SO good! The beginning was perfect; right into the action. As I moved forward, I HAD to put the book down. I got overly anxious about the events and the characters' reactions and I needed to take a break. I think I stopped about every two chapters or so. From that point on, I couldn't put it down. I stayed up an extra 4 hours past my bedtime to finish! This is the second book I've read by Ms. Major, and it seems she just keeps getting better. I can't wait to read her next book!

I was enjoying this story very much until it came to an abrupt end that left me kind of hanging.
When the local police chief comes to a single mom's rescue with a pretend marriage proposal fake sparks become all too real. Excellent book, several tissues required during my reading of it. I love a story where the main character is fighting adversity with a strong hero at her side! Her Accidental Engagement by Michelle Major is one of those books that tugs at your heartstrings from the get-go. I was a tad upset in the beginning because I just did not want to imagine anyone could be rude or cru ...more
finished it, but struggled with H's "I'm not worthy" justifications.
Harlequin Books
"TOP PICK! Major's accidental romance rocks. Tormented by their pasts and afraid to love again, the characters play their roles perfectly, and the attitudes and antics of the people in their small town are spot-on. Major's use of humor is exceptional, especially when her characters employ it to mask their insecuruities and suffering". (RT Book Reviews, rated 4 1/2 stars)
Elaine M
Elaine M marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Aleaka marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Erin McDonough
Erin McDonough marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Chris marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Elizabeth Hurley
Elizabeth Hurley marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Blue Falcon
Blue Falcon marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Emily added it
May 18, 2015
Get Lost in a Story: Her Accidental Engagement & RT Top Pic 1 3 Mar 03, 2014 06:56AM
  • A Wife for One Year (Those Engaging Garretts!)
  • A Texas Rescue Christmas
  • The Last-Chance Maverick (Montana Mavericks: 20 Years in the Saddle! #4)
  • Search and Seduce
  • Fatal Fallout
  • Close Up
  • Liam's Perfect Woman (Home to Harbor Town, #2)
  • Protecting His Princess
  • His Hometown Girl
  • His Son, Her Secret
  • Christmas in Cold Creek (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #9)
  • Her Perfect Proposal
  • Expecting the Earl's Baby
  • A Last Chance Christmas
  • A Bride for the Runaway Groom
  • A SEAL's Pleasure (Uniformly Hot SEALS, #8)
  • The Sarantos Baby Bargain
  • Wound Up (Pleasure Before Business #2)
Michelle Major grew up in Ohio but dreamed of living in the mountains. Soon after graduating with a degree in Journalism, she pointed her car west and settled in Colorado. Her life and house are filled with one great husband, two beautiful kids, a few furry pets and several well-behaved reptiles. She’s grateful to have found her passion writing stories with happy endings. Michelle loves to hear fr ...more
More about Michelle Major...
Kissing Mr. Right Still the One A Brevia Beginning A Kiss on Crimson Ranch (Crimson, Colorado #1) The Taming of Delaney Fortune