Start by marking “Roommate Wanted (Sharing Space, #1)” as Want to Read:
Roommate Wanted (Sharing Space, #1)

Roommate Wanted (Sharing Space #1)

It’s official: Chloe Brooks is having the worst week ever.

Her roommate has just moved out with no notice, leaving Chloe little time to find a replacement, the pressure is on at work as she vies for a big promotion, and she just caught her boyfriend in bed with another woman. She doesn’t need any more complications, but that’s exactly what Chloe gets when Patrick Murphy sho
Published September 17th 2013 by JK Press

To ask other readers questions about Roommate Wanted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roommate Wanted

Beast by Pepper PaceThe Ballerina & the Fighter by Ursula SinclairThe Grunt by Latrivia S. NelsonThe Space Between by Victoria H. SmithTaken By Moonlight by Violette Dubrinsky
Multicultural New Adult Fiction
33rd out of 247 books — 217 voters
A Test of Love by Kenya WrightAn Arrangement of Love by Kenya WrightMonster by Francette PhalThe Masseuse by Violette DubrinskyUrban Vampire Complete Series by Pepper Pace
Love without color (BW/WM)
24th out of 83 books — 24 voters

More lists with this book...

Camille
Dec 15, 2013 Camille rated it liked it
What? I didn't know it was going to end on a cliffhanger.

This was good. A cute, easy, fun, little read. Somewhat too 'hood-ish' at times for me but overall it was diverting.
DKristin
Jan 07, 2014 DKristin rated it it was amazing
Short, adorable, hilarious, and very well written! On to the next...
sraxe
This is the first of six installments in the Sharing Space series (or a part of the now-combined book, Sharing Space). I really liked Chloe and Patrick, though we don't get as much of his POV as we do of Chloe's in this one. I thought Chloe was super funny and found the book hilarious.

"I'm not the plumber,” said the plumber.

"Look, Lou, Mr. Tucci said... Wait. What?”

"I'm not the plumber. I'm not a plumber. I'm here to see the apartment."

"You are?"

"He is?” asked Lawrence.

"Shut up, Lawrence. Listen
Sitahiri
Nov 05, 2013 Sitahiri rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pl, series
Me encantó!!

Nina, gracias por presentarme a mi nuevo book boyfriend: Patrick Murphy *.*

Una lectura ligera, un cambio refrescante...

Una trama simple y sin complicaciones, pero no me malinterpreten, es exactamente esta simplicidad y el modo en que fluye naturalmente lo que la hace una gran historia.

Una historia con escenas divertidas y protagonistas con problemas comunes que todos podemos tener.

Las conversaciones de Chloe con su amiga, y consigo misma, su reacción al conocer a Patrick, sus convers
Tina
Aug 13, 2016 Tina rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

The book works on a lot of levels. It creates a compelling story, it is well written and as an IR romance it doesn't dwell on race but uses it rather realistically,imo, given these two people. It also feels energetic with being centered in the City and it's inclusion of all types of people.

My full review of first installment here
Samone Black
Oct 06, 2013 Samone Black rated it really liked it
Like all of Nina's work, this is fantastically written and I will definitely be reading the rest of the series. The only reason I gave it 4 and not 5 stars, is because its a genre I wouldn't normally read and the only reason I did was cause its Nina. I think the fact that I have read every single one of her books and rated them 5 stars says it all about what a great author she is and if this is your kind of genre, then you MUST read it!
James
Oct 10, 2013 James rated it it was amazing
The author of The Twin Prophesies kickstarts another series with this belter of a story. Although this particular genre wouldn't necessary appeal to me, I really enjoyed what Nina Perez did with her characters in such a short space of time. I for one eagerly await the forthcoming second part. What a way to leave a reader panting for more!
Catherine
Sep 30, 2013 Catherine rated it it was amazing
Having read all of Nina's other books I was anxiously awaiting the release of this series. It's an amazing start for the series and I cannot wait to read the rest of it as it comes out.
Laci
Jan 17, 2014 Laci rated it liked it
Dear Book, I'm sorry you had to follow Raw. I feel like if I would've read this at a different time it may have had a different effect but unfortunately it just didn't grab me.
Sheila Lord
Dec 31, 2013 Sheila Lord rated it it was amazing
Wow what a cute fun story..... And I wasn't expecting a cliffhanger...... But it's such a good book I need to get the rest of the series
Lucretia Garrett
Jan 02, 2014 Lucretia Garrett rated it it was amazing
I am so excited for the next installment, this is such a good story so far.
Joseph
Oct 20, 2013 Joseph rated it it was amazing
A great start to what's bound to be a spectacular series of books!
Joshirl
Nov 18, 2013 Joshirl rated it really liked it
I liked this book, it was charming and cute. I am officially addicted to this series now.
Sandra
Jan 08, 2014 Sandra rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this first installment.
Melody
Dec 11, 2013 Melody rated it really liked it
Nice read
Megan
It was an enjoyable well written novella and it had great potential but I was not all too into it. I liked how in just 90 pages we got to know the characters.

Chloe is an assistant to a big adversing company. She puts an add on Craig's List and the newspaper to try and find a new roommate and ends up meeting a very colorful bunch. No one seems right except for a guy, but does she really want to live with a guy? Patrick is trying to make it as a big actor. He looked into the apartment so that he
Deviki
Ok I wasn't expecting this book to be really short and to end with such a huge cliffhanger LOL

I liked this book very quickly, It was an easy read and I liked how I was not able to put down this book. It was a light, very easy to read book and I enjoyed reading all the characters in this book.

Chloe and Patrick is really nice and likeable characters. I understand Chloe's problem of being accused and teased about not being enough of her race. I have the same problem and I can relate to her problem
Stef
Jan 27, 2016 Stef rated it liked it
I expected a story full of humor and romance. It should be a story that is fun to read. That is exactly what it is even though there is not much of the romance in there. For getting that it is necessary to read the following books of this series.

The idea of the story isn’t new but I like it anyway. It was fun to read. I like the writing style because it fits perfectly to the pace of the story.

The characters were nice to get to know and it is easy for the reader to follow their decisions in terms
Jill Sorenson
Jan 03, 2014 Jill Sorenson rated it liked it
First part of a contemporary romance series. I really liked the author's voice and her main character, Chloe. I didn't know what to think about Chloe's bff and the issues regarding "reverse racism." It's a setup guaranteed to create conflict between Chloe and her new roomie, a white man. He seems pretty bland to me, maybe because Chloe has such a strong voice and personality.

I have to mention that there are spaces between paragraph breaks and lots of blank pages between chapters. I'm not sure i
Taz Will
Jun 27, 2014 Taz Will rated it it was amazing
This was nice and short but entertaining. Chole's roommate leaves her, she walks in on her man with another woman, and her job is stressful. all the potential roommates that answer her ad don't mesh well with her. The one she thought was a woman was really a man. After considering the possibilities of having a man as a roommate and the shade from her friend she offers him the room. Not much drama besides Patrick's over the top friend and a surprise visit from her cheating ex. The ending heats up ...more
Natasha Kingston
Feb 01, 2014 Natasha Kingston rated it really liked it
This is a really fun start to the story, written from an honest perspective. As a mixed-race woman, I find reading about life from a black woman's perspective to be very interesting and I appreciate that Ms. Perez doesn't mince words or dance around uncomfortable questions. It's lighthearted when it needs to be, and I was so annoyed when I went to click to the next page and had reached the end! Getting the next one in the series now!
Anita
Jan 17, 2014 Anita rated it it was amazing
Wonderful start to a series. Quick, cute - great characters. Author was able to give them some depth in less than 100 pages! Looking forward to reading the remaining books in the series. Can't wait to find out what happens with Patrick and Chloe!
Anino
I enjoyed reading this novella, and I'm looking forward to reading the other installments in this series.

Although it wasn't absolutely captivating, it has managed to pique my interest.

Giving this one: 3 solid stars....
Teri
Jan 23, 2014 Teri rated it liked it
Ehhh wasn't bad wasn't wonderful I thought as soon as it was getting good it ended. Glad it was a freebie will only read the others if they are too.
K.
Apr 05, 2014 K. rated it really liked it
Great book. Loved how Perez set the tone and romantic build up that will unravel throughout each book in this series.
K Denise
Jan 15, 2014 K Denise rated it it was amazing
Chloe is so easy to like. I think we all have a friend like Chloe and unfortunately, like Myra. I enjoyed book one and I look forward to the upcoming books.
Isabel
Isabel rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2013
DeMoris
DeMoris rated it it was ok
Dec 22, 2013
Chandra
Chandra rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2013
  • Love Script
  • For Love's Sake Only
  • Abandoned but not Alone
  • Over.
  • I Want To Be Yours (British Billionaires Book 1)
  • Mz Mechanic
  • Zoe
  • Crossroads  (Full Circle, #2)
  • The Grunt (The Lonely Hearts, #3)
  • Taming the Scotsman
  • Remember Me
  • Colorblind (Moonlight, #2)
  • Love Out of Order
Nina Perez is the author of a YA series of books, "The Twin Prophecies," and a collection of essays titled, "Blog It Out, B*tch."

Her latest books, a contemporary romance 6-book series titled Sharing Space, are now available on Amazon.com for Kindle download.

She's also the founder of Project Fandom.com, a website devoted to pop culture from a geek's point of view, and co-host of their podcast, Po
More about Nina Perez...

Sharing Space (6 books)
  • Family Ties (Sharing Space #2)
  • Slow Burn (Sharing Space, #3)
  • Taking Chances (Sharing Space, #4)
  • Winter Wishes (Sharing Space, #5)
  • Before Forever (Sharing Space, #6)