Nate the Great and the Fishy Prize

Nate the Great and the Fishy Prize (Nate the Great #8)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  176 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Nate the Great is about to enter his dog, Sludge, in the smartest pet contest. But when the prize disappears, it looks as if the contest will flop.

It's a tough case for Nate and Sludge as they search for clues leading to the missing prize. In more ways than one, it's a very fishy business. Can Nate and Sludge find the prize in time?
Published September 25th 2013 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published February 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Nate the Great and the Fishy Prize, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nate the Great and the Fishy Prize

Lisa Cohn
Michael, age 5, loves Nate the Great books. He likes this book because, as he says, it's a boy-and-dog mystery, and it's funny! Also, he likes the fact that dog Sludge finds the clues and that Nate and Sludge are afraid of dog Fang. Watch his review here, and prepare yourself for some great detail--and silliness:
Leiera Monae
Children's Reading Adventures Book Club, Summer 2014

*D.E.A.R. Time -- Read with 7 year olds*

07.11.2014
Michelle. D.
Nate the Great books aren't that great. I hated them when I was a kid, yet I would always read them.The endings of the books were always the same, they figured out what or who did it. And where are Nate's parents? They just let their son walk around everywhere and question people. That is very irresponsible of them. Nate the Great books always made me fall asleep and always wasted my time. I would not recommend this book to anyone, especially little kids. If kids want real mystery, they should r...more
Dolly
Dec 16, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Our girls love the Nate the Great series, especially my youngest. The stories aren't too long; we can read the whole book at one time. They are pretty silly, but fun and demonstrate common sense thinking. We love the common themes throughout the series; Nate's love for pancakes, his weird friends and their weird pets, and his great detective dog, Sludge.
Elizabeth
My three-year-old daughter really loves when I read Nate the Great. She picks up on quite a few of the details. These aren't my favorite books for kids, but they are great as they see Nate use common sense and linear thinking. The worst I can say is they're repetitive and for younger children.
Carrie
Cute story for beginning readers about a boy w/ a dog named Sludge who solves a silly mystery. The second part of the book has interesting facts about a few animals, a the skill test for your dog and some corny animal riddles. Good for ages 5-7
Eliza
I thought this book was really good because I like the way Nate the Great didn't see the prize when he walked past it outside. And then he realized that Fang knocked it out with his tail!
Angela
I liked how Nate uses commom sense to think things through. This story would be great to introduce linear thinking to younger kids. I do wonder where Nate's parents are though.
Victorb
Nate the Great was on his bike. Nate smells a fishy clue. pip brot his porot. I Like It.
Shelley
This one my son asked and asked to own. It's a good one.
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Callie
Callie marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
M
M added it
Aug 17, 2014
Azalea
Azalea added it
Jul 31, 2014
Maloy Kids
Maloy Kids marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
B
B marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Sarah added it
Jun 16, 2014
Nate the Great Nate the Great Goes Undercover Nate the Great and the Big Sniff Nate the Great and the Missing Key Nate the Great and the Sticky Case