Start by marking “Love and Chaos: A Brooklyn Girls Novel” as Want to Read:
Love and Chaos: A Brooklyn Girls Novel

Love and Chaos: A Brooklyn Girls Novel (Brooklyn Girls #2)

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  554 Ratings  ·  79 Reviews
Wild child and secret romantic Angie wakes up in a hotel room with $3,000 and no memories of the night before. Her best friends aren't talking to her, she can't get a job in fashion, her parents are divorcing, and she's about to turn twenty-three. And life is about to get much worse.

Brooklyn Girls: Love and Chaos continues the story of our five favorite grads sharing a bro
Published February 25th 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Love and Chaos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love and Chaos

Arch Bala
I’ve actually enjoyed reading this more than the first book in the series. I feel like I could relate more with Angie’s story than Pia’s. It’s probably because it’s less incredulous than Pia’s histrionics and more focused on the romance this time. Aside from the still very much centered theme of BFF’s amongst the girls, we get to see more of the main character’s love interest. I loved Angie’s characterization because it’s very real and more likable. I’m not saying I don’t like Pia – obviously I ...more
Love Fool
Jun 17, 2014 Love Fool rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wild child and secret romantic Angie wakes up in a hotel room with $3,000 and no memories of the night before. Her best friends aren’t talking to her, she can’t get a job in fashion, her parents are divorcing, and she’s about to turn twenty-three. And life is about to get much worse.

I LOVE the idea of making a book about each girl. Now, I will admit that in the beginning Angie annoyed me with her stupid decisions but she grew on me and then I ended up liking her and the book. I also decided that
Lulufrances
Oct 10, 2014 Lulufrances rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You may or may not have noticed that I haven't finished a book in about a month - this was due to time management and priorities in new phases of my life that I had to settle and sort out.
However, this chic-lit was the perfect nighttime escapism read and I'm "finally" through, so yay, reading's gonna pick up even more now, I hope.

I love all books fashion-related, but there is one "downside" to them: they trigger something in me, inspire me, so when that happens, I read the triggering sentence an
Naty
Aug 13, 2015 Naty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
Prišlo mi to o niečo slabšie ako Pia. Angie bola fajn, ale tuším, že tej sebaľútosti mala viac ako Pia. Bolo to viac romantickejšie a trošku menej vtipnejšie, ale aj napriek všetkému sa mi to páčilo. Gemma Burgess má skvelý štýl písania!
Triss
Mar 10, 2014 Triss rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait for the next book!
I'm seriously addcited.
I'm trembling, screaming, not sleeping and thinking just about Brooklyn Girls and what's gonna happen to Miss Coco.
And Jules, really, I need Julia's book.
Now.
Sheyenne
Jan 14, 2014 Sheyenne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Females in their early 20s!
Let me start off by saying that this book is way better than the first book. I'm glad I decided to stick with the series and hopefully it continues to get better. Now since this book isn't out yet I'm gonna try my best to make it spoiler free. Hopefully I can.

MEET ANGIE

description

In this book we get to know Angie. I really thought I wouldn't like her because of the first book but after getting to know her she's become one of my favorites. She's the girl who doesn't give a damn and doesn't need anyone. Well
cloudyskye
Sep 24, 2014 cloudyskye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really, really liked this. In the first book, Angie didn't sound so much like my cup of tea, but this time she was more vulnerable, not so much the selfish "wild child", so I was on board with her from the start. And of course: Sam!!! Aidan in Pia's story was/is great, too, but slightly elusive. I feel like I know Sam much better, and there was a lot more interaction between him and Angie. Plus: This lady prefers blonds. :)
Three more girls to go now, can't wait for the next one (Coco), and I t
Lyndsey O'Halloran
Apr 14, 2014 Lyndsey O'Halloran rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
When I read the first book in this series, Brooklyn Girls, I wasn’t so sure about the rest of the series. The language in the first book was a little off and it bugged me from time to time. But, when I saw this book come up on NetGalley I figured I would give the series a second chance… and I’m glad I did.

The first book focused on Pia whereas this book focuses on Angie, one of Pia’s friends. Angie is a bit of a wild child and really likes partying hard. Her life is a complete mess and nothing at
Leah
I really love Gemma Burgess. She’s one of those authors who writes like a dream, who tells you how it really is to be a twenty-something. There’s no faffing, no sugar-coating. IT IS WHAT IT IS. And I really admire that about her and she’s become an instant favourite of mine. I will read anything she ever writes, because I know she’ll be honest. A Girl Like You is one of my favourite books, ever, and I was hoping to add her new Brooklyn Girls series to that list, too. But it hasn’t actually worke ...more
Coleccionista  de finales tristes
Es la continuación de "Chicas de Brooklyn" cinco amigas y alcohol, sexo, ropa, amigos y sus primeros trabajos.

Aquí la protagonista es Angie quien se da cuenta de que los chicos la ven y literalmente la tratan como prostituta y decide dejar de salir con niños ricos y cambiar su vida.

Lo bueno del libro es que estas chicas no tienen superpoderes y no acuden a sus padres para resolver sus problemas y tampoco acuden a sus novios. Lo malo: los finales felices ante situaciones bien negativas.
Deniz
Oct 21, 2014 Deniz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I only have one negative comment for this book really and that was the author repeating herself at few places. But other than that absolutely loved reading the book and it was definitely a lot better than the one about Pia. I was really disappointed with the first book as I am a huge fan of Burgess, especially because of "A Girl Like You" - by far my favourite ever romantic comedy book that I read 3 times so far and will probably read it many times more.

All in all I couldn't really drop this boo
Karen Boone
Jan 12, 2015 Karen Boone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I instantly fell in love with this group of girls after reading the first novel of the series Brooklyn Girls, mainly because it reminded me so much of my friends and I when we were in our early twenties (to see my full review of the Brooklyn Girls, click here.) After months of planning my wedding and having no time to sit down and read, I was thrilled to be able to dive into the second book during my honeymoon, picking up right where Brooklyn Girls left off; it was the ultimate escape!

Love and C
Lana C.
Better than installment #1! Angie is kind of less annoying than Pia. Her crisis is more relatable, and this story weaves itself together in a lot of unexpected ways! I enjoyed all the plot twists, not of all of which were really even that obvious. The funny thing with books like this is that a lot of the tension is boiled down to a matter of when. Angie's broke? In other words, when is she landing her dream job. Angie and Sam are just friends? Great, when is she going to realize she's into him. ...more
Charlotte (Escapades of a Bookworm)
When I started reading this book I thought it was a long the lines of the chick-lit I use to read as a teenager (the Mates, Dates series or the Princess Diaries), cutesy books. And I was right… except there is a lot more swearing and sex.

When I read this book, I had realised it was part of a series, it was only when I looking up the details or the book that I realised my error. However I do not think that it matters. The book focuses on Angie, who, if you read the previous book, you may have fo
Maggie
Jul 06, 2015 Maggie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To bolo ešte lepšie než Pi-in príbeh :D Angie bola skvelá! A teším sa na ďalšiu knihu :)
Puja Mahendru
Mar 09, 2016 Puja Mahendru rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Saray
Nov 13, 2014 Saray rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
Si hay que destacar algo de este libro, es que la autora utiliza un vocabulario actual y moderno. Las protagonistas son chicas jóvenes, que salen, se divierten y tienen una vida sexual activa, con lo que tienen conversaciones entre ellas sin tapujos, hablando con total naturalidad de hombres y sexo.
Y, aunque todas buscan al hombre perfecto, con lo que el amor tiene un papel importante, no será el eje principal de la novela. Además, no resulta para nada ñoño ni cursi y, aunque es algo predecibe,
Christina
Feb 21, 2014 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a longtime fan of Gemma Burgess, I was so excited to hear she was writing a series of books about life in your early 20s in New York City. LOVE AND CHAOS feels like my early days in the Big Apple - constantly worrying about your career, your love life, your friends and your place in the world, especially whether or not you were right to move to NYC.
The writing is fresh and so current, I wasn't positive that Ms. Burgess wasn't writing as I was reading it!
Angie is so similar to myself at 22 t
Bookevin
Mar 12, 2014 Bookevin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
www.iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com

Fans of Gemma Burgess, rejoice! Your (our) favourite author is back with the second book in the Brooklyn Girls series! Since I really enjoyed the first book, I was really looking forward to reading the second book, which follows Angie's life in the Big Apple. Let's just say, if you enjoyed the first book, you'll want to read Brooklyn Girls: Angie!

If you've read the first book, you might get a vague impression of how Angie is as a character, so you can expect a bra
Kobby Gyampoh
May 27, 2014 Kobby Gyampoh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Also available on: http://chicklitpad.blogspot.com

MY SYNOPSIS
Imagine this: You are twenty-three. Crap. YOU ARE TWENTY-THREE! Fresh from the university thinking life is going to get better―the jobs are going to get better now that you have a degree to brag with, IN YOUR FACE EMPLOYERS! Or maybe let’s make your life a lot less shittier by taking away the certificate and making you a dropout with hopes of making it into the fashion world.
Uh-oh. Total screw-up.
Total screw-up, Angie’s life is. In a c
Monica
Dec 30, 2015 Monica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dit is gewoon écht een hele leuke chicklit :)
Brianna
Jul 29, 2014 Brianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This second book in the series focuses on Angie and her struggles in finding her way in New York and getting a career and life she loves. I really liked Angie way more than Pia but her troubles are nothing like I have ever gone thru, but she still is someone you can relate to.
I love how all the girls pitch in and really come together to help each other and make the right decisions. It really is good to show that roommates can bicker, but when it comes to action, they always have your back.
I can'
Lauren C.
Dec 12, 2015 Lauren C. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book was like chicken soup for my soul. The Brooklyn Girls are sexy, funny, fun, free spirits, and they all have a special bond, and while they don't always see eye to eye, they are each other's rock when life gets them down. And boy, do these girls go through ups and downs. BG has so much variety, I never know what to expect from this book. I am constantly amazed with every page I turn, and never disappointed. I devoured the first book, feat. Brooklyn Girl Pia; it hilariously chronicled he ...more
Maria Mitchell
I received this book for free from Goodreads First Reads to review honestly.

Angie is a bit of a carefree spirit, who sews when she's mad, stashes romance novels, and drinks heavily. She believes she should be more grown-up now at 23. But she wakes up undressed in a hotel with $3000 cash after drinking and partying too much after finding out her parents are divorcing. Her friends and roommates think she's a sloppy lost cause. So she needs to get away from it all.

Love and Chaos by author Gemma Bur
Lynne
Nov 25, 2015 Lynne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Alexa
Feb 26, 2016 Alexa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After professing my love for Brooklyn Girls last year, it is no surprise that I was looking forward to reading Love and Chaos. Gemma Burgess hits it out of the park yet again, with a vividly told tale. Complete with emotions and situations that I found easy to identify with, Love and Chaos has certainly earned a place as one of my favorite reads this year.

This second installment of (mis)adventures is narrated by Angie, the wild child, the party girl. I was worried I wouldn’t connect with her, si
Kama
I have not read the first book in this series like a normal person would do so I did wonder if I would be totally confused jumping straight into the second book. Thankfully the book stands very well on its own as we follow Angie’s life and let me say: I love, love Angie! She’s such an awesome character.

She is such a flawed character, seems cold on the outside (btw I did not get this impression from reading it, as I was totally on her side and I thought she was like a teddy bear so I don’t know w
Daniela
Love and Chaos is book #2, in the Brooklyn Girls series. I was so excited to see that there would be more, after reading book #1. But, I have to be honest and say that, Love & Chaos, left me a little disappointed.

This story was about Angie. Pia's best friend since childhood. Angie is the tough girl of the group. She's always just done whatever she's wanted and not really worried about the circumstances. But underneath all that tough exterior, lies a person whose really self conscience about
Natalie aka: PajamaBookGirl
Mar 04, 2015 Natalie aka: PajamaBookGirl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
After completely falling in love with Pia from the first book in the Brooklyn Girls series, I have been on tenterhooks waiting for second book and I was thrilled to know it was going to be about Angie.

Dark, Mysterious, Troublesome Angie who has a passion for fashion and a mouth like a sewer. Love her!Following her as she tries to grow up and get a proper job before her 23rd birthday, we see her fall from a great height when she wakes up naked and alone in a hotel room with no idea how she got th
SJH (A Dream of Books)
This is the second book in the series about friends living in Brooklyn, New York, trying to have fun and find romance, while at the same time attempting to find their own individual future paths. This story centres around Pia's best friend Angie, who is about to turn 23 and realises that her life is a mess. She's single and unemployed, her parents are getting a divorce and she can't seem to leave her wild child days behind her, even though for the most part she's unhappy and spiralling out of co ...more
  • The Worst Girlfriend in the World
  • From London with Love
  • Confessions of a Fashionista
  • Stan (Summer, #1.5)
  • I Love The 80s
  • A Message to Your Heart
  • Dark Sacrifice (Dark Paradise #2)
  • Don't Peek (The Diaries of a Teenage Girl)
  • Broken Heart Syndrome
  • The Summer of Living Dangerously
  • Úplne najviac
  • The List
  • Dear Dylan
  • Džínsový denník (Džínsový denník, #1)
  • Pretty Sly (Pretty Crooked, #2)
  • Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
  • Intensely Alice (Alice, #21)
  • A Dangerous Dress
Gemma started writing anti-romantic comedies for girls who like chicklit that comforts and charms without the silly fluffy bits. She lives in Notting Hill in London, but grew up all over the place – mostly Hong Kong. She loves talking and writing, not necessarily in that order.

She also loves burgers, vodka, white-tipped Marlboro Lights, OK GO, Sixteen Candles, Lucky Jim, anything from Nora Ephron
More about Gemma Burgess...

Brooklyn Girls (3 books)
  • Brooklyn Girls (Brooklyn Girls, #1)
  • The Wild One (Brooklyn Girls, #3)