Perfect Storm (His to Possess #3)

Perfect Storm (His to Possess #3)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  169 ratings  ·  32 reviews
When Jessica invited Dane back to her bed for one night of hot, no strings attached sex, she never expected to see him again. However, when the night's over they find that sometimes a casual fling doesn't end the next morning.

An office affair was the last thing Jessica ever imagined herself having, but each encounter with Dane is better, hotter, and more sensual than the l...more
Published December 31st 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Storm

Beccca May
Holy smokes! I am well and truly speechless from that ending. I totally did not see that one coming and literally had to pry my jaw from the floor after reading the last page of this third installment to this captivating series. I am so hooked right now, I couln't stop reading if I wanted to. I'm a little ashamed to admit that I just spent my lunch break tearing thorugh this book and now I cannot wait for the next one. With each book this story gets better and better. The sex scenes are scorchin...more
Veronica
I received a copy of the book via NetGalley.

Perfect Storm is the third installment of the HIS TO POSESS erotic serial featuring Jess, a young executive assistant and her wealthy dominating boss, Dane Ranier.

In the previous episode, we learned that Jess and Dane have resumed their sexual relationship, and that Jess's ex, Storm, has been to visit Jess' parents and my soon drop into her new life in Philly.

In this episode, the physicality increases in several ways. First, there is more sex. Three ev...more
Monica Cullip

His to Possess #3, Perfect Storm
Opal Carew

This book was gifted to me in exchange for an honest review.
Jessica is content to be working for Dane. It was a little bit of a rocky beginning after mistaking him for an exboyfriend Storm and the surprise of finding out he was her new boss. They tried to keep their hands off one another but it was impossible, the sexual attraction was too great. So the new deal now is simply sex. And oh my, there is alot of that. She is told to only wear garters, stocki...more
Vanitha
SPOILER ALERT!
I got this ARC from NetGalley for an honest review.

'Perfect Storm' continues from when Jessica has a phone conversation with her mother and finds out that her father gave Storm her phone number and may in fact try to find her.

The story goes into more detail as to why Dane and Rafe have such a rocky relationship (I won't get into that here) but it seems as though Jessica and Dane are getting to know each other more. Jessica reveals to him how Storm left her high and dry. From ther...more
Monica Cardoza
The passion between Jessica and Dane is hot but an unexpected person arrives.

Jessica Long has been working at Ranier Industries for awhile now and it seems that her and Dane Ranier sexual relationship is going strong. It seems that they get the groove on in his office more and especially since it’s soundproof. Only that it seems that one rule about Dane’s office is broken. Well Dane had given Jessica a task and she complied. She gave him something that maybe a lot of male boss’s have fantasies o...more
Ilana
Series: His to Possess #3

Overview

Vox
3.5 stars.

Storm has come back, boys and girls. And sexual performance is no longer the sole bailiwick of Dane. Storm’s got it going on too. More so, even, because Storm is the object of his and Dane’s secretary’s eye. Melanie has loved him for, like, ever.

Storm, though, got to Jessica first. Can he keep her? Will he? What about Dane?

The hotness continues in this one, much as it did with the first two installments. The sexy times are scorchin’ hot. For a 44-page quickie, it’s a fun, hot read.

If...more
Jeannie
This story is a quick, sexy and fun read, though it is also entirely predictable and a bit cliche. Overall, this is not Opal Carew's best work to date, but it's also not a bad read either - something perfectly steamy and light for a cold Sunday afternoon.
Debi
I received a copy from Netgally and publisher for honest review.

His to Posses series. Perfect Storm is #3 in the series. Author really can pack a punch in an short episode. It's totally worth it!

Jessica is working as Dane's personal assistant. After sharing confidences, they begin to trust each other. Jessica finds she is tired of fighting the attraction she has for Dane. Her heart is still bruised from Storm's rejection, but she's not offering her heart. Dane and Jessica's encounters heat up t...more
Pamela
Perfect Storm is the third section of the His To Possess romance series. It is well written and well edited.

As I get further in this series I am enjoying it more and more. Storm reappears in Jessica's life in a very surprising way and she begins to question her relationship with him and Dane. She and Dane begin to develop a relationship that goes beyond sex.

The sex scenes are nicely written and the secondary characters become an integral part of the story.

I look forward to reading the rest of th...more
Kay Naughty Book Snitch
Dane and Jessica's physical relationship is still progressing nicely at the onset of this book. They actually get caught having sex at work by her friend, Melissa. But since Dane's body was in front of hers, her identity isn't known. She ends up admitting to Melissa it was her.

I enjoyed this book even though nothing much happened in it. I like Dane and Jessica. They truly seem to have some kind of connection and its enjoyable to read about.

I hate that I have to wait until the next installment. T...more
Laylaw
Perfect Storm is the 3rd installment in the His to Possess series and this portion really is the real meat and potatoes of the story as we learn more about Melanie and Dane's brother Rafe. Jessica and Dane also find themselves caught by Melanie in the office. Serious scorch factor between Jessica and Dane, but Jessica still carries her heart on her shoulder for Storm.

*This Honest review was done in exchange for an ARC through Netgalley from St. Martin's Press and Opal Carew.
AngelinaT
This story is getting even better now that Storm has returned. Jessica is making a life for herself in Philadelphia and she is in a no-strings attached with Dane (for now). Just when she started enjoying herself Storm comes back and I am sure he will cause an uproar in the next installment. I love all the characters in this story and the pace of this story is good and nothing drags on. Each installment ends with a cliffhanger and I didn't see this one coming at all!
Marily
Oh ma gosh!!! These cliffhangers are killing me!!!! I am totally hooked on this series!
Jenn Cunha
Received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange of an honest review.

Okay, this installment was better than the last two. It still had some problems, but it worked. Again, I need more between Jessica and Dane, but considering her big thing is it being purely physical, it's starting to work. That twist at the end was great, but now I have no idea what's going to happen between them all. Gonna have to see this series through to the end...well done Opal Carew...well done.
Margaret Sholders
Well, Dane and Jessica have finally decided to have sex. They decided to use Dane' s office as a neutral area. Dane dares Jessica to come up with a wild idea for sex. She does, no spoilers here, and blows his mind.! His brother Rafe ran from the family business when his ideas were over looked. Now he has come back home. Surprise!
Yolanda
I knew it and I m pissed.
Mandy
Great book
Loved it.
Eva Luna
This became two men, one way!
Samantha
I'm speechless. Storm has finally made an appearance. What is going to happen???

This is the third installment and Dane and Jessica are working on balancing their sexual, no string relationship with their working one. Melanie plays a bigger role, and the relationship between Jessica and Dane continues.

I did like this and thankfully I do not have long to wait for what happens. These little reads are fun!
Julie Brengard
I love books by this author. The only down side to this one is that it is in 6 parts. As soon as I finish one, I want the next. The sex is hot in this just like in her other books. I would recommend this to other if you enjoy other stories by her
Sue Galuska
I loved this part! I loved the story....loved the interruption (too funny)....and really loved the ending! What a great twist! Can't wait to read the next part.
Amanda
Loved this book! This is my favorite in the series so far
Christine
Thank you Net Galley and the publisher for this ARC copy in exchange for an honest review.
OMG!!! This series just keeps getting better and better!!
I can honestly say I thought there would be some sort of twist, but not this!!

Very nice writing and not overly graphic,enough to get blood boiling
JMV
**ARC-from Net galley**Ah Storm....... Now it is all coming together. Jess is in a spot. I'm not sure where this will lead but look forward to #4.
I received this as an ARC from NetGalley. Please read my review at my blog.

Georgette The "G"
Another great chapter in the affair of Jessica and Dane....that is until a storm comes into town!

I am truly enjoying these novellas!

Onto #4
Amanda
I thought this book was great if you only have a hour to read. I love the way the books make you want to read the next instantly.
Denise Koopman
Well I thought I had book 2 but I don't. But this book 3 was pretty good.
  • Crazy, Stupid Sex
  • Perfect 10
  • Jaguar Hunt (Heart of the Jaguar, #3)
  • The Real Thing
  • Sheikh's Scandal (The Chatsfield, #1)
  • A SEAL's Kiss (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #4)
  • Naughty Bits Part I: The Lingerie Shop (Naughty Bits, #1)
  • Breathe You In
  • A December Bride (A Year of Weddings, #1)
  • A February Bride (A Year of Weddings, #3)
  • Menage on 34th Street
  • Billion Dollar Cowboy (Cowboys & Brides, #1)
  • Reflection (Chrysalis, #2)
  • A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)
  • Layers Peeled (Layers Trilogy, #2)
  • His Obsession (The Billionaire's Muse, #4)
  • Flame (The Sandstone Affair #3)
  • Rock It (Rule Breakers #1)
206712
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Opal Carew loves cats, Zentangle, and wild nail polish!

More about Opal Carew...