The Morning After (His to Possess, #2)

The Morning After (His to Possess #2)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  152 ratings  ·  29 reviews
The second sizzling segment in the erotic serial His to Possess, an intoxicating tale of a woman torn between a dominant billionaire and a tattooed, bad boy rock musician.

When Jessica and Dane shared a night of explosively hot, no-strings-attached sex, she never expected him to offer the one thing she needed most—a job at his business empire.
As she embraces her role as his...more
Published December 24th 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin

Beccca May
This second installment in the "His to Possess" series was a little slow moving for my tastes. I'm always looking for the characters to get right to it instead of dragging things along and making us wait it out. Obviously, there's something to be said for suspense in a story like this, but after a while I just got frustrated with Jessica's rollerocaster ride of emotions when it comes to Dane. I felt like screaming at her..."You know you're going to give in and sleep with the man so why stress ov...more
AngelinaT
Opal Carew's stories are always sizzlers and this one is no exception. In this second installment we see that Jessica and Dane can no longer fight their attraction to one another and they start to mix business with pleasure. It ends in another cliffhanger ...this time we know that Jessica's ex is going to return. The "Storm" is coming!
Debi
I received copy from NETGALLEY and St. Martins Press for an honest review!

His to Posses series by Opal Carew. The Morning After is book 2. I love how this author can pack so much in a small package. A sexy new installment in Jessica Long's story.

Jessica gets a job just in time, she's moved to the big city. She's thanking her lucky stars for a new job at Ranier until she walks into her new bosses office. Dane Ranier was her hot hook up on her last trip to Philly, but she never got a last name wh...more
Veronica
I received a copy of this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is the second episode in the HIS TO POSESS serial.
Previously Jessica moved to Philly from Bakersfield to be the personal assistant to Dane Ranier. At the time she was hired she didn't realize that Dane, who bears an uncanny ram lance to Jess's last boyfriend Storm, was the man she'd had a one-nighter with when she came for the interview.

In this episode, there is a lot of sexual tension between Jess and Dane,...more
Nina
With every installment of this serial being approximately only 30-40 pages, the installments are nothing more than teasers. Just when you're getting to the good part, it ends! However, going into this serial I expected that so I can't complain.

In this second part, His to Possess #2: The Morning After , Jessica is working as Dane's personal assistant. Dane promises not to pursue anything further than their one night stand unless Jessica wants to. Without her consent, things between them will sta...more
Monica Cullip
Opal Carew
His To Possess #2, The Morning After
This story was gifted to me in exchange for an honest review.
This is the second in a six part series. In the first part we met Jessica who after thinking she sees her ex-friend at a coffee shop meets up with Dane. He pulls some strings to offer her a job. She does not realize he is behind the job offer until she moves to another city to start her job. Imagine the shock of walking in to meet your new boss who is the one who you share a hot and kinky o...more
Monica Cardoza
Will Jessica be able to keep her hands to herself? Will Dane be able to keep his hands to himself or will he break his word?

Jessica Long can’t believe who she is working for but she needs the job. What if he hired her just so he can have sex with her? She is supposed to be Dane’s personal assistant and it will be her call if she wants more. I have no idea how she can be so so close to him and not jump his bones. I love that she still carries Dane’s gift to her when they first met, how it has bee...more
Vox

The Morning After picks up after billionaire businessman Dane and job seeker Jessica have shared a night of unspeakable passion. Let’s pause for a moment, girls, grab our vibrators, and salute Dane. He enjoys controlling a woman sexually, and Jessica was surprised to find that she enjoys letting him do it.

So Jessica has landed a job as a “personal assistant,” only imagine her shock – shock, I tell you – that she will be assisting Dane!

Now, there is a job description I’d like to see. Bec...more
Cara Scott
One night stands are suppose to be just that, one night of passion. Unfortunately for Jessica the smoking hot guy she spend one night with is now her boss. Dane made a point to find Jessica and make sure that she came and worked for him. Now the decision to rekindle that one night of passion is up to her as Dane won't push her for more now that he is her boss. In this second part of the series we start to get a little more information about these two as Jessica decides she wants to pursue a pure...more
Ilana
Title: The Morning After
Author: Opal Carew
Publisher/Year: St Martin's Press 12/24/13
Length: 34 pages
Series: His to Possess #2

Overview

When Jessica invited Dane back to her bed for one night of hot, no strings attached sex, she never expected to see him again. However, when the night's over they find that sometimes a casual fling doesn't end the next morning.

Determined to put the memories of their shared night behind her, Jessica tries to view her new boss in a completely professional light. But...more
Vanitha
I got this ARC from Netgalley for an honest review.

This is the second book in the 'His to Possess' series, and it was not that great but a bit better than the first book as we start to learn more about the characters. The book continues from when Jessica learns that Dane is her new boss. The sexual tension continues to grow between them and she finally gives in to both their desires and begins a sexual relationship with Dane. We learn that Dane has a rough relationship with his younger brother,...more
Kay Naughty Book Snitch
This book starts right where the other one ended. Jessica is mortified that the man she had a one night stand is now her boss. They try to have a hands off professional relationship. Dane lets her know that he's willing to have a sexual relationship with her whenever she wants.

The two of them begin talking to each other about their pasts and relationships. Hers with Storm and his with his brother, Rafe. Rafe is out of town and he and Dane haven't spoken in ahwile.

This realtionship progresses nic...more
Samantha
IN this segment we get to see more of Dane. Dane is now Jessica's boss. She will be working as his personal assistant ensuring he has everything he needs. What exactly does this mean? Does their one night stand mean she'll have to make sure he's satisfied all the time?

Jessica is struggling to understand that Dane didn't hire her for her body but to be his actual PA. Together they make it through sexual tension filled days but Dane does as he says and waits for her signal that it's what she want...more
Laylaw
Number two in the His to Possess Series- Jessica has found her self employed and her boss is none other than her one night stand from several weeks back, Dane Ranier. Dane wants to have Jessica in his bed again, but he also wants to help her by keeping her employed.

Jessica can not get Dane out of her head, she is confused over what she wants and then throws caution to wind and admits she wants more. But, she only wants a physical relationship because her she is protecting her heart. Dane is wil...more
Pamela
The Morning after is the second section in the His To Possess romance series. It is well written and well edited.

Jessica is settling into her new job and her life in Philadelphia. She and Dane have decided to have a sex only relationship, but Dane has made it clear that he wants more. Jessica discovers that her old boyfriend, Storm, is looking for her.

The characters in this series seemed familiar to me. They are well developed, but not original. It may be that, because these are such short secti...more
Jenn Cunha
Received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange of an honest review.

After reading the second installment in this series, something has become abundantly clear. Opal Carew has no problem writing love scenes or inner monologue scenes. Her problem comes with anything where the characters have to have a dialogue. This banquet that Dane and Jessica went to? We got a little bit of relationship/closeness, but it all seemed very shallow. I wanted more to root for. Right now, I'm not entirely sure why I'm pus...more
Sue Galuska
I loved the storyline in this part. I love how she ends up working for Dane and that she is also friends with Melissa. I like how she is trying to learn her role of Personal Assistant while trying to hold back on doing the one thing she wants to do....be with Dane! I loved how she was able to get all dressed up fancy to go to a work meeting with Dane. Sounds like every girl's dream come true. I couldn't wait to read the next book!
Penny Gunther
This installment isn't quite as good at the first one BUT I am still looking forward to the next book! The second book lacked the steam of the first but the story is still good. I have a feeling as another reviewer said there is a storm brewing and I am sure there is. I can't wait to see how this story plays out!
Marily
At the edge of my seat and still HOT!!
Julie Brengard
I love books by this author. The only down side to this one is that it is in 6 parts. As soon as I finish one, I want the next. The sex is hot in this just like in her other books. I would recommend this to other if you enjoy other stories by her.
Christine
Thank you Net Galley and the publisher for this ARC copy in exchange for an honest review.

I think this was a very well written short story. I am enjoying them all lumped in one book, it keeps the flow going.

I also enjoyed the characters in this story a lot more. I felt we learned more about them and their pasts.
I cannot wait to start the third one! Oh drama!!
JMV
Book 2 started right were #1 left off with the surprise of Kate's new boss.....Matt. This book is better then the first one but still left me hanging for more. We end by hearing the name Storm. On to #3....
Amanda
A great 2nd book! This book kept me wanting more
* Booksessed * Bec
Book provided by the publisher.

Another hot little installment in the series. The writing was still a bit forced at times but better than the first one.
I couldn't help the "dum dum duuuuum" comment at the end of it though...This should be interesting
Peta Benjamin
Excellent 2nd part of this series. This is becoming an exciting read, some mystery entering into it and I am sure some angst as well. Really enjoyable read and I am sure the next instalments will be as engrossing.
Georgette The "G"
Jessica gets the job AND the man!! OMG!!! I need more!!! Please hurry finishing this series!! If Storm is who I think he is, this is going to get VERY interesting VERY fast!!! Please let me be right!!!

The second part of the serial opens when Jessica figures out who her new boss is.

Amanda
I thought this book was great if you only have a hour to read. I love the way the books make you want to read the next instantly.
  • Naughty Bits Part I: The Lingerie Shop (Naughty Bits, #1)
  • Breathe You In
  • The Real Thing
  • Sheikh's Scandal (The Chatsfield, #1)
  • Crazy, Stupid Sex
  • Perfect 10
  • A February Bride (A Year of Weddings, #3)
  • Billion Dollar Cowboy (Cowboys & Brides, #1)
  • Jaguar Hunt (Heart of the Jaguar, #3)
  • A December Bride (A Year of Weddings, #1)
  • Hard Rock Improv (The Lonely Kings, #3)
  • Menage on 34th Street
  • Reflection (The Chrysalis Series #2)
  • Monica (Songs of Submission, #7.5)
  • A SEAL's Kiss (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #4)
  • Flame (The Sandstone Affair #3)
  • Layers Peeled (Layers Trilogy, #2)
  • Sex and the Single Vamp
206712
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Opal Carew loves cats, Zentangle, and wild nail polish!

More about Opal Carew...