Squarecat Comics: Volume One

Squarecat Comics: Volume One

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  4 reviews
A sqare cat with a cotton tail, a stick-legged bird with an ex pressive sprig of hair, a giant squirrel and a strange monkey-clown. These are a few of the geometric animals that inhabit the world of Squarecat Comics. Since 2003, Jennifer Omand has kept a journal of her life, using these expressive comic creatures as stand-ins for the real life counterparts. This first year...more
Published January 28th 2005 by Jetpack Press (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Squarecat Comics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Squarecat Comics

Phayvanh
Jul 22, 2008 Phayvanh rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: indie comix readers
Recommended to Phayvanh by: Dan's bookshelf
Shelves: 2008, comix, reviews
Dude, Matt farts a lot. Almost as much as a Jim Carrey movie character. But sometimes his gas can be really funny, like when Jen is sucked into the vortex of a Firefly episode and he gives his loudest burp ever. And she didn't hear it, sitting next to him.

I liked this mostly because we got to see the artistic quality evolve quite a bit. And we got to get to know characters in a seemingly unobtrusive way living their lives, making nothing (and everything) of it. I mean, who doesn't have friends...more
Candice M (tinylibrarian)
Oct 08, 2007 Candice M (tinylibrarian) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
I love this book! The drawings are simple but the humor and silliness shine through brilliantly! This book is based on a dare that the author Jennifer, the author's boyfriend Matt, and Matt's friend undertook to create a comic per day for a whole year. Matt and his friend bailed after a few weeks but Jennifer has kept it going to this day! A cute, inspiring comic!
Kelly
I chuckled SO many times while reading this! Was not expecting to like animal characters but the author's personality shines right through (she's the cat). Crazy about Squarecat and am looking forward to volume two. More goodness is on Jennifer's blog--thank goodness because I would definitely go through withdrawal.
Tamara
Yay Squarecat!
Nicole Finitsis
Nicole Finitsis is currently reading it
Feb 08, 2013
Margot
Margot is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2011
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2011