Start by marking “Flight from Stonewycke (Stonewycke, #2)” as Want to Read:
Flight from Stonewycke (Stonewycke, #2)

Flight from Stonewycke (Stonewycke Trilogy #2)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  444 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The young, robust new country across the ocean represents a whole new life for the denizens of Stonewycke in Scotland. What will going to America mean? Will they truly be able to leave the past behind? Will Ian be cleared of the criminal charge against him?
Hardcover, Large Print, 521 pages
Published December 1st 2002 by Thorndike Press (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Flight from Stonewycke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flight from Stonewycke

I thought this book was better than the first one. The characters were engaging and things moved along quickly. This was,however, a very Christian book with the characters spending a lot of time discussing God-which did get to be a little much at times.
Kw
(Oops! Wrong picture of this book!)

Some things about this story bother me. She sailed away from everyone and everything she knew, and waited a year to open her mother's letter?
It doesn't change anything, but it also makes no sense.

Still, this book continues the trilogy smoothly and is a wonderful read. I have peaked into the 3rd book, and am dismayed to think that they may have skipped over thirty or forty years of Maggie's life.
That being said, I will read it and I know I will enjoy it.
Ashley Daviau
Despite being faster paced and a more adventure filled storyline I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first. It was very Christian with the characters often talking about God, it got to be a bit much. Quite a snore.
Carol
I read this before, worth reading again. Kind of a variation of romeo & Juliet...
atg
Heart breaking!!! Yet more questions!
Brittany
The exciting story from " The Heather Hills of Stonewycke" is continued in this book. It tells of heartbreak and of healing, of malice and of mercy, of hatred and of love. This is a really good book. I enjoyed it very much, and am excited to read the third book of the trilogy.
Allison
The second book in the stonewycke trilogy. Also, a great light Christian read. Probably my least favorite of the trilogy, but still great.
Jerry
I'll keep this short and sweet: Anyone who enjoyed The Heather Hills of Stonewycke should definitely read this sequel.
Mary Chambers
This was the second book in a series. It wasn't as good as the first one, but I look forward to the last book.
Kirsten
Oct 07, 2008 Kirsten rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: enjoyed
great story! it was a good emotional story that didn't get ruined by sex & vulgarity.
Michelle
EXCELLENT--well woven, twisting plot, very realistic-not "fairy tailish"
Tammy
Love Michael Phillips novels...one of my favorite by him.
Tammy
There are Indians in this book! Bad ones.
Kk
Kk marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Marion Sokolik
Marion Sokolik is currently reading it
Aug 07, 2015
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Deborah Logan
Deborah Logan marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Ilene Sparling
Ilene Sparling marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Stonewycke Lovers♥: Flight From Stonewycke 4 5 Aug 15, 2012 08:44AM
  • Stoner's Crossing (Lone Star Legacy, #2)
  • Song Of The Silent Harp (Emerald Ballad #1)
  • The Shield of Honor (Wakefield Dynasty #3)
  • The Curate's Awakening
Librarian Note: there is more than one author with this name in the Goodreads database.

Michael Phillips has been writing in the Christian marketplace for 30 years. All told, he has written, co-written, and edited some 110 books. Phillips and his wife live in the U.S., and make their second home in Scotland.
More about Michael R. Phillips...

Stonewycke Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Heather Hills of Stonewycke (Stonewycke, #1)
  • The Lady of Stonewycke (Stonewycke, #3)
Angels Watching Over Me (Shenandoah Sisters, #1) The Crown and the Crucible (The Russians, #1) A House Divided (The Russians, #2) A Day to Pick Your Own Cotton (Shenandoah Sisters, #2) The Color of Your Skin Ain't the Color of Your Heart (Shenandoah Sisters, #3)