Start by marking “The Irish Manor House Murder (Torrey Tunet #2)” as Want to Read:
The Irish Manor House Murder (Torrey Tunet #2)

The Irish Manor House Murder (Torrey Tunet #2)

Wherever Torrey Tunet goes, murder is never far behind...

All she wants is enough peace and quiet to complete her multi-lingual series of children's books. Where better to find it than in an old cottage on the rural estate of her dear friends, the Ashendens of Ballynagh, Ireland? But as she settles in, translator Torrey Tunet finds trouble in paradise. First she witnesses h
Published August 15th 2001 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published August 12th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Irish Manor House Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Irish Manor House Murder

C.
Dec 16, 2013 C. rated it liked it
I was surprised that the introduction to Dicey Deere’s series pertained to sexual fetishism, unbefitting categorization as ‘a cozy’. Picturesque titles, quaint covers cause them to be labelled thusly but I’m not complaining about adult books bringing out in the open, serious subjects. What caused difficulty were grating whistling habits of the author, which regrettably she continues in this book and her technique of having every Tom, Dick, and Harry narrate a chapter disconnected me from the pro ...more
The Hobbit
Mar 14, 2017 The Hobbit rated it it was ok
Second title in the Torrey Tunet mystery series, set in Ireland. I did not read the first book, and so had no idea of who Torry Tunet was. Consequently, she remained a two-dimensional character, always in the background. Other characters were more fleshed out, although not necessarily likable. Plot threads were introduced throughout the book, some rather late in the telling. However, the book remained suspenseful and the ending was satisfying.

Rowena Keegan tries to rundown her grandfather, Dr As
Dave
Jan 28, 2010 Dave rated it liked it
I liked character "McIntyre" who has worldly knowledge and small village charm. I liked the way that the story is told with short jumpy thoughts that scatter from one angle of thought/observation to the other. Towards the end of this book I started to see spelling errors which was annoying including the Heroines' own name! I will move onto the next book though because I do enjoy a moden small Irish village murder mystery. Interestingly, I looked at who else has this book on their list on goodrea ...more
Leni
Aug 31, 2013 Leni rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-enjoyed
I enjoy the way that Deere manages to go from person to person without losing me. Also there is no attempt to speak in a local dialect so I can read this easily. I do suggest that you read this book in order because there are a number of mentions of people from the previous book and it makes more sense that way. Read it in one gulp and was pleased by how twisty the ending was and how most ends were tied up. There is a clear impression that there is a book to follow and as I like the heroine (alm ...more
Katherine
Feb 09, 2013 Katherine rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: yes
Shelves: reading-now
I loved this book. I actually hated putting it down. Now I'm on the third book of the series and loving it. I love books based in Ireland and Denmark. Especially mysteries because in America we dont have as many mysteries as Ireland and England and Egypt.
Emma
May 23, 2016 Emma rated it liked it
The book got very dark and twisted but thankfully not super graphic. There was a big build up as to what the main character stole and that was a bit of a let down. Easy summer read or one for a plane ride.
Karen
May 13, 2016 Karen rated it liked it
'Convoluted' best describes this novel for me. There is a lot going on -- too much -- and yet, not everything is addressed at the end, so it wasn't especially satisfying.

I was wavering between two and three stars, so I rounded up.
Bonnie McHenry
Another great Torrey Tunet mystery. Had me guessing up until the end. And I love all of the characters. I will continue to read this series. It is easy to read and if you have to stop in the middle it is easy to pick up and start again. Can't wait to read the next.
Martina Kopel
Aug 13, 2014 Martina Kopel rated it it was amazing
Good.
ShareStories
Jan 24, 2009 ShareStories rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
This book is interesting and intricate with a poetic writing style.
Ginny
Apr 22, 2014 Ginny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great one...love the twists at the end of her books...can't wait to find another one. Unfortunately there are not too many of her Irish stories.
Amelia
Apr 14, 2013 Amelia rated it liked it
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Cat Kwiatkowski
Feb 04, 2013 Cat Kwiatkowski rated it liked it
Read it the whole way through just to get to the ending.
Kathy
Feb 18, 2009 Kathy rated it liked it
Fluff.
LDuchess
Apr 27, 2012 LDuchess rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very quick read, entertaining. Needed a book in Richmond, down with a cold.
Katie
Dec 13, 2016 Regan rated it it was ok
Not a favorite series.
Minerva King
Jan 17, 2015 Minerva King rated it liked it
This was a complicated murder mystery where you didn't know what really happened until the very end. I did not like the characters very much either. I won't be reading the others in the series.
Marg
Marg rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2010
Debbie
Debbie rated it liked it
May 25, 2013
Barbra
Barbra rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2013
Andi O'Connor
Andi O'Connor rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2012
Joy
Joy rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2012
Rusty
Rusty rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2013
Harper
Harper rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2008
Marlene Zapp
Marlene Zapp rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2012
Sarah Connatser
Sarah Connatser rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Puzzle Lady vs. The Sudoku Lady (Puzzle Lady #11)
  • The Secret at Jefferson's Mansion (Capital Mysteries, #11)
  • The Alpine Uproar (Emma Lord, #21)
  • The Midnight Choir
  • Cam Jansen and the School Play Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #21)
  • Silent Night (Raine Stockton Dog Mysteries, #5)
  • The Legend of Diamond Lil (J.J. Tully Mystery #2)
  • The Bordeaux Betrayal (Wine Country Mysteries #3)
  • The Ballroom on Magnolia Street
  • Deader Homes and Gardens (Claire Malloy, #18)
  • Bonefire of the Vanities (Sarah Booth Delaney #12)
  • Tempest in the Tea Leaves (A Fortune Teller Mystery, #1)
  • Cutter
  • Murder Can Crash Your Party (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #15)
  • Dog Den Mystery (Jack Russell Dog Detective, #1)
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Naked Ladies (The Darling Dahlias #2)
Dicey Deere lives in an eighteenth-century whaler's cottage in Sag Harbor, New York.
More about Dicey Deere...

Torrey Tunet (4 books)
  • The Irish Cottage Murder (Torrey Tunet #1)
  • The Irish Cairn Murder (Torrey Tunet #3)
  • The Irish Village Murder (Torrey Tunet, #4)