Start by marking “Staying Strong: 365 Days A Year” as Want to Read:
Staying Strong: 365 Days A Year

Staying Strong: 365 Days A Year

4.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,502 Ratings  ·  411 Reviews
Demi Lovato wakes up each morning and affirms her commitment to herself—to her health, her happiness, her being. Those commitments are the bedrock of her recovery and her work helping other young people dealing with the issues she lives with every single day.

Demi is a platinum-selling recording artist whose latest album—DEMI—is already a smash hit. She's about to embark on
Published November 19th 2013 by Feiwel & Friends (first published May 8th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Staying Strong, please sign up.

Neni Ch I don't like the answer below, so I thought I would add my own. People who write books like this get fame and money (yes) but that's not necessarily…moreI don't like the answer below, so I thought I would add my own. People who write books like this get fame and money (yes) but that's not necessarily why they do it. Demi is an artist who's been through a lot (and I do mean a LOT) and this book just might help people who are going through the same thing. (less)
Thiago Araujo Of course it will! Even that you haven't been through really hard moments that let you down in life, it is always good to read something that contains…moreOf course it will! Even that you haven't been through really hard moments that let you down in life, it is always good to read something that contains good words of inspiration, help and overcoming. (less)

Elle
Dec 11, 2013 Elle rated it did not like it
Shelves: e-books
There are not a lot of reviews for this book yet and most of them are from fans, so I'm probably going to be the odd one out, but I did not like this book. I know absolutely nothing about Demi Lovato, I've only seen her in one episode of Glee. The only reason I chose to read this was that it was featured one of my favorite book-buying sites and I could use something inspirational. Well, this didn't inspire me at all. I'm not saying that there aren't any good messages in this book, but it's 365 p ...more
Evey
1 HAIL-TO-THE-NO stars

This wasn't inspiring. This wasn't helpful. This wasn't meaningful. This was, at last, infuriating.

I have nothing against Demi Lovato. In fact, from time to time I listen to her music. I know about her story, and it's good to know she's getting over it. But some things in this book pissed me off way too much.

For starters, Coelho, Miley Cyrus, Eminem and Lil Wayne as source from inspirational quotes for this type of book... Is this even serious? Mixed with Jane Austen, among
Nejme Kewan
Jan 20, 2016 Nejme Kewan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What I loved about this book, That you start the day with a quote and something to look for in future as a huge Demi fan I really loved this book, It helped me a lot in anything and everything I do.
Christina Ferreira
Demi has been my inspiration for a very long time, I love her to bits and when she came out with this book, I knew it'd be my happiness. Now some people are disappointed as it's quotes and not like her biography but it's amazing, so inspirational and knowing those quotes saved her life, and her sharing it with us just makes us feel closer with her. She has opened up so much to us and she's been such an inspiration, every morning I read the quote of the day and the goal Demi sets us, and it just ...more
☁
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Leído para el 2015 Reading Challenge: #5. Un libro con un número en el título.

Eh visto que mucha gente no le interesa mucho sobre libros de autoayuda, lo leí porque ya tenía ganas de leerlo y yo no soy mucho de leer autoayuda pero hay veces que me gustan leerlos.

Demetria Lovato, cuenta acerca sobre su vida y que cuando era niña la acosaban, tal vez ustedes nunca lo han sufrido, se lo que se siente y sientes que toda la mierda se viene hacía tí, piensas que allí acaba tu vida, pero después de año
Tameka
Dec 24, 2014 Tameka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Demi said, "There are always going to be highs and lows, heartbreaks and victories, and everything in between. So sometimes the smallest words can make all the difference; they can comfort and they can inspire." I'm proud of Demi for confronting the obstacles that have been placed in her path. It truly speaks to her character that she shared some of the words that helped her through some of her darkest hours. It truly is a motivation and inspiration. I gladly bought this book the day it came out ...more
Kimmie
Dec 18, 2013 Kimmie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Really cliche, (I know I should not have had high standards for a popstar that wrote a self help type book). I really like demi lovato and respect what she has been through so I expected it to be better than it was. Though I love Miley and Eminem, quoting them in a self help book...ummmm not so much. Did not work for me. Or resonate with me...at all.
Lucinda
Apr 08, 2015 Lucinda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspirational
Live life to the full, one day at a time.
Every day read a page of Demi’s book and you will gain clarity, strength and internal enrichment.

”Be grateful for your journey because It is yours alone”

Demi Lovato has had her fair share of trials, ups and downs within her life; from fighting addiction, eating disorders, depression and many other heart breaking losses. Amongst her dazzling achievements alongside an impressive singing career, she has chronicled her journey in song lyrics and media. Turni
Andi
Jan 21, 2014 Andi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well, I don't want to hurt anybody's feeling but I expected way more than what I really got from this book.
I think this is a good example how a famous people can make money from almost nothing. I like Demi, there are some similarities in our lives, both suffered from different things so I expected more deeper thoughts. But actually this is just a book with some nice quotes in it. Demi repeats one idea, one thought several times. I think there's no originality in this book. Anyone could write so
2 ∞ & ➳
Jan 02, 2015 2 ∞ & ➳ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been there for Demi for as long as I can remember...she's been a very big impact on my life. She is such a huge inspiration to me, and it's not hard for me to say that I honestly just love, love, love her. When i bought this book today, I was just like, "OH! A page a day of Demi!" I smiled, and I bought the book. Now, i just can't wait until the day turns January 1 so i can start, because hey- i feel like starting in advance is cheating. Anywho, love this and I can't wait.

Brianna
Jan 12, 2014 Brianna is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Where can you find this book? I really want to read it!!
Daleen
Mar 03, 2014 Daleen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Demi Lovato is a really big inspiration of mine. Her rise to stardom, her fade, and her rise again was always something that I think makes Lovato a hero. I've always looked up to her and strive to be more like her so when she released a book about her struggles, I was insanely excited. But a book full of quotes was not what I was looking for.

I was hoping for something more on her actual struggle and journey with her addictions, more in an autobiographical sense, but this book is literally made u
Kaila
Dec 11, 2013 Kaila rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This book is meant to be read one page a day, I of course being a "Lovatic" went ahead and read the entire book and it was great! Demi starts the book with an aspiration followed by a personal experience and why she loves the quote and how it helped her. Then she leaves a "Goal." Something for the reader to accomplish that day. She has overcome a lot and it was nice to read about what she's gone through and what it took for her to get to where she is today. This may be a bias review but I do hig ...more
Claire Vizzi
Nov 27, 2013 Claire Vizzi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While I am only in the middle of the book; I think it's amazing. There are quotes from a range of people, and demi gives her own interpretation of each, as well as, a goal for each day. Going through my own traumas I think these positive affirmations serve as a daily reminder of staying strong even when you feel the worst. It's definitely worth the buy, and gives people in recovery strength when they need it.
Amaya Evans
Oct 08, 2013 Amaya Evans marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love Demi Lovato. I can't wait to read this book !!! I'm sure it will be so very inspiring.

Alexsandragarcía
Pure light!
Viola Sada
Dec 22, 2014 Viola Sada rated it it was amazing
So far,I love this book.It just gives me a reason to wake up every morning and it helps me get through the day.Demi is amazing as usual,she is really trying to help people with their struggles,and I just think that's amazing.I'm really enjoying every single page,and I'm so looking forward for the rest of the book.
 ♥†♬პოἶlყ♬†♥ѕυανιтєя ιи мσ∂σ, fσятιтєя ιи яє
Kind of went against what I was going to do. I wanted to read a quote every day but I got bored a few nights ago and just read the whole book. It was really good! Demi gave me some good advice! Thank you Demi! <3
Kierra
I liked it!
It has a lot of good sayings and some stories form Demi's life. It's super inspirational, but there is one bad thing about it. You can't read it page after page. You just can't, otherwise the whole point of the book is gone. It has 365 pages of thoughts and you can't jump from one thought to another, because you need to think through it first. So the easiest solution is to read one page each day, keeping it in your mind through this day, but obviously after few weeks (or sooner) you'd
Komal
Dec 26, 2014 Komal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is absolutely amazing. Demi Lovato has always been my inspiration and always will be. This book is filled with amazing quotes and she tells you what the quote implies and she gives you a goal to accomplish each day. And I think that's just beautiful.

One of my personal favourites are:
When you do your best and live out your dreams, you inspire others to do the same.
A dream is a wish your heart makes.
Peace and love are eternal.
The best medicine for embarrassment is the confidence to laug
Athena Rosewood
Aug 16, 2014 Athena Rosewood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know you're supposed to read 1 page a day but who in their right mind has the patience for that? I read this over a few months & never in the right order, because it's not that type of book. I think this is so inspirational & every time I read a page it made me smile because I felt like I could relate to the quotes and passages in my own life. No it is not a literary piece of work that deserves an award, but it made me feel better on some bad days & I'd totally recommend it if you ...more
Grettel Grace
Estuvo bien pero como dice mi profesora de personalidad, "un libro de autoayuda "ayuda" si tu quieres que te ayude". Para una persona que solo lo toma por curiosidad, no creo que funcione. Tiene buenas frases y reflexiones, y te hace pensar un poco sobre muchas cosas pero no es la clase de libro que YO vaya a disfrutar o que me vaya a ayudar. Como dije, todo depende de quien tenga esta persona y cual sea su necesidad y que tan dispuesta este de tomar estos consejos y ponerlos en practica.
ireadnovels.wordpress.com
Demi has written Staying Strong for her fans. The idea of 365 days a year is that you only read a page a day. Each page has the month of the year, a quote from either Demi herself or one of her favourite quotes. Then You read a little paragraph of what Demi wants to say. Then comes the Goal in life for you. As soon as i knew Staying Strong was being published I ordered it from Amazon straight away. My daughter is keeping to quote and reading a page a day. Review by ireadnovels.wordpress.com
Jessica
Dec 21, 2014 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was honestly so much better than I ever expected. I'm already planning to restart it in January and read one entry a day and write in my journal based on the entry. I hope (and am sure that) people all around are doing the same thing. Good for her to come through her issues and be open about being HUMAN. She has and can help so many people through this book and open honesty uncommon to celebrities, and I have so much respect for her.
Danielle
Jan 01, 2014 Danielle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has some amazing quotes from the amazing young woman that is Demi Lovato and plenty of others that she finds inspirational. I love how the book starts with a quote, then Demi goes on to explain how to quote has affected her, how it fits into her life etc, then ends with a daily goal. Some of these goals are long term and some short term designed to make people see the world in a different life.
Mikenzie Jackson
Demi Lavato went through alot of struggles and she was faced with many obstecles. She went to rehab numerous of times. When she was getting through her struggles she wrote this book with inspiring qoutes and goals.
Demi Lavato is so inspiring to young teens going through hard times. This book is beautifully wriiten and i apsolutly love it.
Bianca Carmo
Dec 31, 2014 Bianca Carmo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book helped me cope with so many things this year, giving me the positive perpective I couldn't find sometimes. I definitely recommend it to all my friends and to anyone fighting their daily battles really. We can all use some inspiring reflections and that's what this book gave me.
Pooja Naidu
Demi, you're always an inspiration for all of us out there. It takes a strong person to be vulnerable and you give us hope that we can make it too, someday. Not a book for good fortune but it makes me feel like we're not completely alone in this and it's ok to not be ok sometimes.
Kimberly Russell
Dec 01, 2013 Kimberly Russell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, diverse
Your probably not supposed to read this in one sitting but oh well. It's daily affirmations on any subject you can think of and I really appreciate all the thought that went into. You can pick up the book on any day and be inspired. This would make a great gift.
All About YA : Staying Strong 6 26 Jan 10, 2015 05:25AM
psikolojik bir roman 1 5 Nov 02, 2014 09:26AM
The Perks of Bein...: January 4 1 3 Feb 18, 2014 06:48PM
The Perks of Bein...: January 3 1 1 Feb 18, 2014 06:39PM
The Perks of Bein...: January 2 1 2 Feb 18, 2014 06:34PM
The Perks of Bein...: January 1 1 4 Feb 18, 2014 06:23PM
  • She Thief
  • Goodbye Ed, Hello Me: Recover from Your Eating Disorder and Fall in Love with Life
  • My Madder Fatter Diary (Rae Earl, #2)
  • An Apple a Day: A Memoir of Love and Recovery from Anorexia
  • Choosing Glee: 10 Rules to Finding Inspiration, Happiness, and the Real You
  • Ed Sheeran: A Visual Journey
  • WWE 50
  • Overcoming Speechlessness: A Poet Encounters the Horror in Rwanda, Eastern Congo, and Palestine/Israel
  • And It Was Good: Reflections on Beginnings (Genesis, #1)
  • The Lucy Family Alphabet
  • Horses Don't Lie: What Horses Teach Us About Our Natural Capacity for Awareness, Confidence, Courage, and Trust
  • Dying to Be Thin: Understanding and Defeating Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia--A Practical, Lifesaving Guide
  • Spray
  • Brunette Ambition
  • F. Scott Fitzgerald: Classic Works : Two Novels and Nineteen Short Stories
  • Butterfly Woman
  • Good Chinese Wife: A Love Affair with China Gone Wrong
  • Nine Years Among the Indians, 1870-1879: The Story of the Captivity and Life of a Texan Among the Indians
Demetria Devonne "Demi" Lovato (born August 20, 1992) is an American actress and singer-songwriter. She is best known for her role as Mitchie Torres in the Disney Channel Original Movie Camp Rock and Sonny Monroe in Sonny With A Chance. Besides acting, she is also a solo music artist and released her debut album Don't Forget on September 23, 2008. The album debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200 selli ...more
More about Demi Lovato...

“Love is Louder than the Pressure to be Perfect” 129 likes
“The best advice I can give to anyone going through a rough patch is to never be afraid to ask for help.” 120 likes