Start by marking “Catch My Fall (Catch, #1)” as Want to Read:
Catch My Fall (Catch, #1)

Catch My Fall (Catch #1)

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,125 Ratings  ·  218 Reviews
Mia Reeves faith, trust and sense of security were all taken away in the blink of an eye. In need of a fresh start, she settles into a new town and begins to make a new life.

Tristan Chamberlain has always kept girls at arm's length and he has no intention of changing. He’s caring, smart, handsome, but he’s also dealing with a lifetime of guilt that’s slowly but surely des
Published October 10th 2013 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Catch My Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catch My Fall

Wallbanger by Alice ClaytonThe Mighty Storm by Samantha TowleOn Dublin Street by Samantha YoungAccidentally on Purpose by L.D. DavisTemptation by K.M. Golland
Edinburgh Author List
130th out of 183 books — 27 voters
Tangled by Emma ChaseWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuireBeautiful Bastard by Christina LaurenSurviving Raine by Shay SavageThis Girl by Colleen Hoover
Adult Male Only POV
136th out of 154 books — 419 voters

More lists with this book...

Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
3.5-4 Hot and Cold stars!!

Tristan

description

Mia

description

I really, really enjoyed this story. I also really, really disliked it. This was one of the times I did not write a review immediately after I finished the book. I needed to think about what I read and process not just how it made me feel, but all other aspects like plot, writing style, and characters that set my final rating between 3.5-4 stars.

What I liked :

-Writing style: fluent, poignant, and passionate. One of the reasons why I could.not.stop.read
 Anna (Wicked Book Blog)
Oct 15, 2013 Anna (Wicked Book Blog) rated it really liked it
Get it on:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**ARC received in exchange for an honest review**

Blog Tour Oct 15- Oct 23

Catch My Fall is a story of redefining yourself, making life choices and the unquenchable need of love, trust and frienship.
The story not only breaks your heart a little but makes you wonder about the consequences our choices bring, even the smallest ones.

M
Tessa Teevan
Apr 14, 2014 Tessa Teevan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: definite-reread
This was my first read by Ella Fox and it definitely will not be my last. From the very beginning I was pulled in and I knew I was reading something special. I was an emotional trainwreck while reading this, alternating between laughing, crying, swooning, and bawling my eyes out to hard that I couldn't see my Kindle anymore. The main characters were two of my favorites, and the side characters were fantastic additionts to the story and I can't wait for more books in the series!

The prologue alon
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, shed a few tears in the process but it was a beautiful story. Two broken people that ended up saving each other. I can't wait to dive into book 2. (full review to come)
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
Oct 23, 2013 Ang (Sizzling Pages) rated it really liked it
3.5 - 4 stars.
Arc provided by author in exchange for an honest review

I really enjoyed Mia (MiMi) and Tristan's (Stan) story.

Mia escapes a traumatic experience, a neglectful bastard of a father, and a terrible stepbrother, and begins her new life in a new town, attending college. It is where she meets a very handsome, sexy Tristan, who holds secrets in his past as well. Their love story is sweet, despite all the sadness that has tainted both of their lives. I felt heartbroken and tearful, they
Jacqueline's Reads
Sep 16, 2013 Jacqueline's Reads marked it as considering
Cover Reveal! I'm all about this cover and blurb. I can't wait to read this one!

Mia Reeve’s faith, trust and sense of security were all taken away in the blink of an eye. In need of a fresh start, she settles into a new town and begins to make a new life.

Tristan Chamberlain has always kept girls at arms length and he has no intention of changing. He’s caring, smart, handsome, but he’s also dealing with a lifetime of guilt that’s slowly but surely destroying him.

Sometimes the thing that you run
Marulett
This book is AMAZING, AWESOME, SPECTACULAR, STELLAR, OVER THE TOP AWESOME! It is this kind of books that you regret that we only have 1 to 5 stars rating, if I could I would give it a thousand stars!! (yes its that awesome)

So, this is story of Mia. She has a troubled past with walls Everest high around her until Tristan comes along...

They meet in class and the rest is history. Its a pretty intense book due to the MCs back stories, but every turn and emotional roller coaster is the worth it. I th
Talltree
Mar 30, 2016 Talltree marked it as no-dnf-zzz-avoid
~Dawn~TUG
Sep 29, 2013 ~Dawn~TUG rated it really liked it
**ARC kindly received from author in exchange for an honest review by the girls and I at www.sizzlingpages.com **

Loved it..full review to follow!

4-4.5 Bad Boy Turned Good Stars

This disclaimer/warning is different than most and goes out to my girls..this is not a bam bam book..It is a YA/NA survivor story on both parts of the lead characters.
 photo sorta_zpsf8d5b139.jpg

Tristan Chamberlain is a Malore..what you ask is that? It is the morphing of male and whore..two things that sum up the kind of relationship guy that Trist
Shay
Nov 10, 2013 Shay rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: never-read-again, na, own
Any book that gets skimmed more than 30% gets a 1-star. Oh, and books that I want to DNF at 37%, 50%, and 78% deserves 1 star. (But I HATE not finishing a book so I plowed through. How, you ask? I skimmed the shit out of it.)

1. Juvenile writing.
2. Forced angst.
3. Unrealistic plot development.
4. The sub-plot was more interesting and angsty than the primary plot.
5. RIDICULOUS dialogue and character interaction: (view spoiler)
Midian Sosa
Oct 01, 2013 Midian Sosa rated it it was amazing
I got lucky enough to Beta Read this awesome book.

As I said before, this is the best YA book I’ve read in a long time.

This is Ella’s first YA book and as usual, she nailed it, I loved it! She has the ability to create strong characters and stories that pull you in, you can't help but relate to them, to feel for them, and that is one skill every author should possess.

Blurb:

TeriLyn
Oct 29, 2013 TeriLyn rated it liked it
Catch My Fall is the story of Mia and Tristan. A new adult story about two broken souls walking scared through life because of their brutal pasts. When they meet there's an uncanny connection neither can ignore. It's a sweet story and I enjoyed the friendship of Tristan and Mia's relationship. They worked hard to preserve the friendship they both cherished while navigating stronger feelings. The secondary characters, Darby especially, provided extra layers to the story as well. I gave the book t ...more
Christine
Oct 17, 2013 Christine rated it really liked it
There are certain NA books that I seek out. The heroine has to be likeable with a past and the hero has to a bad boy with a tortured past. Okay, I cannot get enough of these books. Books like Catch My Fall.

Mia Reeves chose a college 5 hours away from home so she could escape her town where she experienced something horrific. It was horrific. Certain parts were hard for me to read. Tristan Chamberlain also has a past, one that he keeps to himself and lets sit deep inside him. Tristan is a Malore
Trish Mint
Oct 21, 2013 Trish Mint rated it it was amazing
Ella Fox is one of my favorite authors, so from the start, her prologue just blew me the hell away!! And that’s how she starts it off. All freaking angsty…

So here we go, on another whirlwind that Ella takes us on with Catch My Fall. We start off with Mia Reeves. She is a college freshman, enrolling in a school nowhere near her hometown; on purpose of course. She needs a fresh start and does NOT want to be around anybody she knows. I wonder why? Insert totally fucking cool roommate Darby. I love
K. Webster
Oct 02, 2013 K. Webster rated it it was amazing
I freaking loved this book! Ella Fox had me at hello with The Hart series. I couldn't get enough of those characters! Now, she's made me fall in love with all of these new characters and I can't wait for the books to follow. This story was about healing and love after traumatizing pasts. It was written beautifully and unravelled with perfect timing. I literally devoured this book....in fact, I'm functioning horribly today from lack of sleep! Who needs sleep when you can immerse yourself into one ...more
Anne OK
May 03, 2015 Anne OK rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
First time read by this author. This is a book I've had on my "TBR" list since it was released in late 2013. I don't know how I let it slip through my fingers for so long -- but noting that the second installment hasn't yet been released, it may have been a good slip on my part.

YaYa AfterDarkBookLovers
Jan 11, 2014 YaYa AfterDarkBookLovers rated it it was amazing
You know I've been talking to Ella on Twitter for months now. We have the best naughty conversations #TwitterAfterDark. I promised myself that I needed to read all the books I kept pushing back in 2014. So I chose 10 books I wanted to knock out my Kindle. This one was one of them. I would also like to say that not once did Ella push me into reading it. Why Ella? Why? I now give you permission to say: "B, read my shit!!"

I would like to start off by saying: FINALLY. A broken soul, Mia Reeves, who
Bianca
Oct 01, 2013 Bianca rated it it was amazing
5 SUGAR COATED STARS
ARC kindly provided by author...
Release Date October 13th

Bring on Trace and Darby's story! <3
~Steph~Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

This was definitely a heart wrenching story at times - Mia's and Macy's story is one that will break your heart, as will Tristan's and Trace's - but along with Darby and their families you will be inspired by the strength all of them have as they face their past and look forward to a better future. It's not all drama though, there are plenty of moments to make you smile with "Stan and
starsaga
2.5 stars, this was sweet but more of a set up for further books.
I liked this story, it was alright. But nothing memorable. I still like this author's voice and look forward to more from her, but I think this book should have been developed more fully into the present rather than a narrative of the terrible pasts that Tristan and Mia had endured and survived. Also, it seemed to be more of a setup for further stories about the people mentioned in this one.
Dena
May 06, 2015 Dena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of those books I knew I would love so I wasn't in a rush to read it since I was saving it for a time when I needed something amazing. Yep, I'm glad I waited! This was AMAZE-BALLS!

Mia wants to start a whole new life in a new place, what better way than going away to College in a new town? She wants to escape her past and try her best to live a normal life. Mia has a new roommate named Darby. Darby is fun, wild and adventurous. Nobody screws with Darby and Mia is thankful to have a fr
Melissa
Oct 15, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
one of the best books I've read in a long time!! Can't wait for the conclusion!!!
Stefan Eveline
Oct 12, 2013 Stefan Eveline rated it really liked it
review coming soon
RedRedtheycallmeRed
Jul 08, 2014 RedRedtheycallmeRed rated it it was ok
While I applaud the author for bringing more awareness to sexual assault, I just had sooooo many problems with this book. Here are the main ones:

1) The nicknames Stan (made me think of Dorothy's ex-husband on Golden Girls) and Mimi (made me think of the crazy makeup lady from The Drew Carey Show) were awful.

2) The slut-shaming. I guess it's ok for guys to be manwhores (because they have a heart of gold, of course), but not girls. They're just horrible tramps with no redeeming qualities. Not cool
Emily-Jane's Book Corner
Oct 20, 2013 Emily-Jane's Book Corner rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.5 stars!
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.**

I have absolutely adored every book that I have ever read by Ella Fox and this book completely blew the others out of the water. I am definitely emotionally attached to this series now!

Mia has had to deal with some pretty terrible circumstances before the beginning of the book. I definitely turned into a mama bear and wanted to hug her and make sure that she was alright at every turn. She is moving on with her life in a ne
Felecia Hickman- amaya
Oct 15, 2013 Felecia Hickman- amaya rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
ARC Was Given To Blog For An Honest Review

This book has just reminded me how much I love Ella Fox.

During this book I had a range of emotions. It started with shock then went to complete anger before it came full circle, and I fell in love with this book.

You are shown the ugly side of life. A side that is hard to stomach. How can someone who’s supposed to be your knight in shining armor be your worst nightmare?

Mia has always had a troubled life. She’s experienced things in her life that many do n
Vikki
Oct 13, 2013 Vikki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh HOT DAYUUUUUUUM Miss-ELLA-FOX can WRITE up a storm!!
WOOOOOOW, and WOOP WOOP for another well written beautiful soul crushing story.
Oh my gooodiees, this was such an amazing book, and well worth the wait, after having my withdrawal issues from missing my harts, this Catch series has put me at ease, and this book, is so heartbrekingly beautiful, that I read it three more times, because of how beautiful these characters are.

Mimi and Stan: They've been through sooooo much, yet they don't let thei
bosoxgurl
Dec 13, 2015 bosoxgurl rated it really liked it
DISCLAIMER TO MY FELLOW GOODREADER
This review is my personal opinion and may contain: spoilers, quotes, rants, cussing (sometimes I cannot help myself) and a possible full on recap. I in no way want to ruin anyone’s book reading experience so please read my words with caution.

Holy crap I love Ella Fox!

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

I feel like a detective sleuthing for every tiny clue about what in the hell happened to this girl, Mia Rose. I'm a
Christina Gobin

Source: via tour host
Review Date: October 10th 2013
Overall Rating: 5 STARS

Review:
Ella Fox does it again by making characters that you absolutely fall in love with. Mia Reeves is starting her freshman year of college far away from, just the way she wanted. Mia has had anything but a cake walk in life. She has a very loving moth
Bargain Basement: Amazon Gift Cards 1 4 May 25, 2015 06:15AM
  • Rotten
  • Always Me (Shattered, #2)
  • The One Left Behind (The One, #1)
  • Courageous
  • Let Love Heal (Love, #3)
  • Undertow
  • Take My Hand (Take My Hand, #1)
  • Fraternizing (Fraternizing, #1)
  • Broken Fences (TroubleMaker, #1)
  • Naughty in Norway
  • Ignite (Explosive, #1)
  • Silent No More (Silent, #1)
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Living Again (Living Again, #1)
  • Without You (Stripped, #1.5)
  • Forever Altered
  • Forever With You (Silver State)
  • Destined to Fall

When she’s not writing, Ella indulges the gypsy in her blood and travels the country. Ella loves reading, movies, music, buying make-up, reading Tmz, Twitter and pedicures… not necessarily in that order. She has a wild sense of humor and loves to laugh. Her favorite thing in the world is hanging out with her family and watching comedy movies.

More about Ella Fox...

Catch (2 books)
  • Catch and Release (Catch, #2)

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu” 1 likes
“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. Ernest Hemingway” 0 likes