Start by marking “The Master of Stonegrave Hall” as Want to Read:
The Master of Stonegrave Hall

The Master of Stonegrave Hall

2.91 of 5 stars 2.91  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Few defy Lord Rockford and come away unscathed

Victoria Lewis has grown up in the long, dark shadows cast by Stonegrave Hall. Yet when the master takes her sick mother into his care, she must finally confront the man whose presence is as brooding as his windswept Yorkshire lands.

Men quake at Lord Rockford's mere command, yet this slip of a girl defies him at every turn! H...more
Paperback
Published October 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Master of Stonegrave Hall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Master of Stonegrave Hall

Katrina Passick Lumsden
What the hell was that? I don't think I've ever had the misfortune of getting to know such whiny, spoiled, prideful characters in my entire reading career. The entire story hinges on the dreaded Big Misunderstandings... And we don't even get a decent sex scene to make up for what the characters lack! Disappointing, to say the least.
Gail
Nice story, good conflict, but an awful lot of description and stuff I found excruciatingly boring, so I skimmed quite a bit of it. I liked the story. The writing, not so much--but really, it's all about the story, isn't it?
Mark Nixon
Bit of a slow start, and prose read almost like a condensed novel - very rushed. Picked up in the last 50 pages or so. OK read
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Con Victoria era stato come se brandelli della propria vita e della propria anima, bruscamente frammentate, si fossero ricomposti d'un tratto, ritrovando il loro posto in quei recessi di sé che lui aveva sempre considerato gelidi deserti."

Adoro le storie d'amore tra tutore e pupilla, sopratutto se ben scritte, con un lord tenebroso e affascinante e una lady con un carattere risoluto ma non troppo bacchettona! XD
Carrie
This book was very interesting, if rather predictable. The Big Misunderstanding played out precisely how I anticipated and the backstory of Victoria's mother was easily guessed early on. However, the backstory played out in a way I hadn't seen before so I enjoyed that different spin on it. I really loved Victoria's character, Clara made a great villain, Rockford was a bit severe at times however. I also disliked the way he purposely deflowered Victoria (who was admittedly willing to be deflowere...more
Harlequin Books
"I enjoyed this book very much; I found myself making time to read it. The style flowed easily and had enough detail to put me in the period without overwhelming me with too much unnecessary description." From a review by an Harlequin.com member, to read the full review, go HERE>http://www.harlequin.com/storeitem.ht...
Mecque
I was never bored, but the characters were frusterating.
Kylie
Kylie added it
Oct 13, 2014
Shawna Brown
Shawna Brown marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Stephanie Compagnoni
Stephanie Compagnoni marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Roro La spugna
Roro La spugna marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
**Miss_Tegan**
**Miss_Tegan** marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Sarah added it
May 03, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Susan
Susan added it
Mar 31, 2014
Xhulia
Xhulia added it
Mar 25, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl added it
Feb 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The Devil Claims a Wife The Housemaid's Scandalous Secret (Castonbury Park #2) Miss Cameron's Fall from Grace Rogue's Widow, Gentleman's Wife The Earl and the Pickpocket