Start by marking “The Master of Stonegrave Hall” as Want to Read:
The Master of Stonegrave Hall

The Master of Stonegrave Hall

2.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  42 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Few defy Lord Rockford and come away unscathed

Victoria Lewis has grown up in the long, dark shadows cast by Stonegrave Hall. Yet when the master takes her sick mother into his care, she must finally confront the man whose presence is as brooding as his windswept Yorkshire lands.

Men quake at Lord Rockford's mere command, yet this slip of a girl defies him at every turn! H
Paperback
Published October 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Master of Stonegrave Hall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Master of Stonegrave Hall

Katrina Passick Lumsden
What the hell was that? I don't think I've ever had the misfortune of getting to know such whiny, spoiled, prideful characters in my entire reading career. The entire story hinges on the dreaded Big Misunderstandings... And we don't even get a decent sex scene to make up for what the characters lack! Disappointing, to say the least.
Lynn Spencer
I just couldn't make myself read all of this. I originally bought the book because it looked brooding and gothic. However, the tone definitely doesn't match the cover, and the writing was just not all that strong. The great big secret in the book was one that I'm pretty sure I figured out within a chapter or two and what repartee existed between hero and heroine came off more like bickering and petty sniping. Life's too short for this.
Ermione
Dec 16, 2015 Ermione rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Abbandonato! Insopportabile!
Non credo di avere gusti tanto raffinati, ma quando in uno storico leggo di atteggiamenti e comportamenti palesemente anacronistici e inaccettabili da un punto di vista storico-sociale, mi salta la mosca al naso. Quando poi i due protagonisti (e soprattutto la protagonista, che è poco più di una educanda appena diciottenne) vanno in fregola sin dal primo incontro e fantasticano di "fare cose" insieme, divento una belva... Per non parlare degli insopportabili e insoste
 ♥ Suger Honey ♥
I enjoyed this book 3.5 stars I would read this authors books again as the story was full and you could see the dialogue as she turns from her eighteen to twenty and matures but he's still an ass at times lol x
Gail
Nice story, good conflict, but an awful lot of description and stuff I found excruciatingly boring, so I skimmed quite a bit of it. I liked the story. The writing, not so much--but really, it's all about the story, isn't it?
garnetyuna
May 24, 2016 garnetyuna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f, historical
I never liked one book of this author, why do I torture myself reading another one?! Why, I ask myself. =__=
Carrie
Nov 25, 2013 Carrie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very interesting, if rather predictable. The Big Misunderstanding played out precisely how I anticipated and the backstory of Victoria's mother was easily guessed early on. However, the backstory played out in a way I hadn't seen before so I enjoyed that different spin on it. I really loved Victoria's character, Clara made a great villain, Rockford was a bit severe at times however. I also disliked the way he purposely deflowered Victoria (who was admittedly willing to be deflowere ...more
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Con Victoria era stato come se brandelli della propria vita e della propria anima, bruscamente frammentate, si fossero ricomposti d'un tratto, ritrovando il loro posto in quei recessi di sé che lui aveva sempre considerato gelidi deserti."

Adoro le storie d'amore tra tutore e pupilla, sopratutto se ben scritte, con un lord tenebroso e affascinante e una lady con un carattere risoluto ma non troppo bacchettona! XD
Harlequin Books
"I enjoyed this book very much; I found myself making time to read it. The style flowed easily and had enough detail to put me in the period without overwhelming me with too much unnecessary description." From a review by an Harlequin.com member, to read the full review, go HERE>http://www.harlequin.com/storeitem.ht...
Mecque
Nov 12, 2013 Mecque rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was never bored, but the characters were frusterating.
sindhu
sindhu rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2016
Molly Jerrett
Molly Jerrett rated it really liked it
May 31, 2016
Nina
Nina added it
May 15, 2016
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Rosie Bridgeford
Rosie Bridgeford rated it did not like it
Apr 30, 2016
William Roach
William Roach rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Jazzysmum
Jazzysmum rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Cindy mcguire
Cindy mcguire marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
Kathy Greene
Kathy Greene rated it did not like it
Dec 17, 2015
Kerstin
Kerstin rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2016
Ana G. Montenegro
Ana G. Montenegro rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2015
Becci
Becci rated it it was ok
Aug 23, 2015
Nasia
Nasia rated it it was ok
Mar 24, 2016
Marisa Valle
Marisa Valle rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2015
Kelly_Instalove
Kelly_Instalove rated it it was ok
Jun 15, 2015
J
J marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Erica Sarahong
Erica Sarahong marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Sumit
Sumit marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Paddy
Paddy marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015