Start by marking “Stone Cold (Camel Club, #3)” as Want to Read:
Stone Cold (Camel Club, #3)

Stone Cold (Camel Club #3)

4.1  ·  Rating Details ·  28,481 Ratings  ·  1,275 Reviews
#1 New York Times bestselling author David Baldacci is back to continue the adventures of the Camel Club with this sequel to THE COLLECTORS.
Hardcover, Large Print, 534 pages
Published November 6th 2007 by Grand Central Publishing

Lee Battersby
Jun 20, 2014 Lee Battersby rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There isn't a cliche in the world that David Baldacci doesn't hit in this book. Leaden prose, two-dimensional characters, the standard retired-super-soldier-with-secret-past plot.... this is Lee Child for the silver set, so greyishly familiar and just downright stupid that it might be the first novel to pass the Turing Test, it's so hard to believe it was written by a human author and didn't, somehow, write itself from a few choice prompts. Don't bother.

Toni Osborne
Feb 12, 2009 Toni Osborne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Camel Club, book 3

Annabelle Conroy is again joining Oliver Stone and the Camel Club's group of mismatched characters in this suspenseful and unforgettable novel of revenge, conspiracy and murder.

The previous novel "The Collector" (a must read) laid the background for this novel, in it Annabelle Conroy pulled a con on Casino king Jerry Bagger and she is now hunted by him and needs all the resources the Camel Club can provide to protect her.

While protecting Annabelle, the group faces a new opponen
Mar 06, 2014 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of decent thriller & david Baldacci
Recommended to Mark by: the satisfactory writing of David Baldacci
The sequel to The Collectors and book 3 in the Camel Club series, offers once again two seperate storylines that this time do not merge at all. They take place side by side. First of the Annabelle part of the story gets its conclusion when Jerry Bagger gets his chance to apprehend the girl he could have loved but conned him out of 40 million dollars. And we all know a man has gotta do what a mans gotta do. The ending of this story was unavoidable but decent enough.
Story two is in essence a seque
Jul 05, 2009 Barry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another page turner in the style my friend Laura calls Scooby Doo stories. There are miraculous resolutions brought on by incredible coincidences that bring the story to an end.
Mind you, there were a few miraculous incidents along the way as the story developed as well. Characters were blessed with almost divine omniscience to know exactly what their antagonists were doing and thinking.
While all the juggling is taking place, snipers shooting through photos at a quarter mile and so forth, the gu
Oct 05, 2008 Keith rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick read that rates high on the entertainment scale but stretches the credulity of even regular fans of “secret government” paranoia. An old guy with all of the physical strength of a twenty year old but the experience of decades, a mind like a computer and the structural character of an ancient oak who has actually learned something from his past mistakes. Hmm..I like the concept but…nah, I’ll stick with superman or 007.
Franco  Santos
Jan 24, 2015 Franco Santos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
En mi opinión es el mejor libro de la saga del Camel Club. Es sumamente adictivo y está lleno de acción. En éste los secretos más oscuros de Oliver Stone se revelan, poniendo en peligro a las personas más queridas del exagente.

Es un libro que marca un antes y un después en la serie. Esta entrega te rompe el corazón.

Como dice en la contratapa de la novela: Las vidas de los sobrevivientes de esta historia cambiarán para siempre.
Vikas Khair
Oct 12, 2016 Vikas Khair rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Third part of Camel Club series and so much better and fast paced. This one again sees two parallel stories where one guy is killing people and on the other hand our camel club is going through life adjusting after the events of the last book. This was fast quick fun but what a sad end to a wonderful story (No Spoilers from my side).
Jill Ibsen
Jan 17, 2008 Jill Ibsen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
David Baldacci will most likely get a 5 star rating from me each and every time. I absolutely love his stories...I get so wrapped up in the characters! Especially the Camel Club bunch. *Spoiler alert* This could very well be the last of the Camel Club books. I am bummed :( But as usual, I had trouble putting it down at all!!! So good!!!
Steven Kent
Oliver Stone is an ex-government assassin who now lives and works in a small graveyard outside of Washington D.C. He has a secret.
Annabelle Conroy is a girl on the run. She is a con artist who just took a very angry casino owner for $40 million.
Caleb is librarian in the rare books section of the Library of Congress who no taste for adventure.
Ruben is a 65-year-old former special forces operative working in a loading dock.
Milton is a computer and math genius who, like Caleb, prefers his gunfights
Riley Blue

Oliver Stone y el Camel Club- un grupo de ex agentes de la CIA dispuesto a no dejar impunes los crímenes perpetrados por los servicios de inteligencia- se enfrentan a una peligrosa aventura. Su amiga Annabelle Conroy ha estafado millones de dólares a Jerry Bagger, asesino de su madre y dueño de un exitoso casino en Atlantic City. Stone y sus colegas cierran filas para proteger a Annabelle, pero sus habilidades no serán suficientes cuando un mortífero adversario resurja del misterioso pasado de S
May 04, 2009 hllf rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Truly excellent; my favorite Baldacci novel. Below is a breakdown of my rating:

Enjoyability: 5
Re-Readability: 4.5
Character Development: 4.5
Complexity: 4
Writing Style: 4.5
Believability: 4
Overall: 4.42

First, let me start by saying that I read this book about four months prior to writing this review, so it may not be as detailed as my more recent reviews; when I reread the book, I will update where necessary.

This book is the third in the Camel club series and definitely my favorite. It picks up rig
Jul 02, 2012 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third installment of Oliver Stone//Camel Club novels. Intrigue and suspense.
In the Camel Club's previous novel, "The Collectors", Annabelle Conroy, the beautiful and resourceful con artist extraordinaire, relieved Jerry Bagger, her mother's murderer and filthy rich casino owner and crime boss, of $40 milliion dollars. Bagger will stop at nothing to exact his revenge and kill Annabelle ... slowly, luxuriously and very, very painfully!

Meanwhile (one might say, back at the ranch!), som
Exciting Story that will keep you on the edge!
I’ve always enjoyed David Baldacci's Camel Club series and their group of peculiar characters. The books are exciting and always keep you on the edge.
In this story there are several plots and subplots going on. In one plot we find Oliver Stone, who went by the name of, John Carr, as a former CIA assassin, comes to grips with a terrible mistake that he made years ago. He had terminated an innocent man who was falsely identified as a traitor. While St
Nov 25, 2008 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: summer-reading
I usually avoid giving five stars to my "guilty-pleasure," escapist reading. This is not a book that changed my life or made me a better person, it was just a book kept me turning pages. Although I've loved the whole Camel Club series, this one was the best yet. I loved the plot twists and the unique characters. I'm headed to the bookstore for "Divine Justice" because I can't wait for the 300+ people on the waiting list at the library to finish it.
Feb 17, 2013 Iris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
So far, Stone Cold is my favorite of the Camel Club series. Unfortunately, I do not think the book would have been as enjoyable without having read the previous two. Stone Cold finishes Annabelle's story that was started in The Collectors. It also pulls in Carter Gray from The Camel Club, bringing a better conclusion to that story as well.
Sally Lindsay-briggs
This author has been touted as great. This book proved it. Initially, I had trouble keeping all the characters straight but I kept up through this thoroughly intriguing, twisting plot with spies and turned spies and assinations that appeared to cause deaths. It was believable and the characters were very, very real with bravery, guts and skills. Loved it.
Jan 10, 2008 Kay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
This was one of the best that concern the Camel Club. I was sick when I read it [literally] and I finished it too quick. It's one of those books you don't want to put down and you sure don't want it to end. Annabelle is back to team up with the guys and there are several problems they must solve. Full of action.
Jan 29, 2013 Betty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book! The short chapters keeps your saying just one more before lights out - 10 chapters later you are still reading. I am going back to read the first book in the series before I read the last two. Great writer, keeps reader locked into the story and the characters.
Gail Stewart rumsey
I am still very fond of the Camel Club and enjoyed this book very much. I did hate the fact that a main character died. I never like when that happens (I still have not forgiven Preston/Childs for the death of Willam Smithback many years ago). On to the next in the series.
Nov 01, 2014 Jyoti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story that will keep you on edge. I love the way in which the book is written. Must read if you really love suspense, thriller.
Jul 07, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this series. I need to remember to request the next book in the series from the library BEFORE I start the current book!
I really enjoy this series about the unconventional characters who make up the camel club. This time the threat to the group is more personl. More would be telling.
Richard White
Oct 29, 2015 Richard White rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
As good as if not even better than the first two.
Oct 08, 2014 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book kept me guessing.....I couldn't put it down.
Ashley Smith
Jul 12, 2011 Ashley Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book
Nov 11, 2014 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good sequel. Exciting.
Apoorva Acharya
The story is interesting like other books of the series but the author is too generous when it comes to the luck of Oliver Stone in this one. Our protagonist being better than other killers is believable. But all bullets escaping him to deliver justice is not.
A writer can and will always take the liberty of keeping his hero alive especially when he plans to write another book. Few explanations on how everything favored Oliver Stone when he was on a killing spree, albeit for a good cause, brough
Stef O'connor
Oct 25, 2016 Stef O'connor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a pity that this is book 3 in the Camel Club series but I guess I will just have to read them out of order! I really enjoyed this book and as I expect a thriller to be "fanciful" I have no problem reading a story that asks me to suspend my disbelief.........the story moves at a good pace, has plenty of action, and a satisfactory ending........
Kari Coleman
Oct 27, 2008 Kari Coleman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
David Baldacci is one of those authors that I have been meaning to pick up for quite a while, but always seem to end up reading something else. I was looking through our work library the other day and happened upon one of his books. So, I quickly picked it up and carried it to my desk. I usually try to find the first book that an author has written so that I don't miss any character development, but this time, I just decided to jump in wherever the book took me. Although this book does pick up i ...more
Oct 16, 2016 Tina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The further I got into this novel, the more exciting it was, and while I was compelled to read on, I eschewed the impending end of my time with the Camel Club.

Sexy and saavy Anabelle Conroy returns to team up with the Camel Club's Oliver Stone to end the threat posed by the maniacal and murderous casino owner, Jerry Bagger. Stone's grave is exhumed, making him a vulnerable target for the deposed National Intelligence Chief, Carter Gray, and a mysterious murderer picking off ex-triple six member
Goodreads Librari...: ISBN-978-0-446-57739-1 2 27 Jan 23, 2013 12:32PM
adventure/mystery 3 45 Aug 30, 2011 08:03AM
  • The Third Option (Mitch Rapp, #4)
  • The Last Patriot (Scot Harvath, #7)
  • Wild Fire (John Corey, #4)
  • The Traitor (Tommy Carmellini #2)
  • A Death in Vienna (Gabriel Allon, #4)
  • The First Counsel
  • The Charlemagne Pursuit (Cotton Malone, #4)
David Baldacci writes because he can't imagine not writing. He published his first novel, Absolute Power, in 1996; one year later, it was adapted for film, with Clint Eastwood as its director and star. In total, David has published 30 novels for adults; all have been national and international bestsellers, and several have been adapted for film and television. His novels have been translated into ...more
More about David Baldacci...

Camel Club (5 books)
  • The Camel Club (Camel Club, #1)
  • The Collectors (Camel Club, #2)
  • Divine Justice (Camel Club, #4)
  • Hell's Corner (Camel Club, #5)

“chauffeur of three, including a precocious, independent-minded teenage boy.” 0 likes
“Stone said.” 0 likes