Start by marking “Quadrant Book of Poetry 2001-2010” as Want to Read:
Quadrant Book of Poetry 2001-2010

Quadrant Book of Poetry 2001-2010

In his polemical Introduction, Les Murray notes that Quadrant was founded sixty years ago by poet James McAuley, the ‘stern formalist’ who ensured that poetry occupied a prominent place in the magazine.

Poetry has continued to be central to Quadrant, its profile not waning under Murray’s stewardship as literary editor since 1990. For this anthology, Murray has collected th
Published January 1st 2012 by Quadrant Books

To ask other readers questions about Quadrant Book of Poetry 2001-2010, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quadrant Book of Poetry 2001-2010

Dale Harcombe
Sep 18, 2013 Dale Harcombe rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
Three and a half stars.
Reading a poetry anthology I think is a bit like being confronted with a smorgasbord. You get to sample plenty of tasty treats. As in any smorgasbord there will be those that appeal to the taste buds of one person, but not to another.
I found this an eclectic and, at times, uneven collection of poems spanning ten years. Some touched a deep chord, while others left me wondering what the editor, Les Murray, saw that I did not that he chose them for publication in Quadrant l
Lisa
Mar 06, 2016 Lisa rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
Three and a half stars. Some names I knew, but a lot I didn't. I wonder if they are still writing poetry? I guess the names will always change through the years. Some wonderful poetry, but so many rhyming poems and they've never been my favourite.
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2016
Leslie Allan Murray (born 1938) is the outstanding poet of his generation and one of his country's most influential literary critics. A nationalist and republican, he sees his writing as helping to define, in cultural and spiritual terms, what it means to be Australian.

Leslie Allan Murray was born in 1938 in Nabiac, a village on the north coast of New South Wales, Australia, and spent his childho
More about Les Murray...