El Codigo del Apocalipsis

El Codigo del Apocalipsis

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  191 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Estamos en los ultimos dias? Cuales senales debo estar buscando?

"La mayoria de lo que has escuchado, leido o aprendido acerca de los ultimos dias es incorrecto," dice el popular presentador radial y apologista, Hank Hanegraaff. "Hemos llegado a aceptar una gran variedad de creencias y ensenanzas acerca del futuro, sobre la batalla final entre el bien y el mal, los ultimos...more
Published April 8th 2008 by Grupo Nelson (first published 2007)

Jacob Aitken
The gravitas of one's writing is determined by whom one is writing against. Hanegraff, a radio populist by profession, writing against the bizarre wackiness of dispensationalist authors, has no chance of writing with gravitas. I will go ahead and list everything wrong with the book. Hanegraff creates his own acronyms, many of which are just silly, and often labels those who do not accept his reasoning as "not understanding the bible." His alliteration gets the best of him and is distracting to t...more
Aaron Kleinheksel
Crushing disappointment. "The" Apocalypse Code promises much, but fails to deliver. The title itself is disingenuous, and bears a troubling similarity to Hal Lindsey's Apocalypse Code (no "The" in the title). Hal Lindsey is another current writer in the Bible Prophecy field who the author of this book heavily criticizes (though, it can be assumed, he liked the title of his book well enough). Incidentally, I wouldn't recommend Hal Lindsey any more than I'd recommend Hank Hanegraaff. In all honest...more
Roger R.
This is a well written eye opening book. The author shows how many so called prophesy experts have erred in some of their conclusions.It was a pleasure to read a point of view that is not the most popular and see the evidence of research and study that went into forming those opinions.This is a very interesting read and you'll see the book of Revelation in a different light.
Mark Vegh
These radio and tv eveangelists and religious authors are usually left for a very specific audience to indulge in. Yet Hanegraaff debunks much of the eschatolical myth that conservative Christians believe, and as such does his piece to make the Bible more believable and approachable.
Steve
Have to agree with other reviewers that the author spends too much time and focus on demonizing the dispensational proponents. Other than that he makes some very good arguments.
Sam
The perfect antidote for the silliness spread by Tim LeHaye and his ilk.
Vlad-samuel Tomos
Daca marsul funest al evanghelicilor catre sfarsitul marcat de Aremaghedon poate fi oprit, acest lucru se va intampla prin intoarcerea credinciosilor la fidelitatea fata de exegeza corecta - adica va trebui sa redescoperim ceea ce Duhul Sfant a insuflat in Scriptura in loc sa ne proiectam propriile prejudecati asupra Scripturii. Va trebui sa ne rugam cu staruinta ca Duhul Sfant sa ne dea o minte limpede si o inima deschisa in timp ce ne corectam zilnic la puterea sinergiei scripturale interpreta...more
Phil Meadows
I shall be brief. I'm listening to the audio version of this book, and my comments center around the performance of the audio version. If you're reading on paper, another review will be more suitable.

I have listened to Hank Hanegraaf's radio show, off & on, for a few years now. In the show he answers the hard Bible questions that callers ask—sometimes topical, most times not. Needless to say he gets a lot of questions about Revelation. He holds a partial Preterist view, which has always intr...more
Joseph
5 Stars For Theology
1 or 2 star for Tone

Some of the other reviews sum it up well: he makes really good arguments. That said, the tone, while not as vicious as in some theological works, is still not a very good example of how believers are to deal with other believers who disagree.

TONE
We get it - dispensationalists are wrong. But, aren't there more respectful ways to present that than by pulling out our "baloney detectors" (most of chapter 4)? And, why does it matter that some early dispensation...more
M. L. Wilson
I realize that many folks may have an issue with Hank Hanegrasff's brusque approach, but his understanding of history and his ability to see through the smokescreen of long-held tradition is worth the read here.

I found this book didn't so much as answer my questions as it helped to validate my own conclusions. Without beating theology to death in this review, let me just say that for people who desire to seek to have a better understanding of God Almighty; who seek to "...eat meat" rather than c...more
Elise
Strange book. Sections are cut and pasted and reappear verbatim in various other parts of the book. He can't write "read the bible" even once, apparently, without adding "for all it's worth". There's no actual ending, the writing just kind of stops. I don't think Hank Hanegraaff has ever seen an anacronym he hasn't loved. The e-squared thing is cheesy and his bizarre assertions that Bart Ehrman would have stayed Christian if he'd just learned Hanegraaff's method of interpretation was almost the...more
T C Netzley
Don't let the title fool you if you are not familiar with Hal Lindsay. The Apocalypse Code is a fantastic rebuttal to popular notions, with a challenge to read and discover for yourself. Mr. Hanegraaff does not withhold his own opinion, nor ire toward certain ideas and there most contemporary proponents, but nonetheless delivers not only a great presentation of his studied viewpoint, but encouragement to find yours with mature and proper grounding, as if to say "It's not what I or anyone else sa...more
Russell Hayes
I was hoping for a more systematic approach to this topic. Instead, the author just rudely attacks those the straw men he has created for his opponents. Disturbingly compares Israeli action to the Holocaust. Hank failed to address the possibility that the prophecies could refer both to events in the first century as well as still-future events, similar to Old Testament types and shadows he spends so much time discussing. He also repeatedly accuses those adhering to dispensationalism as blasphemo...more
William Dicks
Hanegraaff sets out to make his point, and I think he does make it. The major point that he wants to make is that the dispensational interpretation of end-time events is based on incorrect interpretation of the Scriptures. He backs it up with allowing Scripture to interpret Scripture and not allowing newspapers to interpret Scripture.

Although I enjoyed the book, Hanegraaff does have one annoying way of writing; he repeats himself a lot. He will say the same thing several times in different conte...more
Mark Sequeira
So I was looking forward to reading this and finally got it on bargain...Let me say that there is nothing much here compared to the Seventy weeks of Daniel by Phillip Mauro, the Beast by Ken Gentry or Before Jerusalem Fell, or Chilton's "Day's of Vengeance."...Those are all better, as is N.T. Wright, although there are a couple good ideas here. Since most of the above can be had online FREE, I would start there and only buy or read Hanegraaff if you want to get his take on things.
faithful
Amazingly bad form to so obviously and repetitively attack someone that sees things differently than the author. Makes one wonder when considering the "you will be known by your love for one another" concept. The author also has a few obvious glitches in reasoning yet is blind to gaping holes in some of his own theories.

Those interested may want to read "Breaking the Apocalypse Code: Setting the Record Straight About the End Times",
By: Mark Hitchcock, as a contrast.
Harley
Some helpful arguments. Strange format.
Kevin Driskill
I enjoyed this book even if I am not completely convinced. There are so many views of eschatological scenarios that they are hard to sort out and they all have a compelling argument for and against. I think Hank does a great job presenting his side and is very compelling. It should be reviewed by any scholarly investigator before passing judgment. I very much enjoyed the yeomanly work given here.
Kara
The writing style sometimes irritates me and is repetitive, but it's very informative!
Monica
Dec 07, 2008 Monica marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
So I decided not to continue reading this book because I feel like it is a waist of time. The book is all about trashing someone elses point of view. I wanted to read this book to learn a new perspective on reading and understanding the bible. This book did not deliver.
Craig
Hanegraaff lays into premillenial dispensationalists like Tim LaHaye with the same passion that he examined the false teachings of the Word Faith guys. Good book on basic Bible interpretation. And he makes some great points about the Left Behind theology.
Jason
This book debunks all the myths of the second coming of our lord;furthermore, this book explains how until recently main stream christianity understood that the antichrist and the apocacolypse has already happened and all that remains is Christs return.
Ted Heitz
I was looking for insight on views that oppose my own. Instead, the author spends the majority of pages trashing other authors and religions, surprisingly VERY anti-Israel. Poorly written, loose lipped, and in poor taste as a theologist. Skip it.
Michael
One of the few books I've gone out to find and purchase in hardcover on its release date. Hanegraaff had been talking this book up for years. It didn't live up to expectations, simply because he never really shows his cards.
Michael
Great book dealing with common weak scriptural interpretations regarding eschatology. My favorite part of this book is that it teaches a quite sound hermeneutic structure for biblical interpretation as you read.
Karissa
Love this book! Hank HaneGraff is a great writer, and this book is very interesting! My favorite topic (Eschatology) and you can learn heremeutics as well!
Chris Deforge
Fantastic book. Anyone doing an study on Revelation should read this book. A must read for anyone who wants to engage in conversation with fellow Christians.
Marie
Learning discernment of how to read Revelation of the Bible for all it is worth, and finding long sought answers therein,a must read!!
Tyrone Steele
Kind of lame-o.
I'm not reading any more Haanagraaf books. He's uneducated and opinionated and does not review his facts well enough.
Lisa
Getting to the truth about how to read the Scriptures and what they really say in prophetic books and about the end times.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Hank Hanegraaff serves as president and chairman of the board of the North Carolina–based Christian Research Institute International. He is also host of "The Bible Answer Man" radio program, which is broadcast daily across the United States and Canada as well as around the world through the Internet at http://www.equip.org. Widely considered to be one of the world's leading Christian apologists, H...more
More about Hank Hanegraaff...
The Last Disciple The Last Sacrifice Christianity in Crisis Counterfeit Revival The Bible Answer Book