Start by marking “Lost Bullet (Traces, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lost Bullet (Traces, #2)

Lost Bullet (Traces #2)

Recently qualified as a forensic investigator, Luke Harding is assigned to the slums of London, where he and Malc investigate a doctor's murder. They find a bullet wound to her head, but rain has washed away the bullet -- and all other clues. As more innocent doctors die, Luke's sleuthing leads him to a mysterious cult called The Visionaries. With no time to lose, Luke mus ...more
Published April 14th 2005 by Kingfisher

To ask other readers questions about Lost Bullet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost Bullet

Adarsh Kota
Oct 31, 2011 Adarsh Kota rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Khushi
May 01, 2015 Khushi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anjanee
I just couldn't put the book down. The writing style's brilliant and it pulls you into this fictional world of Traces like a magnet till you finish the book. I would definitely recommend the book to anyone who's looking for 'a good book'.
Viola Sung
A great mystery, as always. :D
Ethan Kelly
Sep 23, 2012 Ethan Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Justin
May 23, 2013 Justin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While reading this book, I was at first unsure of myself about reading. As I got further and further into the story, I really got into it and I enjoyed the book very much. The story kept me interested with the "Oh, she did it, No he did it" scenario. I remember saying that all the time while reading this and I will keep continuing the series. Malcolm Rose is slowly starting to become one of my favorite authors.
Sara
Apr 30, 2013 Sara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is sorta a stereotyped book. It involves snakes, fires, four deaths, attempted killings and religion. If you are a mystery lover try and figure out who the killer is before it's too late.
Fahad
Jan 07, 2015 Fahad rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: january-2014
In a town in London Birmingham, Luke and Malc are told to investigate a murder of a doctor. They find clues on how to get to World Church of Eternal Vision. The government in the city wasn't taking care of the people. Luke and Malc had alot of incounters with there other crimes. Luke and Malc struggled to find who killed the doctor.

The reason why i picked up this book was because i thought this book would be amazing and it turned out it was and i started reading it and it got interesting.

The rea
Rachael Hewison
One of my comments when I reviewed the first book was that I really liked the futuristic world that Rose had created and wanted to hear more about it. Well that certainly happened in this book. Luke is brought to London to solve a new murder case and Rose's descriptions of what has happened to London is fascinating; nature has taken its hold over London, whilst dangerous people hide around corners.

The subject matter for this book was also very grown up. It covers racism, arranged marriages and r
Mz. Diana Gagliardi
Book 2 of the Luke Harding sf/mystery series takes him to a depressed London where government doesn't take care of everyone and many people are without regular work (and thus health care and food). Discrimination is rampant with someone trying to kill white people and anyone who supports medical intervention of "God's" work (disease, etc).

A good mystery with great characters, this was the most intense book of the series I've read yet with lots of interesting questions, not all of them able to be
Maria Duleva
Jul 19, 2016 Maria Duleva rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and easy to read book. I really enjoyed the adventures of 16 years old Luke and a robot Malk for finding Lost Bullet. This book is perfect for holiday.

Попаднах на тази книга случайно на един панаир на книгата на смешната цена от 1лв, съответно нямах големи очаквания. Изненада ме приятно, оказа се интересна кримка, чието действие се развива в бъдещето, където ценностите са доста поразбъркани в сравнение с това, което е действителност. Много леко и бързо се чете, няма излишни описания.
Drew
Sep 24, 2016 Drew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a mystery book where the investigator,Luke Harding,goes under cover and infiltrates a white hating cult in an attempt to find the one that killed the pairing committee and the doctor as well as shooting at Owen. The bullet he needed for evidence at the beginning of the story was lost forever in the maze of sewer systems.
Cole Price
Dec 06, 2012 Cole Price rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was not as good as the first one, but was still a pretty good book. I like how Malc has changed and had weapon like features. I hope the next one is better than this one, but I would still recommend this book to people who liked the first one.
Yohannes
Mar 30, 2011 Yohannes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book is very exciting beacuse it has lots of points were their is a red hearing or spark of iformation. Its about 16 year old field invetigator who is on the case someone who got shot but while he is investigating the crime their is many incounters with different crimes
Sophie
I enjoyed this instalment in the Traces series a little more than the first. Some of the descriptions of bodies and injuries were a little gory so just bear that in mind if you're sensitive to things like that.
Irene
Jun 26, 2016 Irene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Captivating read. Another thrilling yet unpredictable mystery. The plot was a bit forced in my opinion but the overall mystery was fast paced. I like how both scientifically and technoligical facts were put together. Interesting yet easy to read.
Ellie
I liked it, but the church in here was too similar to our Christian church now (and it sort of portrayed it in a bad light) for me to love it.
Rhozyna
I expected it to be okay but not this good. It surely caught me off guard. I think the author did a very good job with this one.
Ahmad
May 29, 2010 Ahmad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the book,in fact the series is well written......a good story and a good plot....
Harriettgeorgia
May 22, 2014 Harriettgeorgia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is good the overall plot is interesting and if you thought you knew what was going to happen next you were surprised to read you had got it wrong and the unexpected happened
Mad-eye
So far it is really good.
Alexis
Alexis rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2015
Shaylyn Walker
Shaylyn Walker rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2013
Chloë Forsyth
Chloë Forsyth rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2011
Jo
Jo rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2015
Ashika
Ashika rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2012
Madison
Madison rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2008
Skootle
Skootle rated it really liked it
May 07, 2016
Maha
Maha rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2014
James Stirling
James Stirling rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2015
Toby
Toby rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2013
  • The Big Nap: A Chet Gecko Mystery
  • First Shot
  • The Circle of Blood (Forensic Mysteries, #3)
  • Sleeper Code (Sleeper Conspiracy, #1)
  • The Falcon's Malteser (Diamond Brothers, #1)
  • Vanishing Act: Mystery at the U.S. Open (The Sports Beat, #2)
  • The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #3: Mad House
  • First Strike (Rich and Jade, #4)
  • The Vanishing Violin (The Red Blazer Girls, #2)
  • Death in the Air (The Boy Sherlock Holmes, #2)
  • Finding Lubchenko (Lubchenko, #1)
  • Babysitting Bandit (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #23)
  • Nightpeople (Darklands, #1)
  • Nothing to Lose (Robyn Hunter, #3)
  • Four Walls (CSI: New York, #4)
  • The Chocolate Lover (Missing Persons, #2)
Believe it or not, until Easter 1996, I was a Lecturer in Chemistry at The Open University. I carried out research in analytical chemistry, particularly in the area of health, and I taught mainly organic chemistry. The teaching part of the job predominantly involved writing, with some radio, TV and video work. It also left very little time for fiction writing which I tackled mostly after midnight. ...more
More about Malcolm Rose...

Traces (7 books)
  • Framed! (Traces, #1)
  • Roll Call (Traces, #3)
  • Double Check (Traces, #4)
  • Final Lap (Traces, #5)
  • Blood Brother (Traces, #6)
  • Murder Club (Traces, #7)