Start by marking “Linux Administration Handbook” as Want to Read:
Linux Administration Handbook

Linux Administration Handbook

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  5 reviews
-- Covers all critical system administration tasks from confirmation and management of e-mail to security.-- Detailed coverage of RedHat, Debian, and Suse distributors.

-- From the authors of the best-selling Unix System Administration Handbook (0-13-020601-6).

Up until now, Linux administration books have focused on the management of a single server. This is the first Linux
Paperback
Published by Prentice Hall PTR (first published October 30th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Linux Administration Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Linux Administration Handbook

Darin
Of the books devoted to general Linux system administration, this is by far the most in-depth that I have seen. Even though the book is huge, it still is only able to provide limited coverage of many topics since many of those same topics have entire books devoted just to them. Nonetheless, this is still a good place to look for system administration information if you want more than the very shallow coverage provided by most system administration books.
Oleg
Робачевский глубже )
Kyle
I was a little worried, since this book wasn't ever going to be part of my shelf of O'Reilly Books. However, this book provides excellent, concise coverage of a variety of topics that a Linux Systems Administrator is likely to encounter. It doesn't cover any one topic in great depth, instead suggesting the appropriate O'Reilly book. I strongly recommend it when you find you need a broad overview of Systems Administration.
Jurvis
This was my first Linux-specific system administration book (aside from man pages) and it treated me very well. Evi et al have written a comprehensive and accessible bible for new and seasoned linux admins alike. This book is always within arm's reach in my office.
Davem2
A must read for any network admin! Covers linux in particular but does a great job covering concepts that are common across all operating systems
Nathan
Nathan is currently reading it
Aug 14, 2015
Jan K
Jan K marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Jeffrey A DeLooze
Jeffrey A DeLooze marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Karan Sood
Karan Sood marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
William Moody
William Moody marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Charles
Charles marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Gene
Gene added it
May 11, 2015
Md
Md marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Sukhjeet
Sukhjeet marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Patil Vinod
Patil Vinod marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
  • Practical C++ Programming
  • Learning PHP 5
  • UNIX Power Tools
  • Big Java
  • The Montgomery Bus Boycott and the Women Who Started It: The Memoir of Jo Ann Gibson Robinson
  • Linux Server Hacks: 100 Industrial-Strength Tips and Tools
  • The UNIX Programming Environment
  • Learning Perl
  • The Life of Langston Hughes: Volume I: 1902-1941, I, Too, Sing America (Life of Langston Hughes, 1902-1941)
  • Concepts of Programming Languages
  • Understanding the Linux Kernel
  • Web Style Guide: Basic Design Principles for Creating Web Sites

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
UNIX and Linux System Administration Handbook UNIX System Administration Handbook unix administration handbook Unix and Linux System Administration Handbook Manual completo do Linux