Start by marking “Faces of Hope: Babies Born on 9/11” as Want to Read:
Faces of Hope: Babies Born on 9/11

Faces of Hope: Babies Born on 9/11

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  4 reviews
September 11, 2001, will forever be etched into our memories as a day of tragedy and despair. Yet, in spite of the fact that so many lives were lost in an instant, there is hope for our future. It lives in the innocence and beauty of newborn babies; proof that life is a circle and that hope always exists, even in the direst of circumstances.

In this delightful book, Christi
Published September 1st 2002 by Health Communications

To ask other readers questions about Faces of Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faces of Hope

VegasGal
The concept behind this book is wonderful, a tribute from a mother who gave birth on Sept 11th, such a tragic day, that depicts one child from each of the 50 states who was also born on the same day. I am, however, disappointed with a few things in this book, that if it were put together a little better, could have made the book wonderful. For example, the photos are in black and white, I would think that a tribute on hope and life despite terrible tragedy deserves a bit of color instead of the ...more
Sueij
As a parent of a child with a Sept. 11 birthday, one of these years she is going to find out that the day that she celebrates is a day that the nation considers a tragedy. I like this book as a tool for framing her life as part of a vision of hope.

The two things that I don't particularly like about this book are that (1) there isn't much to it. It's 50 babies (one for each state), each with one or two simple sentences of things the author wishes for them on the opposite page. It's just... pretty
Chris
Meant as an inspirational book and written by a mother of one of the profiled children, this book is a quick read. It gives short inspirational "teachings" to each if 50 children born from each state on September 11, 2001. I enjoyed reading this book, but save some money and don't buy this book as their really isn't much to really read in this book.
Pepper Gerstner
Kudos to the mom who wrote this...what an uplifting book.
Her acknowledgements to the mothers and children at the very beginning was beautiful and well written!
Christi Murray
Christi Murray marked it as to-read
May 19, 2013
Bryony
Bryony marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2012
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2012
Mandi
Mandi marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2011
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2011
Desirey
Desirey marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2011
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2011