Start by marking “Macbeth For Kids (Shakespeare Can Be Fun series)” as Want to Read:
Macbeth For Kids (Shakespeare Can Be Fun series)

Macbeth For Kids (Shakespeare Can Be Fun!)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  10 reviews
For more than 20 years, Lois Burdett has been introducing Shakespeare to primary school pupils. Working with her students, she makes Shakespeare's plays come wonderfully alive for young eyes and ears. The texts are rewritten as simple rhyming verse and illustrated by her pupils' own drawings.
Published September 1st 1996 by Firefly Books

Suburban Homeschooler
Enjoying this series. We will read several of these. All illustrations done by 6-11 yr olds, including writing samples. Gave me lots of fun hands-on ideas.
Kim Vasquez
My kids loved this!!!!
Michele R
Great introduction to the Bard's plays by a very poetic elementary teacher. My kids are highly entertained, and they are great previews before seeing the plays. She has books about several other plays, as well, including Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet, and Midsummer's Nights Dreams. They all include drawings, letters, and other musings that her elementary students have composed.
Sarah Milne
I'm using these to teach my nine-year old student Shakespeare. She loves the story (the dark, twisty stuff appeals to her), her mom loves the vocabulary, and I love that she's learning Shakespeare. Win!
Theresa
Macbeth For Kids (Shakespeare Can Be Fun series)
Burdett, Lois
children's drawings, reports, and letters explaining the plot retold by the author in a more modern langauge for the kids.
Sara Abrams
This is a great way to introduce Shakespeare to a younger generation! My students were on the edge of their seats as I read about the downward spiral of Macbeth.
Molly Zeigler
the effort Burdett has put into these books is wonderful and the use of the children's illustrations is sublime - great fun for all ages
Dana
My daughter and I loved these books by Lois Burdett when she was younger. What a wonderful introduction to Shakespeare!
Debbie
This has been a fun and simplified way to take in some Shakespeare.
Nadine
This woman is AMAZING! Shakespeare for kids is sensational!
Anita
Anita added it
Aug 11, 2015
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Nessa
Nessa marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
macy sorensen
macy sorensen marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Amber
Amber added it
Jul 05, 2015
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Cece333
Cece333 marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Bryn Geffert
Bryn Geffert marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Anna
Anna added it
May 29, 2015
Rhonda
Rhonda marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Barbara Kester
Barbara Kester marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Diamond Johnson
Diamond Johnson marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Kel
Kel marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Laura Fletcher
Laura Fletcher marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Shakespeare Can Be Fun! (8 books)
  • A Child's Portrait of Shakespeare
  • Hamlet for Kids
  • A Midsummer Night's Dream for Kids
  • Much Ado about Nothing for Kids
  • Romeo and Juliet for Kids
  • The Tempest for Kids
  • Twelfth Night for Kids
A Midsummer Night's Dream for Kids Hamlet for Kids Romeo and Juliet for Kids The Tempest for Kids Much Ado about Nothing for Kids