Start by marking “The Complete Book of Pasta and Noodles” as Want to Read:
The Complete Book of Pasta and Noodles

The Complete Book of Pasta and Noodles

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  9 reviews
How do you boil pasta? How much water and salt do you need? Should you add oil to the water? How well should you drain it? (Turn to page viii for the answers.)

One part cooking course, one part kitchen reference, and one part foolproof recipes, The Complete Book of Pasta and Noodles tells the story of flour and water like no other book on the market. Extensively covering th
Published August 29th 2000 by Clarkson Potter (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Book of Pasta and Noodles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Book of Pasta and Noodles

Randy
My pasta maker is in transit.... looking forward to making a big mess in the kitchen.

Making a few messes, and not yet proficient. That is, the pasta I'm making is not that much better than store bought.

Will keep on trying though.

This book has some good ideas for simple sauces and toppings to go with my spaghettis and fettucinis. And maybe I'll try some of the more elegant types later...

Still, this will not be the most-turned-to cookbook in my library.

====================================
It's OK.
Beth
I can't say this is the ONLY pasta cookbook you'll ever need, but you'd certainly get by just fine on a desert island if it were all you had. (Well, you'd also need a good campfire and some pots and maybe a fishing rod ...) Anyway, don't miss the smoked salmon in cream sauce (Julianna's favorite); crumbly sausage with tomato (my favorite); the basic alfredo (Alexa's favorite, of course); and the clam sauces, both red (David) and white (me again). I honestly don't think I've ever had a white clam ...more
Kelly
This is by far the most complete and informative cookbook I've ever seen on pasta. Not only is there a wealth of information on how to make your own noodles, but there are lots of recipes for ravioli fillings and sauces, which I was very interested in. I skipped the sections regarding Asian noodles and meat dishes but found everything else immensely inspiring. Adding it to my Amazon wishlist. Definitely worth the interlibrary loan.
Stuart
Whether you are a novice or veteran, this book will give you a lot more than just recipes. It discusses pasta types, what type of pasta goes with what type of sauce, how to make those sauces, and how to present them.

An essential reference for anyone who likes pasta or noodles.
Dianna
Huge book on pasta, with recipes for everything from how to make fresh pasta to what to do with ramen noodles. Chapters on many different sorts of sauces and toppings. I wish there were more ramen recipes! The fresh egg pasta is excellent.
Danielle
My sister gave me this book for Christmas to go with my new pasta roller attachment. I made a egg pasta, ravioli filling and sauce out of this so far and they were all excellent. Definitely recommended.
Rebecca
Truthfully we have only really made one recipe from this cookbook - but its one we make a lot so I am rating it highly just on that basis.
Bridget
It is what it says, very complete!
Jessica
We love noodles at my house.
Georgia
Georgia marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Marcie Dark
Marcie Dark marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Fangwei Zeng
Fangwei Zeng marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Holly Brown
Holly Brown marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The New Best Recipe Baking Illustrated: A Best Recipe Classic (The Best Recipe Series) The Best 30-minute Recipe: A Best Recipe Classic (Best Recipe Series) The Science of Good Cooking: Master 50 Simple Concepts to Enjoy a Lifetime of Success in the Kitchen The Cook's Illustrated Cookbook: 2000 Recipes from 20 Years of America's Most Trusted Food Magazine