Start by marking “Dark Demon (Dark, #16)” as Want to Read:
Dark Demon (Dark, #16)

Dark Demon (Dark Carpathians #16)

4.34  ·  Rating Details ·  16,216 Ratings  ·  267 Reviews
Christine Feehan has worked magic on a legion of fans with her darkly thrilling Carpathian tales. Now she delivers the provocative story of a female vampire slayer who proves as seductive - and mysterious - as the night dwellers she stalks...

For as long as she can remember, Natalya has been fighting demons; first in the form of childhood nightmares, then later, immortal cr
Mass Market Paperback, 560 pages
Published March 28th 2006 by Jove (first published March 28th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Demon, please sign up.

Kacey You can read any of them as a stand alone, but there's a stronger back story, undercurrants and side-characters that you won't be able to fully…moreYou can read any of them as a stand alone, but there's a stronger back story, undercurrants and side-characters that you won't be able to fully appreciate or understand unless you take the time to read the other books.

I've read them all, and now when I re-read I skip around and read my favorites in the series instead of re-reading all of them. I'm still able to keep up with what's going on by skipping a few books between each of my favorites, but mostly because I've read it before and my memory refreshes when it touches on something I might have forgotten. (less)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Xena warrior woman Stars

*Spoilers*

First read August 2012 Reread February 10, 2016
February 8 2017

"Do you think I'm going to make it easy on you? I'm not really happy with you, Freddie boy." This time the anger stayed. Brown stains appeared on his teeth. "I am not Freddie. Who is Freddie? My name is Henrik." "You don't get out much do you? Haven't you ever watched the late night movies? Freddie's a regular star. A very ugly mass murderer, much like yourself"-Natalya and vampire

photo 17928530_zpsd35ktu66.gif

She was not acti
Cyndi
Another fantastic read in this series! I loved Vikirnoff- he is an amazing hero! He is right up there with Gregori! Natalya was awesome- she had so many different gifts and she can use magic! I loved it! Gregori was in this one briefly- I always want more Gregori, but I don't like him being injured:(
Susan
Dark Demon is book 16 of Christine Feehan's wonderful Dark Carpathian series. This is the story of Natalya Shonski and Vikirnoff von Shrieder. We first met Natalya in Feehan's Dark Secret and Vikirnoff in Dark Destiny.

Always on the run from vampires and Carpathian hunters, Natalya is part dark mage, part human, and part Carpathian. Her Carpathian bloodline is from one of the oldest and most respected of all Carpathian families: the Dragonseekers. Poisoned against the Carpathian people by the tr
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Wow, this book takes the story to another level by introducing the mage storyline. As if the Carpathian series wasn't intricate enough. I found it hard to follow some of the mage aspects, yet I was sucked in. Not only that, Natalya was one seriously kickbutt heroine. She was a total badass with all her weapons. A girl after my own heart. She even has a sword. I just loved how she jumped into the fray, guns blazing, sword swinging, and flinging knives. The part where she fights the shadow warrior ...more
Erika
4.5 Stars

Some parts dragged a bit in the first half and Feehan probably could have cut out 75 pages. BUT, I still loved it. The last 40% was spectacular. I had to make a mind adjustment for all these new paranormal creatures and concepts. In some ways, I miss the simplicity of the first books, but I understand that the author had to expand and change things to keep it interesting.

Vikirnoff was AWESOME!!! Loved that stoic, solid, ultra-supportive, badass hero. Natalya was quite the smart mouth to
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Vikirnoff finally catches up to Natalya, the woman in the photo, as she's facing off a couple of vampires and some crazed wolves in the Carpathian mountains. He's met his match in Natalya though - she's mouthy, capable, independent and powerful in her own right: she's of the Dragonseeker line, and part Mage, part Carpathian and part human. Led to believe that the hunters killed her brother and would kill her if they find her, it's a bit strange that she doesn't attack Vikirnoff beyond a moment o ...more
Karyn
Mar 23, 2009 Karyn rated it it was amazing
This has got to be my favourite book ever. I know i know i've said that for quite a few of the Carpathian Series, but if Feehan can actually top this one, then hats off to you lady.

Dark Demon had equal quantities of everything - romance, mystery, great characters, great situations, amazing conversations.. you know everything you want in a good book.

Natalya is part mage, part Carpathain and all woman. She's a movie addict with hilarious results - like calling the vampire Freddie Boy. She has grit
Debbie
Sep 18, 2009 Debbie rated it it was amazing
The only thing keeping Vikirnoff Von Shrieder from seeking out the dawn (to end his existence) was the search for a specific psychic woman that had started in the US (Dark Destiny) and finally brought him back to his home in the Carpathian Mountains. The miracle of her being his lifemate brought on fear and terror first because his first site of Natalya Shonski was of her in battle with a vampire. Growing up, Natalya and her twin Razvan learned the art of magick and she knew of Carpathians, vamp ...more
Lisa
Dec 29, 2012 Lisa rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal
I like this series. I really do. But, this is book #16 and the formula is getting a bit stale.

1. Dark, handsome Carpathian male on the verge of turning into a vampire suddenly finds his lifemate in a human or part-human woman
2. Human or part-human female hell bent on being resisitant to said Carpathian and his "dominate" ways DESPITE the fact that her panties get in a twist everytime she looks at him
3. A few vampire battles
4. Healing from said battles (chanting, soil, mystical healing through b
Jane
Jun 20, 2010 Jane rated it it was amazing
love all of Christine Feehan books, so I could be a little prejudice on that score.
This story is about Natalya who is (Carpathian, Mage and Dragonseeker who is the oldest bloodline of the Carpathians). She was also gifted with being part tiger, which she can turn into when she is cornered by the vampires. She also carries a Dragonseeker birthmark, that burns whenever a vampire gets near or in the vacinity of her. Her mage blood line comes from the Carpathians sworn enemy, who stole a Carpathian
Mary
Sep 09, 2012 Mary rated it did not like it
Absolutely awful! Terrible cliche romance-novel characters (oh, she's such a STRONG-WILLED FIGHTING WOMAN WHO CAN'T BE TAMED, oh, he's such a MANLY MAN, THE "STRONG SILENT" TYPE) and so mary-sue it was untrue (oh, she's only amazing at fighting and spells, she's only super intelligent and beautiful and also can just happen to turn into a tiger, huh?).

Read this book at random out of a terrible selection at a hostel whilst travelling - I had no idea about the Carpathian storyline, and upon finish
Elektragedia
May 22, 2015 Elektragedia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
definitivamente este libro me dio mas datos acerca de la serie, no niego me gusto, ahora ya lo que toca es terminar de leer la serie aunque con este serian cinco y van muchos, no se tiran densos ni cañones solo que la autora no se apiada de nosotros y sigue escribiendo
Iris Benson
Nov 04, 2016 Iris Benson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

This one of the best dark series book that I have read. I can't wait to read the next book.
Amyiw
Sep 22, 2011 Amyiw rated it liked it
It is really hard for me to rate these book now. This I give a 3 to on my regular scale compared to all the other books read, but I want to rate it against the other books in the series. I just don't feel that I can do that anymore as I have read some really good PNR, which is good all the way through. Lots of Kresley Cole, Nalini Singh, Larissa Ione or even Jeaniene Frost is like that. These books are just not. There are a lot of parts that are dragging and outright boring, yet the overall stor ...more
RabidReader
Nov 02, 2013 RabidReader rated it really liked it
I read this book several years ago. Found it at a used bookstore. The cover caught my eye. Guy thing. Throw fire colors, dragons and black on a cover - we'll read anything, or at least pick it up.

Decided to read it again.

Anyway, it's interesting to read one of the Carpathians books, knowing it came out years ago. So many books I've read are so similar (the Kings series by Keough, Vampire Academy (less the graphic sex stuff), but most definitely the plot lines.

One thing that I really noticed was
KatieV
Jan 15, 2016 KatieV rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
I thought this was a particularly good entry into the series. I love the series books that bring back old characters and we got to see quite a few here, even if some appearances were very brief. We only get to see Gregori quite briefly :(

This book really expanded the mythology so I enjoyed that. There have a been a few novels in this series that were just sex scene after sex scene and I found myself tuning out as I waited for the story to pick back up. YMMV, but I only require a couple of sex s
Alex is The Romance Fox
I am a devoted fan of Christine Feehan and my most favorite series is her world of the fascinating and exciting Carpathians.

I have enjoyed all books in the series but book #16, Dark Demon, I really loved. Finally we get Natalya & Virkirnoff who we have met in previous books but never together.

Natalya who is part Carpathian & Mage (loved this addition to the series with wizards, dragons) is strong, independent, skilled in the arts of mage, a fighter and a loner, who has been hiding from
Ally
Apr 02, 2008 Ally rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, 2008
Natalya Shonski is a vampire hunter, descended from a revered line of Carpathians known as the Dragonseekers and the most powerful mage in history. She hates and fears both vampires and Carpathians alike and has spent her life fighting them. Carpathian Vikirnoff van Schreider is dangerously close to turning vampire when he discovers Natalya and realises that she is his lifemate. But Natalya is unlike any other Carpathian he has ever known - dangerous in her own right, she refuses to let him figh ...more
~Megan~
Dec 01, 2010 ~Megan~ rated it really liked it
Definitely my favorite Carpathian novel so far! I loved Vikirnoff...I found him oddly sweet. I liked that he understood Natalya's need to fight and accepted her for who she was. Other Carpathians have not been so understanding.

I enjoyed seeing more of Dominic and can't wait to get to his book. Looking ahead and seeing that Razvan has his own book, I guess I can assume he's not evil or dead. I would like to know his story.

It's been a long break for me since I read my last Carpathian book, and I'
Kathrynn
Dec 24, 2007 Kathrynn rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Fans
#16 in Carpathian series and for some reason, Ms. Feehan does not include this in her Leopard Series, but this is both a Carpathian and Leopard Series book. Natalya is one of the Leopard People. Vik (is the Carpathian). It was a good read!

In the back of this book:
Appendix 1 (Carpathian Healing Chants)
Appendix 2 (Carpathian Language)

Huh! I'm sure someone thought that was necessary ;-)
Pat Cromwell
Feb 12, 2009 Pat Cromwell rated it really liked it
Originally I did not like it not even a little bit. BUT then along came Dark Celebration and the chapter dedicated to Natalyia made me go back and read Dark Demon and suddenly Natalyia is elevated to great lifemate like my girl Jaxon! Dark Curse was released and Natalyia definitely became my girl! This one is now one of my favin the series. All but the pages where my boy Gregori runs into a mishap. Other than that it was all good.
Elise-Pinterest+Goodreads=The Perfect Book Boyfriend
I had almost given up on this series. I was hoping that this book would restore my faith in the series and it delivered. I was pleased with both of the main characters and the storyline was fresh in comparison to the others. I now look forward to reading the next in the series, after a short break.
Mary Dover
Feb 06, 2014 Mary Dover rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
This book was a reread for me, because this book is absolutely amazing.
Nicole
Apr 21, 2015 Nicole rated it really liked it
Waaaaaaaaaaay better than the previous book in the series.
Malinda
4-4.5 stars

This was a really good story. I didn't have time to leave a review it when I got done and then when I tried to write a review yesterday my PC crashed and I lost the review. I'm making another attempt but is it's not as detailed as my normal reviews, it's not because of any fault of the story.

Natalya is a strong and intelligent woman. She is a descendant of the rare dragonseekers line of the Carpathian people. Because of lies and mind manipulation, Natalya doesn't have an accurate idea
Judith Parra
Aug 10, 2014 Judith Parra rated it it was amazing
SPOILERS AHEAD!!

Dark Demon is the story of Natalya Shonski and Vikirnoff Von Shreider, brother to Nicolae Von Shreider. Let me first say that I love this book! We return the dark mage's ice cave and it is just as dangerous, creepy and foreboding as always. Christine Feehan does not disappoint in this book, the settings were well described, the vampires were menacing as ever and the return of several beloved characters was just awesome.

The story starts with Natalya preparing herself for battle i
Lucinda
Mar 18, 2017 Lucinda rated it it was amazing
I loved Natalya's snarky comments and her constant references to movie monsters. Vikirnoff's bewilderment was so hilarious. Plus the way these two constantly riled each other up....just for the heck of it!

This was definitely one of Christine's more humorous novels. The way Natalya snarked at the vampires, her flamethrower experiments...She's definitely one of my favorite heroines in a long time. I would really like to see more like her.
May Mostly Romance
คริสตีน ฟีแฮนอาจจะไมใชนักเขียนคนทีริเริมเรืองราวแนวแวมไพรโรแมนซ แตกตองยอมรับความจริงกันคะวา เธอคือคนทีทำใหแวมไพรโรแมนซกลายเปนแนวนิยายขายดีจนถึงปัจจุบัน

กอนหนาทีเรือง Dark Prince ซึงเปนเลมแรกในชุดออกวางขายในปี 1999 มีหนังสือหลายเลมทีจับเอาแวมไพรมาเปนพระเอก ไมใชตัวรายอยางทีคนทัวไปคุนเคยกัน เราสามารถบอกชือนักเขียนทีเขียนเรืองแนวนีกอนหนาคริสตีนไดหลายคนเลยคะ แตนันไมใชประเดนทีเราอยากจะพูดถึงในวันนี

สิงทีเราอยากจะบอกกคือ หนังสือชุดคารพาเธียนของคริสตีน ฟีแฮนไดเปลียนโฉมหนังสือหนังสือโรแมนซ เธออาจจะไมใชคนแ
Nymphadora
Nov 12, 2016 Nymphadora rated it it was amazing
Another great love afair between the Carpathian life mates!! Natalya and Viktonoff are a match maid in heaven. It was funny and action packed. I love these books!! On to the next!!
Kathy
Dark Demon storyline question (spoiler?) 4 50 Nov 25, 2012 03:00AM
Christine Feehan ...: Dark Demon (#16) 1 5 Jan 04, 2010 07:01PM
  • After Twilight (Dark, #7)
  • Stroke of Midnight (Were-Hunter, #1.5; Nightcreature, #1.5; Vampire Huntress, #3.5)
  • Master of Wolves (Mageverse, #3)
  • Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau #6)
  • Edge of Twilight (Wings in the Night, #10)
  • Gideon (Nightwalkers, #2)
  • Primal Needs (Primes, #7)
  • Night Lost (Darkyn #4)
Christine Feehan is a #1 New York Times bestselling author multiple times over with her portfolio including over 50 published novels, including five series; Dark Series, Ghostwalker Series, Leopard Series, Drake Sisters Series, & the Sisters of the Heart Series. All five series hit the #1 spot on the New York Times bestselling list as well. Her debut novel Dark Prince received 3 of the 9 Paran ...more
More about Christine Feehan...

Dark Carpathians (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Dark Prince (Dark, #1)
  • Dark Desire (Dark, #2)
  • Dark Gold (Dark, #3)
  • Dark Magic (Dark, #4)
  • Dark Challenge (Dark, #5)
  • Dark Fire (Dark, #6)
  • Dark Dream (Dark, #7)
  • Dark Legend (Dark, #8)
  • Dark Guardian (Dark, #9)
  • Dark Symphony  (Scarletti Dynasty #2; Dark Carpathians #10)

“Betrayal is never easy to handle and there is no right way to accept it.” 215 likes
“I killed Freddie the vamp like twenty times, but he wouldn't die.
--Natalya Shonski ”