Start by marking “Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews : Pharmacology : Special Millennium Update” as Want to Read:
Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews : Pharmacology : Special Millennium Update

Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews : Pharmacology : Special Millennium Update

Students and faculty alike have attested to the extraordinary success rate of the Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews -- the unparalleled review texts that clarify the essentials students need to know for the Boards through an easy-to-use outline format. Now, this review series offers this updated Millennium Edition of Lippincott's Illustrated Review: Pharmacology, Second Edi
Published November 15th 1999 by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (first published January 1st 1992)

Wail Yar
Dec 12, 2010 Wail Yar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
أفضل كتاب فارما لمن يريد فهم الأساسيات.
Yazoo
Nov 01, 2012 Yazoo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: medical
there was no enough time for Extra reading...despite this, I was very satisfied and relaxed revising my information from this great book before the exam!
and the clinical cases were really helpful!
I'll mark it as "read" for now
but surely I'll need to use it later.
Omar
Aug 28, 2012 Omar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really nice book about Pharmacology....>
Laili
i think this one is lot better than Basic and Clinical Pharmacologybecause it is more comprehensible. yes of course, katzung is more complete compared to lippincott but i think we medical students do not need to dive to deep with pharmaco stuff. for my level i think the prototype drug is the most important for now.(i'm in preclinical phase). understanding the concept is more important. lippincott offers a simpler explanations, and it's good for someone not so bright like me.
صالح القريان
الفارما أكثر علم بالبيسك قرأت فيه من كتب. السبب بسيط لأن كليتنا تقدس الفارما.
الكتاب هذا أول كتاب فارما اقرأ فيه. سيء جداً جداً. حتى في تصنيفات الأدوية فيه أخطاء. تقسيمات سطحية جداً.
في الأعراض الجانبية يحطون لك بالغالب فقط الأكثر شيوعاً لا الأكثر خطورة (مواضع اسئلة)
الحسنة الوحيدة هي الاسئلة في آخر كل فصل. ولو إنها قليلة.

عموماً عندما ترى كلمة ليبنكوت اهرب بجلدك.
Saud Al.
Jul 18, 2013 Saud Al. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: medical
This is a good book as an introduction into the science of pharmacology. if you are really interested in that science, look for something else.
7nan
كتاب يؤسس للمعرفة في علم الدواء، يتكلم في الأساسيات والثوابت التي تُبنى عليها بقية فروع وتخصصات هذا العلم. أنصح به لطلاب الطب والصيدلة
Fatmah
May 25, 2011 Fatmah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review pictures + review chapters + pharmacology recall = complete
Hanen Alaa
Sep 17, 2014 Hanen Alaa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book
Mohamed Abouzid
Oct 26, 2016 Mohamed Abouzid rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely recommended for the new medical students and even as a reference for the pharmacology basics . Lot's of diagrams and well constructed. It shows the information rather than just telling it.
Dana
Jul 19, 2012 Dana marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
gr8
Ayman  Agour
أفضل كتاب فارماكولجى لفهم أساسيات الفارما
Kontessa
Jan 30, 2011 Kontessa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
big world !

one of the best in pharmacology science

Ola
this is the first pharmacological book i read
ديمَه بنت سُلطان
كتاب بسيط جدًا ومختصر.
Mahmoud Bassuni
Mar 01, 2017 Mahmoud Bassuni is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
حلاوته ان مهما كانت المعلومة معقدة بيبسطهالك ع اكبر قدر تطلع مستفاد بيه
Claudine
Very disappointing. The language (some Yiddishaccented English) really got on my nerves, as did the stream of consciousness dripping with pathos. The use of Holocaust pain is exploitative. The alliance of feminine experience, masculine violence, antisemitism, and sensitive Jewish musicianship is a tired cliche, but that is less awful than the whinyness of the tone, with its inverted syntax ("Always she remembered..."etc)
P-the book nerd
I practically read this book everyday for 4 months, it was very useful, although I also used Kaplan's step 1 Pharmacology with it, but I recommend this to every student taking pharmacology, it's very simple, obvious, easy to read and brief.
Gloria
Yay! Drugs made easy, big print, lots of colored diagrams with thick lines, flow charts with burgeoning arrows. at last I understand the antimetabolites and how they work. This is the way to get through pharmacology without having to read Katzung, with its pages like a phonebook
Basho
Jun 12, 2013 Basho rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved this book, one of the best in my opinion, it makes every thing simple and very easy to remember especially for people like me who like the presence of a diagram or photo that summarize a whole subject i highly recomend it
Heba TariQ
Aug 15, 2012 Heba TariQ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
لم نعهد غيره للفارماكولوجى
فى حقيقة الامر لقد درسناه حرفياً
لا اعلم هل هذااضافة لمجد (غير منقوص ) لواحد
من اكبر بروفيسورات الفارماكولوجى
ام يزيد الطين بلة فى اركان الجامعات المصرية
Sandeep Jadon
Jul 22, 2016 Sandeep Jadon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
nice book
Vishwa Kelum
very very good for me.I am not a medical student.I am a pharmacist.but this book gave me a lot of knowledge to improve my self.thanks for authors to supplying like this books.
Farfar away
Feb 18, 2011 Farfar away rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
read not 4 fun .. just 4 study
yet it's understandable & quite easy
Al Mamur
I think this will be helpful for me
Lio
Dec 18, 2009 Lio rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Teacher and student Book .. =] Mostly Gives me What I need ..
Mohamed
Mar 20, 2010 Mohamed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pharmacology is the science of the drug , I am just reviewing what I have studied
Ramy Ibrahim
Jul 21, 2014 Ramy Ibrahim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect reference for Pharmacology
  • Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
  • Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry
  • Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple
  • Goodman & Gilman's the Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics
  • Physiology (Board Review Series)
  • Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine
  • Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry
  • Medical Microbiology
  • Atlas of Human Anatomy
  • MacLeod's Clinical Examination [With DVD and Access Code]

“Mechanism of action: Both drugs are active in the G2/M phase of the cell cycle. They bind reversibly to the β-tubulin subunit, but unlike the vinca alkaloids, they promote polymerization and stabilization of the polymer rather than disassembly (Figure 39.27). Thus, they shift the depolymerization-polymerization process to accumulation of microtubules.” 1 likes