Start by marking “The Christmas Kite” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Kite

The Christmas Kite

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  78 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
The life of a single mom with a Down's syndrome eight-year-old is turned around by a mysterious kite-flying stranger who needs what she and her son have to offer as much as they need him. The spirit of the season helps this vulnerable trio to review the past with forgiveness and move on to forge loving, lasting bonds.
Published November 1st 2003 by Steeple Hill

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Kite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Kite

Marg
Dec 28, 2010 Marg rated it it was amazing
This is a great book. I think it is Gail's best one.
Grace Augustine
Aug 03, 2015 Grace Augustine rated it it was amazing
I always look in the bargain bins at Half Price Books for new to me authors...especially ones with catchy titles or covers. I chose this book and several others and put them in my TBR stack when I got home. That was two years ago. I just finished this book last night. I can honestly say it is one of the best books I've read in a very long time. Anyone who has lost someone close to them, who has endured tragedy needs to read this lovely message of hope. The characters were wonderfully created and ...more
Carole Jarvis
Nov 05, 2012 Carole Jarvis rated it really liked it
Tender romance between two lonely people who learn how to deal with past hurts and grow to love and trust again. Special needs child with Down Syndrome steals your heart. Enjoyable read with great application of spiritual truths.
Sandy M
Jul 26, 2011 Sandy M rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I’m still searching for that feel-good Christmas story, and I think I’m about out of time for this year. While this book is an emotional and up-lifting story, it really doesn’t have a whole lot to do with Christmas, just as the previous four or five books I’ve read in the past month. To me, if the word Christmas appears in the title of a book, the majority of the book should be about that holiday, set during that season, and anything else to do with yuletide. So far I’ve been a little disappoint ...more
Renetta DeBoer
Jan 17, 2016 Renetta DeBoer rated it really liked it
Aww! This book was so cute! Mac is so cute. I love the way he thinks for a Down Syndrome kid. I love his obsession with kites and that he adores Jordan the "kite man" even though hes not family Mac treats him as if he were his real father. Jordan becomes such a good friend. I would not blame the kid for thinking such. Such a cute story with cute characters and a cute theme. I love it!
Janine
Nov 14, 2013 Janine rated it really liked it
"The Christmas Kite" by Gail Gaymer Martin is a sweet story that really doesn't have a whole lot to do with Christmas. Sure it is mentioned but not like I thought it would have been.

This is a story of a widowed mom, Meara, who is learning how to live again after the death of her husband and leaving her in-laws home. She has a wonderful son, and a strong faith in God, but not too much faith in others it seems.

Jordan on the other hand is a professor of literature who is hiding out as a way to at
Tasha enderby
Dec 20, 2012 Tasha enderby rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas, 2012
This is a spiritually uplifting book, I am not too sure where I got it from but it rings with a good Christan message. I was afraid all the books that got chose this year were very secular. I went with Library selections and what was bought sat year on sale. Despite this book not having an all Christmas theme it does wrap up a happily ever after with a Christmas engagement. We all want Christmas to ring with love, joy and miracles. This story walks through hardships that only life can bring for ...more
Susan Turnbull
Oct 06, 2014 Susan Turnbull rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic book about God's grace, love, and healing ways. I have a son with Down Syndrome so I could relate to Meara's hopes and fears; though there were times when I wanted to chastise her for holding on too tight. It really does make a difference whether you have people supporting you no matter what your circumstances are.
Lois Rixner
Dec 29, 2015 Lois Rixner rated it really liked it
A little preachy, but a good read
Laurie D'ghent
Jun 09, 2016 Laurie D'ghent rated it liked it
Good, for a light, fluffy book.
Loraine
Meara Hayden and her Down's syndrome son, Mac, have suffered tragedy, heartache, fear, loneliness and shaken faith. Jordan Baird has suffered the same feeling as well as guilt and little faith. Circumstances bring them together and their love for Mac heals them both.

Wonderfully realistic characters and a great storyline made this a a great read.
Angela
Somewhat treacly and really only Christmas at the very end. A little hackneyed but a quick okay read.
Lori Weller
Nov 16, 2012 Lori Weller rated it liked it
I enjoy reading Gail's books. This one was one of her better ones.
Melissa
Apr 20, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
A heart warming story that was an enjoyable read.
Katherine
Aug 03, 2011 Katherine rated it it was ok
Involved too much religion
Linda
Apr 08, 2013 Linda rated it it was amazing
was a wonderful book
Barbara Sutton
Barbara Sutton marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Ellen
Ellen added it
Jul 08, 2016
Rachel Phillips
Rachel Phillips rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Mary Lou McKinney
Mary Lou McKinney marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Summer Mason-Fitzhugh
Summer Mason-Fitzhugh marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Nikki H
Nikki H marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Darlene Muscoe
Darlene Muscoe rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Multi-award-winning novelist, Gail Gaymer Martin writes Christian fiction for Winged Publications with many books published by Love Inspired and Barbour Publishing, where she was honored by Heartsong readers as their Favorite Author of 2008. Gail has sixty four published novels or novellas with four million books in print. She is the author of Writers Digest’s Writing the Christian Romance. Gail i ...more
More about Gail Gaymer Martin...