Start by marking “The $50 Home Makeover: 75 Easy Projects to Transform Your Current Space Into Your Dream Place--For $50 or Less!” as Want to Read:

Stunning and easy projects for less than $50 each!

With The $50 Home Makeover, you can finally turn your living space into your home! This inspiring book offers 75 fun and creative ideas that will help give your place the stylish, modern look that you've always wanted--without having to spend a fortune. Each of these imaginative ideas cost less than $50 to bring to life and
Published July 18th 2014 by Adams Media Corporation (first published May 18th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The $50 Home Makeover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The $50 Home Makeover

Shannon
Oct 10, 2015 Shannon rated it it was ok
It's interesting that the $50 projects in this book generally DO NOT include the cost of the furniture, lamps or art work you are transforming. The $50 cost is the paint, craft supplies or tools you will need. While I enjoy flipping through DIY books such as this one, the farm house/cottage/vintage clutter styles rarely inspire me to attempt a project. I find homes they feature to be busy and full of clutter and these projects seem to encourage making or buying more stuff. That said there are ...more
Tracey Solomon
Sep 10, 2014 Tracey Solomon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Attainable beauty

fresh ideas. Simple, clear instructions. a great book for inspiration or for construction and design tips. delivers as promised in the title.
Cheryl
Dec 13, 2014 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Some neat ideas.
Annie
Nov 01, 2015 Annie rated it liked it
Short version: get something with a surface area and slap milk paint on it. Or get something with a surface area, slap paint on it and then distress it.
It could be a useful resource for someone who has NEVER picked up a paintbrush before...but the projects are really self explanatory.

The projects are not home makeovers in any sense of the word. They are decorative objects small furniture and some soft furnishings (with paint slapped on).

I really did enjoy the writing and photography though and
Tracy
Oct 27, 2014 Tracy rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I'm not sure why I read books about remodeling or interior decorating because truthfully most of my furnishings have been the same since the '70s and I am too lazy and cheap to bother to redecorate.

However some of the easy projects that I could do in this book are duct taping the legs of an end table or chair with some cool patterned duct tape. I think I could totally do the Simple Chalkboard on a wall or door. I like the idea of Paper Covered Books or do the Aged Book Bundles to make a book she
Anna Marie
Aug 02, 2016 Anna Marie rated it did not like it
Gawd-awful decorating in mostly stark, colorless settings by a blogger compiling crap to make a buck into a book that only a library would buy. DIY projects like 'contact paper your counter' (!?!) or the oh-so-brilliant 'paint a bushel basket to match your sofa pillows'. I'm still (((((O_o))))) over this book. WHY??? Nobody wants stark rooms lacking in class and grace. It's all 'distress your dresser' and 'washi tape the legs of your table'... and it's just tasteless and not even pleasant to ...more
Mar 05, 2015 Laura rated it liked it
There are some good ideas in here, but I found a lot of the projects to be similar. For example, there are several ways to finish a dresser or coffee table. All good ideas, but what if you're not interested in refinishing your dresser?

If you're looking for painting tips and ideas, or up cycling projects, this is worth checking out. However, a lot of the projects have a similar homespun aesthetic, which may not be for everyone.
Rachel Wright
Oct 24, 2014 Rachel Wright rated it liked it
This book was mostly focused on furniture, and I was more interested in subtle accents. If you are looking for major changes to your home for under $50 (depending on where you live), this book will be more helpful for you.
Patty
Beginning: Paint something.
Middle: Paint something else.
Ending: Paint something else, again.

Conclusion: Skip the book. All you need is $50 in paint, with the occasional hot glue gun and recycled something or other piece of wood.
Lesley
Sep 02, 2015 Lesley rated it liked it
Some nifty plans, but not sure the style is right for me, but gave me some great inspiration.

2015 reading challenge - a nonfiction book
Erin
Nov 11, 2015 Erin rated it it was ok
This has some nice tips for painting furniture, but most of the projects are for people who never would have thought to paint their furniture if it weren't in the book.
Jessica
Feb 19, 2016 Jessica rated it really liked it
Great ideas!
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Aug 30, 2014
Jane
Jane rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Cathy
Cathy rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2015
Oct 18, 2014
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2014
Kristin
Kristin rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2016
Jodie
Jodie rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2015
Joan
Joan rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2015
Alana Williams
Alana Williams rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2014
Mary P.
Mary P. rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2014
Hillary
Hillary rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2015
Marlyne
Marlyne rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2015
Marsie
Marsie rated it it was ok
May 08, 2015