Start by marking “Eckhart Tolle's Findhorn Retreat: Stillness Amidst the World” as Want to Read:
Eckhart Tolle's Findhorn Retreat: Stillness Amidst the World

Eckhart Tolle's Findhorn Retreat: Stillness Amidst the World

Best-selling author and spiritual guide Eckhart Tolle led a remarkable two-day retreat at Findhorn, Scotland, a community on the leading edge of personal and global transformation. His weekend talks, captured on audio, create a deeply moving experience for listeners. Speaking on the subject of stillness, which he describes as a doorway into the Now and to true personal enl ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published September 20th 2005 by New World Library (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Eckhart Tolle's Findhorn Retreat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eckhart Tolle's Findhorn Retreat

Joseph Young
Nov 12, 2011 Joseph Young rated it really liked it
At first when I read this book, I thought Eckhart Tolle was taking a stand against thinking when speaking of stillness, so felt somewhat put off by it. It was only later that I realized that he was talking in great generalities about the specific type or form of thinking related in creating an identity for yourself. I ended up re-listening to the first 2 cds a couple times.

Tolle goes through many traps people create for themselves, including creating a false identity; an expectation of certain
Maria Carmo
This wonderful book by Eckhart Tolle is a wonderful inspiration to look at Nature and find, within our Heart, the creative Silence that can transform our life. Like other books by this author, it is a wonderful journey into the discovery of the unknown, the freedom of pure Being. Tolle always reminds me of Krishnamurti, yet his writing is even more accessible.

Absolutely a GOODREAD!

Maria Carmo,

Lisboa 5th. March 2012

Este maravilhoso livro de Eckhart Tolle constitui uma excelente inspiração para ol
Lynne-marie
Apr 08, 2009 Lynne-marie rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books
This is a recording from a retreat at which Ekhardt Tolle spoke about his spiritual teachings. It is especially useful because one gets to hear him speak in his own voice about the mysteries he addresses in his books, and sometimes, just the way he speaks of them opens the door that was before shut. It is also worth noting that the compassion that typifies his writing is present to a notable degree in his audio presence. Having heard him, one is able to go back to the books with a gentler sense ...more
suzy
Apr 05, 2008 suzy rated it it was amazing
I reluctantly stepped onto the Eckhart Tolle bandwagon and am reading "A New Earth" but I tried to rip the "Oprah's book club" sticker off the cover. I think Tolle comes across better through listening than through reading for me, so I loved this CD. He has such a great sense of humor and after listening to "Stillness Admist the World" I have added him to my smart spiritual Heros Hall of Fame. My Hall of Fame includes Pope John Paul II, Pope Ben(maybe I now love German accents?), Hugh Prather, L ...more
Joyce
Jun 23, 2015 Joyce rated it really liked it
Shelves: inspiration
Eckhart Tolle has a wonderful way of explaining the essence of who we are and the stillness within. He speaks softly and slowly.

This book/dvd set is based on his earlier books, A New Earth and The Power of Now. I think reading either A New Earth or the Power of Now first is better because it gives you the opportunity to reflect on the meaning at your own pace.

Later, listening to this talk is a nice reminder/reinforcement, but there's not a lot of new content in Findhorn. For that reason, I dro
Kevin Summers
Jan 20, 2015 Kevin Summers rated it really liked it
Sample quote: “So, no words can really ever express the exact truth. You have to allow for the fact that language is never quite right and especially is never quite right when you begin to speak of spiritual truths, the formless, because every word is form and ultimately can only function by expressing--reflecting--something in the world of form. And then it becomes difficult when language is used to express something that is beyond form. And that’s why Jesus used parables.”
Peter
Aug 23, 2013 Peter rated it really liked it
I was caught off balance back by this audio recording. It was a random download made in a hurry – probably prompted by a youthful fascination of the Findhorn Community. Within the first minute or so, realising what it was, I had a strong urge to switch it off; but having nothing else to listen to on a long walk.... I let it play on. At it's core is a simple concept and technique. I can only do it for 2-3 seconds at a time – but it seems to work for me.
Thea
Dec 30, 2012 Thea rated it it was amazing
I personally love eckhart! I have gotten some good things listening to him. To each his own, however, I'll take this information...I find it easier to understand than some eastern culture readings...
Jacqueline Snider
It is fabulous to see him live. I have never watched him give a talk before and he is surprisingly funny. It's worth watching, but deserves more than one watch to be sure!
Mark Fullarton
Jul 04, 2012 Mark Fullarton rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Within 5minutes of starting this beautiful vide-talk, I found my self in a more relaxed and joyful headspace. Of coarse I find that everytime I liosten to Eckhart speak. ;)
Kay
Sep 27, 2010 Kay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good-reads, personal
This little book is great.
Like a clean out for my head.
I didn't watch the DVDs but the book is very calming, very philosophical, if you like that sort of thing.
Amy
Feb 04, 2013 Amy rated it it was amazing
Listened to this and found it to be a great addition to understanding Eckhart Tolle. Just need to take time to get through and it is definitely worth the time.
subterraneanhomesickalien
Mar 04, 2009 subterraneanhomesickalien rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to laugh at the fact that some idiots actually buy into this crap.
Consider the daffodil.... and while you're doing that, I'll just be over here, going through your stuff.
Michelle Mormul
Aug 12, 2015 Michelle Mormul rated it really liked it
He helps find stillness anywhere because there is already stillness within us.
Tara
Mar 09, 2010 Tara rated it it was amazing
Love the audio, the book would instantly put me to sleep.
Jacqueline Powell
Feb 23, 2013 Jacqueline Powell rated it really liked it
Discusson of principles in his first two books. Helpful.
Heidi Domian
Apr 26, 2011 Heidi Domian rated it really liked it
He is a very weird and funny guy! Enjoyed this.
Melody
Jul 29, 2008 Melody rated it it was amazing
WOW!
Juliana
Jun 24, 2014 Juliana rated it it was ok
Boooooring
Taneka
Dec 16, 2010 Taneka rated it liked it
This was a short read and honestly the only thing wonderful about it was the pictures. I recommend reading his previous books. Either Power of Now or A New Earth.
Oct 23, 2008 Sarah added it
Well, I saw this and he makes some hilarious faces on it. Too many camera shots of the crowd though.
Madamlasher
Amazing, this man is a living Buddha and an inspiration in this crazy world...
Christine Jolley
Nov 12, 2008 Christine Jolley rated it liked it
Only halfway through, but loving it.
Kingchiboss
Kingchiboss marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Wendy Hansuk
Wendy Hansuk marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Martha
Martha marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Basavaraju Ym
Basavaraju Ym marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
  • Buddha Mind, Buddha Body: Walking Toward Enlightenment
  • The Diamond in Your Pocket: Discovering Your True Radiance
  • Who Would You Be Without Your Story?: Dialogues with Byron Katie
  • Dieu est un pote a moi
  • L'Âme du monde
  • Psychic Children: Revealing the Intuitive Gifts and Hidden Abilities of Boys and Girls
  • Osho Zen Tarot
  • Mystics and Zen Masters
  • The Turning Point: Creating Resilience in a Time of Extremes
  • Meditations for Manifesting: Morning and Evening Meditations to Literally Create Your Heart's Desire
  • A Year of Living Consciously: 365 Daily Inspirations for Creating a Life of Passion and Purpose
  • Speaking Peace: Connecting with Others Through Nonviolent Communication
  • The Dark Night of the Soul: A Psychiatrist Explores the Connection Between Darkness and Spiritual Growth
  • The Hands of the Buddha
  • Angel Therapy: Healing Messages for Every Area of Your Life
  • The Jewel Tree of Tibet: The Enlightenment Engine of Tibetan Buddhism
  • The Heart of Buddhist Meditation: The Buddha's Way of Mindfulness
  • Elizabeth I CEO: Strategic Lessons from the Leader Who Built an Empire
Eckhart Tolle , born Ulrich Leonard Tolle, February 16, 1948, is a German-born writer, public speaker, and spiritual teacher. The New York Times has called him "the most popular spiritual author in the nation". He is the author of the bestsellers "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth".
Tolle had an unhappy childhood in Germany and Spain. His depression reached its peak during early adulthood in Engla
More about Eckhart Tolle...

“Let go of excessive thinking and see how everything changes. Your relationships change because you don't demand that the other person should do something for you to enhance your sense of self. You don't compare yourself to others or try to be more than someone else to strengthen your sense of identity.” 7 likes
“The voice in the head that never stops speaking becomes a civilization that is obsessed with form and therefore knows nothing of the most important dimension of human existence: the sacred, the stillness, the formless, the divine.” 4 likes