Start by marking “Eckhart Tolle's Findhorn Retreat: Stillness Amidst the World” as Want to Read:
Eckhart Tolle's Findhorn Retreat: Stillness Amidst the World

Eckhart Tolle's Findhorn Retreat: Stillness Amidst the World

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  367 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Best-selling author and spiritual guide Eckhart Tolle led a remarkable two-day retreat at Findhorn, Scotland, a community on the leading edge of personal and global transformation. His weekend talks, captured on audio, create a deeply moving experience for listeners. Speaking on the subject of stillness, which he describes as a doorway into the Now and to true personal enl ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published September 20th 2005 by New World Library (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Eckhart Tolle's Findhorn Retreat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eckhart Tolle's Findhorn Retreat

subterraneanhomesickalien
Mar 04, 2009 subterraneanhomesickalien rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to laugh at the fact that some idiots actually buy into this crap.
Consider the daffodil.... and while you're doing that, I'll just be over here, going through your stuff.
Joseph Young
At first when I read this book, I thought Eckhart Tolle was taking a stand against thinking when speaking of stillness, so felt somewhat put off by it. It was only later that I realized that he was talking in great generalities about the specific type or form of thinking related in creating an identity for yourself. I ended up re-listening to the first 2 cds a couple times.

Tolle goes through many traps people create for themselves, including creating a false identity; an expectation of certain
Kevin Summers
Sample quote: “So, no words can really ever express the exact truth. You have to allow for the fact that language is never quite right and especially is never quite right when you begin to speak of spiritual truths, the formless, because every word is form and ultimately can only function by expressing--reflecting--something in the world of form. And then it becomes difficult when language is used to express something that is beyond form. And that’s why Jesus used parables.”
Maria Carmo
This wonderful book by Eckhart Tolle is a wonderful inspiration to look at Nature and find, within our Heart, the creative Silence that can transform our life. Like other books by this author, it is a wonderful journey into the discovery of the unknown, the freedom of pure Being. Tolle always reminds me of Krishnamurti, yet his writing is even more accessible.

Absolutely a GOODREAD!

Maria Carmo,

Lisboa 5th. March 2012

Este maravilhoso livro de Eckhart Tolle constitui uma excelente inspiração para ol
Lynne-marie
This is a recording from a retreat at which Ekhardt Tolle spoke about his spiritual teachings. It is especially useful because one gets to hear him speak in his own voice about the mysteries he addresses in his books, and sometimes, just the way he speaks of them opens the door that was before shut. It is also worth noting that the compassion that typifies his writing is present to a notable degree in his audio presence. Having heard him, one is able to go back to the books with a gentler sense ...more
suzy
I reluctantly stepped onto the Eckhart Tolle bandwagon and am reading "A New Earth" but I tried to rip the "Oprah's book club" sticker off the cover. I think Tolle comes across better through listening than through reading for me, so I loved this CD. He has such a great sense of humor and after listening to "Stillness Admist the World" I have added him to my smart spiritual Heros Hall of Fame. My Hall of Fame includes Pope John Paul II, Pope Ben(maybe I now love German accents?), Hugh Prather, L ...more
Peter
I was caught off balance back by this audio recording. It was a random download made in a hurry – probably prompted by a youthful fascination of the Findhorn Community. Within the first minute or so, realising what it was, I had a strong urge to switch it off; but having nothing else to listen to on a long walk.... I let it play on. At it's core is a simple concept and technique. I can only do it for 2-3 seconds at a time – but it seems to work for me.
Thea
I personally love eckhart! I have gotten some good things listening to him. To each his own, however, I'll take this information...I find it easier to understand than some eastern culture readings...
Jacqueline Snider
It is fabulous to see him live. I have never watched him give a talk before and he is surprisingly funny. It's worth watching, but deserves more than one watch to be sure!
Mark Fullarton
Jul 04, 2012 Mark Fullarton rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Within 5minutes of starting this beautiful vide-talk, I found my self in a more relaxed and joyful headspace. Of coarse I find that everytime I liosten to Eckhart speak. ;)
Kay
This little book is great.
Like a clean out for my head.
I didn't watch the DVDs but the book is very calming, very philosophical, if you like that sort of thing.
Taneka
This was a short read and honestly the only thing wonderful about it was the pictures. I recommend reading his previous books. Either Power of Now or A New Earth.
Amy
Listened to this and found it to be a great addition to understanding Eckhart Tolle. Just need to take time to get through and it is definitely worth the time.
Oct 23, 2008 Sarah added it
Well, I saw this and he makes some hilarious faces on it. Too many camera shots of the crowd though.
Madamlasher
Amazing, this man is a living Buddha and an inspiration in this crazy world...
Tara
Love the audio, the book would instantly put me to sleep.
Jacqueline Powell
Discusson of principles in his first two books. Helpful.
Heidi Domian
He is a very weird and funny guy! Enjoyed this.
Christine Jolley
Only halfway through, but loving it.
Ben Stewart
Ben Stewart marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Princeton
Princeton marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Cecelia
Cecelia marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Cenk Kiral
Cenk Kiral marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Margaret.Shek
Margaret.Shek marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
  • The Diamond in Your Pocket: Discovering Your True Radiance
  • Buddha Mind, Buddha Body: Walking Toward Enlightenment
  • L'Âme du monde
  • Who Would You Be Without Your Story?: Dialogues with Byron Katie
  • Psychic Children: Revealing the Intuitive Gifts and Hidden Abilities of Boys and Girls
  • Osho Zen Tarot
  • Angel Therapy: Healing Messages for Every Area of Your Life
  • Mystics and Zen Masters
  • The Turning Point: Creating Resilience in a Time of Extremes
  • The Dark Night of the Soul: A Psychiatrist Explores the Connection Between Darkness and Spiritual Growth
  • The Jewel Tree of Tibet: The Enlightenment Engine of Tibetan Buddhism
  • The Hands of the Buddha
  • Meditations for Manifesting: Morning and Evening Meditations to Literally Create Your Heart's Desire
  • The Leader's Way: Business, Buddhism And Happiness In An Interconnected World
  • Final Beginnings
  • What Would Buddha Do?: 101 Answers to Life's Daily Dilemmas
  • A Year of Living Consciously: 365 Daily Inspirations for Creating a Life of Passion and Purpose
  • A Search in Secret India
Eckhart Tolle , born Ulrich Leonard Tolle, February 16, 1948, is a German-born writer, public speaker, and spiritual teacher. The New York Times has called him "the most popular spiritual author in the nation". He is the author of the bestsellers "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth".
Tolle had an unhappy childhood in Germany and Spain. His depression reached its peak during early adulthood in Engla
More about Eckhart Tolle...
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment Practicing the Power of Now: Essential Teachings, Meditations, and Exercises from the Power of Now Stillness Speaks Guardians of Being

“Let go of excessive thinking and see how everything changes. Your relationships change because you don't demand that the other person should do something for you to enhance your sense of self. You don't compare yourself to others or try to be more than someone else to strengthen your sense of identity.” 3 likes
“When you awaken, nature awakens, too.” 2 likes