Start by marking “Living a Life of Inner Peace” as Want to Read:
Living a Life of Inner Peace

Living a Life of Inner Peace

For Eckhart Tolle and the millions whose lives he's touched, words that are spoken from a state of presence can carry seekers into that same state, the basis for all true spiritual teachings. Beyond the information that is being conveyed, something deeper happens. For the listener, a field of alert stillness arises where before there was mental noise, signaling the entry t ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published August 30th 2004 by New World Library

To ask other readers questions about Living a Life of Inner Peace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living a Life of Inner Peace

WhatAnnaWrites (Anna Wawrzyniak)
Truly spot-on.
Jen Mays
Feb 21, 2016 Jen Mays rated it really liked it
How many people spend every moment of their life fully present to the moment? It seems like it should be a simple task and yet humans, especially today, are so focused on what comes next and how to get there that the "now" moments come and go without ever being missed, until one reaches a point in the path when they look back and realize that those moments are gone forever. They can't ever be made up or replaced. These are the concepts that Tolle explores in "The Power of Now."

This is a short au
Tina
Apr 02, 2013 Tina rated it liked it
Hard to follow, wordy and conversational lecture, mildly entertaining, not terribly helpful to me, personally. Tolle's European accent and hypnotic timbre lends an air of intelligence and well being but seriously...get to the point! LIVE IN THE NOW! Quiet your mind. Meditation does this as well. According to Tolle, if one doesn't get his ideas, the problem lies within them. Self-serving? I think "the Emperor's New Clothes" are nudity.

His ideas on gratitude and acceptance, even in the face of ill
Lynne-marie
Apr 08, 2009 Lynne-marie rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books
gina
Nov 04, 2011 gina rated it it was amazing
Truly an amazing audiobook. I listened to this informal talk given by Eckhart and was struck dumb by his way with words, ideas and his presence. I was at peace during this talk in a way that was much more zen that I am usually capable of being! I'm about to dl everything the library has and go on a Tolle marathon. If you're like me, and constantly trying to find a way to be better, more at peace, more calm, more kind- then get this audio. Fantastic.
Kevin Summers
Dec 12, 2014 Kevin Summers rated it really liked it
Sample quote: “That sense of self that is based on thought includes even emotions. … When they become a self, an identity, a ‘me,’ that’s where delusion starts and that’s where life becomes very problematic because that ‘me’ that is created by thought, that sense of self … never feels complete, never feels at ease for very long.”
Emily
Dec 27, 2010 Emily rated it it was amazing
This is the most accessible Eckhart Tolle work I've encountered so far. There are several laugh-out-loud moments in this short and sweet (2 hr., 16 min.) lecture about finding peace by living in the present moment. A great introduction for folks new to his simple, yet profound message.
Allen Herring
May 29, 2015 Allen Herring rated it really liked it
decent funny conversation on how to be present. enjoyable.
Liz
Feb 08, 2014 Liz rated it liked it
I wish there was a 2.5 starts. My issue with this book was it was a lot of repeating what was in "The Power of Now". While there was a lot of good reminding and examples, it again, was too repetitive for me. Also , unrelated but, I listened to it on audiobook, and I couldn't stand Eckhart's Tolle's laughter..there was something deeply annoying about it.
Michelle Mormul
Jul 29, 2015 Michelle Mormul rated it really liked it
It has the same principles a Practicing the Power of Now.
Andrea Wallace
Sep 14, 2014 Andrea Wallace rated it it was ok
Audio book had a live audience and was distracting.
Justina
A great lecture reminding us to stay in the present moment and let go of our egos.
Michelle
May 18, 2009 Michelle rated it it was ok
Shelves: selfhelp, audiobooks
Whew! I find Tolle difficult to follow. I thought that an audiobook would be easier, but not so much. I know that there is a lot of wisdom there, but I really have to focus intently on what he's saying to get any benefit from his wisdom. And, it is a little distracting that his laugh makes him sound like a creepy sex maniac...
Travis
Jul 12, 2012 Travis rated it really liked it
This is more of a freestyle lecture. I don't know how I came across it. I think it was referenced in an article by Adam Yauch. It's about living in the now and not in the past or the future. The same thing a million books are about.
Gugu
Apr 21, 2011 Gugu rated it liked it
its hard to always have peace cause i work with people alot and this book is helping me alot
Nov 24, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Audio book on a car trip. I will listen to it again on the way home.
Jenifer
Funnier than I expected, but less inspiring than I'd hoped.
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Diana Orbegozo
Diana Orbegozo rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2016
Sonia
Sonia rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2016
Raghoooodeh
Raghoooodeh marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
Christy Robertson
Christy Robertson marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Libby
Libby marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2016
Rebecca Tversky
Rebecca Tversky marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
مَشَاعِل
مَشَاعِل marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Pavel
Pavel rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2016
Trish V
Trish V is currently reading it
Aug 23, 2016
  • The Diamond in Your Pocket: Discovering Your True Radiance
  • Meditation: Achieving Inner Peace and Tranquility In Your Life
  • Walking Wisdom: Three Generations, Two Dogs, and the Search for a Happy Life
  • True Happiness [With 1 Card]
  • The Grand Babylon Hotel
  • The New Rules of Marriage: What You Need to Know to Make Love Work
  • Reclaim Your Brain: How to Calm Your Thoughts, Heal Your Mind, and Bring Your Life Back Under Control
  • The Book of Understanding: Creating Your Own Path to Freedom
  • You Were Born for This: Seven Keys to a Life of Predictable Miracles
  • Polishing the Mirror: How to Live from Your Spiritual Heart
  • Wisdom from the Four Agreements
  • Everyday Wisdom
  • Your Soul's Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born
  • The Key: The Missing Secret for Attracting Anything You Want
  • The True Measure of a Man: How Perceptions of Success, Achievement, & Recognition Fail Men in Difficult Times
  • Set Free to Live Free: Breaking Through the 7 Lies Women Tell Themselves
  • Marianne Williamson On Miracles
  • The Alcoholism & Addiction Cure: A Holistic Approach to Total Recovery
Eckhart Tolle , born Ulrich Leonard Tolle, February 16, 1948, is a German-born writer, public speaker, and spiritual teacher. The New York Times has called him "the most popular spiritual author in the nation". He is the author of the bestsellers "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth".
Tolle had an unhappy childhood in Germany and Spain. His depression reached its peak during early adulthood in Engla
More about Eckhart Tolle...