Start by marking “I Love You Always and Forever” as Want to Read:
I Love You Always and Forever

I Love You Always and Forever

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  123 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Longtail is so much faster than Littletail. He's also so much cleverer. But that won't be forever, Longtail tells Littletail. At the end of a busy and tiring day, as Littletail curls up in their nest, Longtail reminds her of the one thing that will stay the same - always and forever.
Unknown Binding, 24 pages
Published February 1st 2007 by Not Avail (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about I Love You Always and Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love You Always and Forever

Allison Sprong
Feb 01, 2016 Allison Sprong rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
1. I Love You Always and Forever is a sweet story about a father and daughter mouse. Longtail and Littletail spend their day playing in the forest. Littletail over and over again compares herself to Longtail. She thinks he always does things better than she can. However with each comparison, Longtail reassures Littletail that these things will not always be forever because she will grow bigger soon enough! This endearing story ends with Longtail telling Littletail how the only thing that will st ...more
burnspenn
Apr 06, 2015 burnspenn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another book that I think I enjoyed more than Lyra (25 months). It's very reminiscent of Little Nutbrown Hare in that it's a cute, simple story with a loving animal daddy figure, or other male caretaker, since it doesn't actually specify the relationship, just uses male pronouns for the "Long Tail" and female for "Little Tail." This might go over better for the under-2 crowd. Lyra seems to be at a point now where she prefers stories with a little more going on. This would be a sweet book ...more
Heidi
I like this parent-child "I love you" book, because the parent refers repeatedly to how the child will grow up to be like the parent. And then ending that the one things that won't change is they will always love the child. Cute and sentimental. Predictable but just right for the young crowd. Still, not what I'm looking for in my Love storytime. Perhaps I'll keep it on display though.
Jazmin Palma
This is a lovely book to read to a child. I first read it to my daughter and she loved it, then she was like my turn. And she read it to be, well she was telling me the story by looking at the illustration and at the end she said, "I love you, mami."
I would use this book as a read aloud and then have children draw a picture about something they do with their parents.
Amy
Dec 06, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the story of Littletail and Longtail Mouse. Littletail and Longtail were playing in the forest. “Catch me if you can!” said Littletail. She wanted to play with her Daddy. Littletail may have been fast but of course Longtail was faster. He scooped up Littletail. “You always catch me!” cried Littletail. “Well it won’t be forever” said Longtail. Throughout the day they played other games like hide and go seek and follow the leader. Always Longtail caught Littletail but he always reminded he ...more
Cj Lee
Oct 13, 2013 Cj Lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: social-emotional
This book shows a love of father to his young daughter. I like how the father always tells his daughter that someday she will grow up to be an adult just like her father. He tells her that she will grow to be faster and stronger then her father. Even though she is young, her father never tells her that she cannot do something; instead he tells her she will do it better when she gets bigger. The father shows his daughter unconditional love.

The learning experience would be to teach children about
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
This is a fantastic board book, as not only is it a story about a father mouse and his young daughter, but it's a beautiful story that no matter how children grow, their parents will always love them. As a parent, I loved that power message. Jonathan Emmett does a fantastic job at expressing the ways the father will always love his young daughter, no matter what she can or can't do.

This is story is a hit with my children, as the illustrations are great, the story is powerful and fun, and it's a
Katieb (MundieMoms)

Ckolleen
Angelina
Lovely pictures!
Ali
Oct 04, 2010 Ali rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The reason I liked this book so much was becasue it was about a daddy mouse and his little girl. So many of the books written are mother and child books. My girls like the pictures and think that the mice are cute.
Terri
Feb 26, 2008 Terri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is just one example of a family love book that totally eclipses Munsch's Love You Forever! The love between the father and young mouse is genuine, normal, and expressed in beautiful terms and charming interaction.
Michelle Carter
May 02, 2010 Michelle Carter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book about how our children change and how we as parents change, but the one thing that always remains the same is how much we love our children. Sweet book.
Jody Lewandowski
Slightly more sophisticated theme - asks children to think into the future. But the illustrations and the comforting story are just right for story times.
Edna
Another sweet book parent-child book with father mouse and little mouse playing in the woods and commenting on who does what because he is bigger or smaller.
Shane
Sep 19, 2008 Shane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyed this children's book. It's one I can enjoy reading over and over; (which is what we do at our house)!
Jasmin Thompson
Another great book to teach children about learning to love and appreciate the people who take care of them.
Shelly
Feb 11, 2009 Shelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book to read to kids with attachment issues.
Sasha
May 16, 2011 Sasha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love reading it with my daughter.
Ruth
Oct 03, 2010 Ruth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Mother's Day Book
Suzy Platt
Jul 19, 2014 Suzy Platt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mya
very lovely childrens book
Christine Turner
Illustrations are very sweet.
Molly Craig
Sep 11, 2009 Molly Craig rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute!
Hai Mai
Hai Mai rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2016
Julia
Julia added it
Aug 22, 2016
Gaile Wilson
Gaile Wilson rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2016
Alexandr Ryndin
Alexandr Ryndin marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Nizam uddin
Nizam uddin rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2016
Colleen Tucker
Colleen Tucker marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
  • The Grandpa Book
  • Love and Kisses
  • A Mama for Owen
  • Tweak Tweak
  • Don't You Feel Well, Sam?
  • You Are My I Love You
  • Happy Halloween, Biscuit!
  • The Easter Egg
  • The Sniffles for Bear
  • Oh! What a Surprise!
  • For the Love of Music : the remarkable story of Maria Anna Mozart
  • The Lonely Scarecrow

Jonathan Emmett was born in Leicestershire in 1965, the son of a factory fitter and a primary school teacher.

Jonathan loved books from an early age and some of his earliest memories are of visiting his local library. The picture books that he borrowed then, including Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak, The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss and Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson h

More about Jonathan Emmett...