Start by marking “Managing Time (HBR 20-Minute Manager Series)” as Want to Read:
Managing Time (HBR 20-Minute Manager Series)

Managing Time (HBR 20-Minute Manager Series)

Does it seem like you never have enough time to get everything done? Keeping on top of your tasks, deadlines, and work schedule can be daunting. Managing Time quickly walks you through the basics. You’ll learn to:

• Assess how you spend your time now
• Prioritize your tasks
• Plan the right time to work on each one
• Avoid procrastination and interruptions

Don't have much tim
Published June 3rd 2014 by Harvard Business Review Press (first published February 28th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Managing Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Managing Time

Bizzy Day
Sep 12, 2016 Bizzy Day rated it it was amazing
Can't get enough of these books. This has been particularly helpful in getting me on track and making the most of my time. I felt it unnecessary to use the time log took - I already have a good handle on what I do with my time. But working out a structure has been really great. A practical action book that I totally recommend.
Greg
Jun 25, 2015 Greg rated it really liked it
Everybody wants to make the most out of their 24 hours a day. However few are well skilled in terms on how to do it right.

This book from Harvard Business School Press provides several practical pieces of advice on how one can properly manage his time. The content of this book is simple enough for one to follow. It does not involve lengthy discussion on the science on how we do things so you cannot expect this book to be academically enriched. Rather it offers advice that you can implement right
Mtbike40
Apr 13, 2012 Mtbike40 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: time-mangement
I think that this book falls short. I guess you get what you pay for. The ideas in this book are valid, but they are not really covered in a way that really helps you take action and change habits. I also thought that this book was difficult to really get into because it jumps around so much.

I think you are better off trying one of the many great authors on time management like Covey or Tracy. Slapping the Harvard Business School name on a book obviously does not mean that it is ground breaking
Chris Stanley
Sep 22, 2014 Chris Stanley rated it really liked it
Shelves: ngk
THIS EBOOK IS A PRE-PUBLISH DATE VERSION, PROVIDED FOC FOR A CANDID REVIEW

Some blindingly obvious advice here - Why hadn't I thought of it myself?! I realised I was deluding myself with estimating how long it took to complete certain tasks and how reluctant I was to hand over tasks to my team. I liked the Time logging exercises, time boxing and sequencing. The language and format was straight forward, without being patronising. In my opinion, This is a quick, easy, helpful read, for someone who
Jerzy
Jan 19, 2016 Jerzy rated it really liked it
Short and sweet:
figure out what your goals are,
decide how many hours a week you can/should devote to each,
turn them into concrete tasks,
and schedule those tasks ("time boxing") every week instead of just hoping you get to it eventually.

Nothing new, but reading it, I was inspired to sit down and do these things (make time allocations and a time-boxing schedule) that I knew I should do. So at least there's that.
Amal Gaber
كتاب يخاطب المديرين اصحاب الاعمال التنفيذية الواسعة ..لم يكن من الكُتب الممتعة ولكنها من الكُتب المفيدة ..استفدت منه شخصيا وخاصة في أدوات إدارة الوقت ..قرئته مترجما وترجمته لم تكن جيدة ....اتعلمت منه أن انظر قبل شراء الكتاب هل انا من الشريحة المُخاطبة ام لا ؟؟
Efrem
Sep 22, 2014 Efrem rated it really liked it
This is a good, short book that gives practical time-management tips. I recommend it for those who want to get a handle on their time without having to invest a great deal of time reading a long book.
Adama Coulibaly
Dec 27, 2014 Adama Coulibaly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy to read with practical tips

If you do not have time to read big book on time management, this is the book you need. It is concise, easy to read and to the points.

There are practical tips and clear set by step process on how to better manage your time.
Olileanya Ogbonna
Aug 04, 2015 Olileanya Ogbonna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice work.
If you don't have the time to attend long team building sessions, grab a copy of this book.
Saqib
Jan 05, 2016 Saqib rated it really liked it
One of the important books for learning how to manage your time. For those struggling with procrastination. It's a must read.
Cigdem
Jul 12, 2015 Cigdem rated it it was ok
Ok book with no-brainer advice.
Richard
Richard rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2016
Elizabeth Romaine
Elizabeth Romaine rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Julia
Julia rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2013
Andrea Ji
Andrea Ji rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2015
Ward Johnson
Ward Johnson rated it really liked it
May 26, 2016
Abhishek Singh
Abhishek Singh rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2016
Robert Meiklejohn
Robert Meiklejohn rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2016
Lucy
Lucy rated it did not like it
Jun 30, 2016
Red Sarracino
Red Sarracino rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2015
Philip Doak
Philip Doak rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2015
Enass Bedaiwi
Enass Bedaiwi rated it did not like it
Feb 11, 2016
Ankit Sood
Ankit Sood rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Prakash Khandelwal
Prakash Khandelwal rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2016
Hamid Harasani
Hamid Harasani rated it it was ok
Dec 10, 2016
Ernest Junius
Ernest Junius rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2016
Graeme Cole
Graeme Cole rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2016
Mark Avnet
Mark Avnet rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2016
Carleen
Carleen rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Asma Moe
Asma Moe rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2016