Start by marking “Jim Curious: A Voyage to the Heart of the Sea in 3-D Vision” as Want to Read:
Jim Curious: A Voyage to the Heart of the Sea in 3-D Vision

Jim Curious: A Voyage to the Heart of the Sea in 3-D Vision (Krótkie Gatki)

Jim Curious portrays the fantastical story of a young boy and his thrilling trip to the bottom of the sea in an old-fashioned diving suit. But there are no words telling his tale—only intricately illustrated images in exceptional 3-D. On his journey, Jim initially passes the garbage tossed into the waters by land-dwellers, but soon he goes deeper and deeper, immersing hims ...more
Published April 15th 2014 by Harry N. Abrams (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Jim Curious, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jim Curious

Mariana
Jan 05, 2016 Mariana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Probablemente sea más bien un 4.5. Es muy complicado puntuar un libro sin una sola palabra y sólo con preciosas imágenes en 3D. Será difícil escribir una reseña en el blog sobre este agasajo visual, pero pronto estará lista :)
Reseña: https://vikingalectora.wordpress.com/...
description
David Schaafsma
Oct 04, 2014 David Schaafsma rated it really liked it
This may be my first graphic novel in 3D, which we are already tired of (are we not?) in movies, like it is there most of the time for its own sake, but what more can we do with it that it is interesting?), so I didn't have high hopes, but then had those low expectations dashed, yay. A story of exploration under the sea, and the deeper you go, the more interesting and mysterious it gets, and the 3D actually helps deepen the experience. My three 7-9 year olds loved it, and okay, in part because i ...more
Tasha
Dec 26, 2013 Tasha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
In black and white images, a boy walks out his house. With a klang, he emerges and takes steps with a loud bong since he’s wearing a diving suit. Turn the page, put on your 3D glasses, and once the boy enters the water the magic starts to happen. Jim is now exploring. He passes a sunken car and a long pipeline, but soon reaches the open ocean. As the pages turn, the 3D effects are gasp-worthy and so well done. Readers and Jim together are on an amazing journey at sea.

A nearly wordless book, this
Sara
It's probably sort of cheating to count this wordless book as one of the books towards my reading goal...but since I book-talked it at schools before Summer Reading, I decided I've spent enough time with it to count it.

This book is amazing. Sometimes, things in 3D are kinda gimmicky. I'm not really a fan of 3D movies, and I don't tend to get super excited about anything just because it is jumping out at my face. But this book is GORGEOUS. It's rare that art in 3D looks BETTER than it does in 2D,
Sylvester
Very cool book. Underwater scenes are perfect for 3D pictures. Loved the story the artwork AND the 3D effects. Picard is rather brave to publish this - if you lose the 3D glasses, you're sunk - the book is blurry and hard to follow. I hope there's to be more of these though, they're a lot of fun.
Abril G. Karera
Feb 15, 2016 Abril G. Karera rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Este libro es una maravillosa opción para disfrutar otro tipo de lectura. Cada imagen tiene tantos detalles que es imposible no entretenerse varios minutos en cada una. Y lo genial es que el libro no se reduce solamente a eso, sino que logra transmitir la curiosidad de Jim logrando que el lector se sienta parte de la aventura. ¡Muy recomendable!
Julia Frederick
Jul 28, 2014 Julia Frederick rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 3d
One of the coolest 3D books I've seen! Black and white pictures pop out in an underwater adventure! (No words).
Edward Sullivan
An amazing wordless underwater adventure!
Amy
Very cool! Includes two pairs of 3~D glasses.
Pink
Jan 25, 2017 Pink rated it it was amazing
This book is super rad! It has 3D glasses, so as you follow the main character on his voyage under the sea, you get to experience so much more than a normal book. It is also wordless so you can really just enjoy the incredible view. Highly recommend!
Tarina
Feb 26, 2017 Tarina rated it it was amazing
So cool! I love 3D books!
Leilah Skelton
Jun 22, 2014 Leilah Skelton rated it it was amazing
When I saw that this book came with 2 pairs of 3-D glasses, I had to take a look. A smart gimmick was what I expected, but breath-taking cleverness and wonder is what I got…

The story opens with Jim ‘Klang-Bong’-ing his way towards the open sea in his heavy old diving suit. At the very moment that he sinks below the surface, these wonderfully detailed, dark scratched ink illustrations burst out of the pages. This is a wordless voyage of adventure, but there is a clear story progression laid out t
Brandon
Apr 21, 2014 Brandon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-lit
This book was fantastically amazing! There were so many times I had to feel the page because it seemed like there was just a layer of plastic over part of the page, and that underneath that section was a deep space full of underwater happenings. I always expect 3D to be lackluster, I suppose because it always was in my childhood, but just as the movies have begun to master the art and technology of 3D in the last 20 years, so has the printed red and blue form. And Matthias Picard really opened m ...more
Travis Mueller
May 06, 2015 Travis Mueller rated it really liked it
I'm not much of a fan of 3-D movies, and don't have any memories of liking 3-D comics such as this one, so this was a very random choice for me. But I ended up really liking it. Sure, reading it all in one sitting gave me a bit of a headache from the glasses (I recall that being an issue with 3-D comics when I was younger), but the effect was well worth it. The form of this book, as a wordless exploration of an underwater world, is perfect for a 3-D medium. And I found that the 3-D effect persis ...more
Bisma Amir
Oct 04, 2015 Bisma Amir rated it it was amazing
Matthias Picard has demonstrated that words do not create a story, rather illustrations create the story and our own interpretation of the story is what counts. The animation of the book gives it a sci-fi, retro feel which is appropriate for all ages. It made me extremely excited seeing the 3D glasses just tucked away in the sleeve of the inside page of the hardback book and it does not disappoint! Seeing the pictures pop out at the reader is a brilliant concept that kept me engaged within the b ...more
Lezz Zeppelin
Mar 29, 2016 Lezz Zeppelin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Si tuviera que mencionar mis momentos favoritos serían en ningún orden específico:
-Su encuentro con la ballena
-La entrada a la Atlántida
-El barco pirata
-Y por supuesto: El final.

La verdad es que en conjunto el libro es genial y creo que es algo que todos deberían tener o “leer” alguna vez, es difícil hacer una reseña de un libro sin texto porque se tiene que vivir la experiencia de hojearlo y en este caso el efecto 3D es algo que hace que vivas la aventura.
Reseña completa en :
Courtney
Jan 28, 2015 Courtney rated it really liked it
This is easily the best example I have ever seen of anaglyph illustration I've ever seen. Jim Curious is a charming wordless graphic novel. Follow the deep-sea diving protagonist through a brilliantly detailed undersea word as he swims deeper and deeper. He'll meet all manner of fascinating sea creatures, he'll explore shipwrecks and maybe even stumble upon a lost civilization. Imaginative and meticulously drawn, this graphic novel is a winner for any age.
Barbara
A boy decides to explore the ocean depths, and during his exploration, he encounters various creatures, a pirate ship, and a city far beneath the waves. The 3-D glasses included at the back of the book add immeasurably to the visual delights of enjoying this one. The illustrations are filled with all sorts of interesting things to look at, insuring that this one will be a classroom hit.
Angie
Mar 24, 2015 Angie rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most amazing books I have had the pleasure of exploring in a long time. It is a 3D wordless graphic picture book. You get to explore the depths of the ocean with our title character. It is wonderfully drawn and just beautiful to look at. Each page brings something new to explore. Definitely a winner.
Joyce
Jan 08, 2015 Joyce rated it really liked it
This book will probably not need book talking, but I am excited to tell the elementary students about it. This wordless graphic novel has beautiful 3-D illustrations (it does come with 2 pairs of 3-D glasses for the reader and a friend) that describe the title character's amazing adventure into the ocean.
M.
Dec 08, 2015 M. rated it liked it
A text-less picture book that my kids really love exploring. If your kids can sit still for something that requires 3-D glasses, they'll probably enjoy this deep sea adventure. I suggest keeping it out of reach when you're not reading it, since the glasses can easily be lost/torn up.
Rachel
Aug 07, 2014 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Normally, I don't go in for the 3-d gimmick, but this is exceptional work. Well done, Mr. Picard.

I could see kids sitting with the story for hours and hours, just picking out all the different sea life.
Jen
Nov 26, 2014 Jen rated it it was amazing
What's not to love?! With 3D glasses, the reader is taken underwater on a beautiful discovery. The fact that no words are present makes the experience all the more interactive. Reading it with a friend (like Iman) made it even more enjoyable.
Kerstin
Feb 10, 2015 Kerstin rated it really liked it
My very first graphic novel and also my first 3D on 2D experience. It is completely magical and a really weird new world to explore. I had a lot of fun browsing through this book and joining Jim on his adventures with a friend of mine.
Derek Parker
May 31, 2014 Derek Parker rated it really liked it
A wonderful wordless narrative, one whose 3-D delivery is as fascinating as the story itself. It may be a book for younger readers, as the publisher indicates, but like any great children's book, it's one whose sophistication holds great promise and pleasure for adult readers, as well.
Carissa
Apr 22, 2015 Carissa rated it really liked it
Wordless picture book/graphic novel that comes with 3-D glasses? nifty. Though I should note that my son didn't find it nearly as fascinating as I did...
Quyen Le
Jun 20, 2014 Quyen Le rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
It's 3D! What's not to like?
Karen W
May 23, 2014 Karen W rated it it was amazing
Join Jim Curious on a 3D underwater adventure. The black and white drawings are amazing and the 3D works well in this exotic world. A completely enjoyable wordless read.
Michelle Gray
Oct 04, 2014 Michelle Gray rated it it was amazing
That was awesome!
Jj
Cool! But, like all things 3D, makes my head hurt and my eyes go bonkers. Pass for me, but I will recommend it to kids who enjoy this kind of thing.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Rutabaga the Adventure Chef (Adventure Chef #1)
  • Super Happy Magic Forest
  • Lindbergh: The Tale of a Flying Mouse
  • Ice
  • The Bear's Song
  • The King's Dragon (Three Thieves, #4)
  • The Boy & the Book: [a wordless story]
  • Laundry Day
  • The Only Child
  • Brief Thief
  • The Lost Islands (Explorer, #2)
  • Written and Drawn by Henrietta
  • Hilda and the Black Hound
  • The Tree House
  • Hank Finds an Egg
  • Bow-Wow's Nightmare Neighbors
  • Welcome to Mamoko
  • Crankee Doodle

Krótkie Gatki (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Norka zagłady (Krótkie Gatki)
  • Detektyw Miś Zbyś na tropie #1: Lis, ule i miodowe kule