Start by marking “Red Moon” as Want to Read:
Red Moon

Red Moon (Red Moon #1)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  317 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Many years have passed since the Great War that destroyed over three quarters of the world’s population. Now, humans and supernaturals alike have learned how to survive in the new world. For Avery Hendrin, the eldest daughter of the man who brought light back to the world, life has taken a turn for the worse. Sold into slavery after her father’s death, Avery’s only concern...more
ebook, 1
Published August 27th 2013 by Elizabeth Kelly

To ask other readers questions about Red Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Moon

Rosanna
Sep 10, 2013 Rosanna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: PRN romance fans
What a gem this book is. I loved it!
This story has a strong heroine and one very sexy alpha Lycan. It was steamy and entertaining from beginning to end!
Excellent story and writing. A must read for PRN fans. I will definitely read more from this author.
JJH--Judy
4 1/2-5 stars. Really enjoyed it. I liked the heroine a lot--she was strong, didn't care what other people felt about her, and went through A LOT. The reason this book wasn't a solid 5 stars for me was because the hero, clearly a possessive alpha male (wolf-whatever) did nothing to stop the abuse the heroine a was suffering from members of his staff--and he knew what was going on. I get that she was purchased as a slave, but this did not sit right with me. One this that I found different about t...more
Momof3-Wanna be Kyle when I gro up~ Mal, come Play with me.
So....my review didn't save and that pisses me off, so this will be much shorter than my original review.
Things I liked: The paranormal aspect wasn't shoved down my throat. There weren't walls of dialogue or long bland explanations and descriptions, things were how they were and that was it and it worked.
I liked Tristan. He was very sweet and this wasn't even mentioned really, it was in his actions and allowed to speak for itself--well done.
Sofia--could she have been cuter?
Maya and Marshall (th...more
BooK-O-Holic
Hot damn that was a good book! Avery, the heroine, was such an awesome character. She was definitely a favorite for me. At times things became very rough for Avery and her sister Maya, but mostly just her. Once she and her sister were purchased by the pig headed, arrogant, sexy as all get out, lord Tristan things got a little easier for Maya, but Avery continued to struggle with society's backwater view that red heads are all witches. Her strength is continually tested by those who fear her or f...more
Ali Crean
Elizabeth Kelly’s post apocalyptic paranormal world of cruelty, slavery and superstition makes Red Moon a fantastic read. Avery Hendrin is a Red, a woman with fiery locks who it is believed will ensorcel those she encounters; her kind is hated and feared. When Lord Tristan Williams visits an a slave facility to find help for his home his daughter is drawn to her and although Avery insists that her sister, Maya is the woman he should choose as the nanny for his child, Sophie insists he buy Avery...more
Danielle Eisner
I read the description of this book and it sounded so good I decided to get it and read it right away. I wasn't disappointed. It was even better than it sounded. I started reading and didn't want to put it down. I was hooked very quickly and enjoyed every moment after. Its an old fashioned type world in the future, and it was a pretty incredible world the author described.

Both Avery and Tristan were great characters that were easy to root for. They were both troubled and lost in their own ways....more
Jaime Gray
This is the second book I have read by Elizabeth Kelly and I must say that she is now one of my favorite authors. Her writing style is not only flawless, but it is easily read and very steamy.
I really enjoyed the feel of this book because it was set in the future with an old world feel to it with lycans, fairies, witches and leeches. I was so mad at myself for not catching on to what a leech was when they were first mentioned. Oh and the fairies, they were not your cute little fly-around-granti...more
Angarad
Good story with interesting characters. Could have use more of the supernatural aspects, not only Avery's healing touch. And more about what happened in the past to make things are they are now.
Avery and Tristan are great together but equally stubborn. You want to take them and shake them until they see the obvious!!
Ada P. Leong
Nice

I like it. it's different, it's interesting, fast paced and like the other Elizabeth Kelly books, no dull moments. It's not too romantic but you can still feel the love from Tristan and Avery.
Cheesecake
This was a fun story. Pretty predictable but entertaining. The characters ended up having more depth than I was expecting, and the Hero was great! I look forward to reading more in the series! You could tell there was quite a bit of thought put into the world building so there weren't any annoying lapses in logic. Great ending with all the romance I crave in an HEA. Tristan and Avery reminded me of the Hero and Heroine in 'Warlord's Honor', another favourite of mine.
Cora
Bridget
Reds are considered bad news. Our heroine is a red and the hero is a werewolf. Odd pairing, but it works. I found the various family dynamics very well done. The estranged daughter, the meddlesome mother that means well, sisterly bonds, friends close enough to be family. All the relationships were well developed. I read the whole book in one sitting. When I tried to stop, I couldn't because I had to know what was going to happen next.
Kaycee
Really enjoyed this book. Well rounded.
Evelyn Baldwin
The story itself if good. it lags a bit in places but overall enjoyable. However, what prevents this from being a 4star is the editing. It's lacking in a big way.There are many errors with punctuation which brings the rating down a star for me.
Pat
This is the first book I have read by this author and I did enjoy it. I liked the characters but I agree with some of the other comments on the story content, hence a three star. Definitely worth a read and I think that another book by this author is available free on Amazon, so I will try another one. The book was well written, a decent length and the editing was fine.
Neenah Lynch
I loved the book, but she didn't explain enough what the different species were, you needed more background. That's why I couldn't give it a 5 star.
Melany Sari
My first book I read from Elizabeth Kelly, is Tempted and Twice Tempted. Not really a fans for this genre, but the excerpt I found in Tempted was interesting so I bought this one.
Definitely it's worth to buy book. The storyline is simple but engaging and the characters were believable. So far I love all Elizabeth Kelly's books.
Amanda
I LOVED IT!!! Awesome read. a little rushed at the end but still grat
Susan Groves
This was a spontaneous purchase for me based oh Elizabeth Kelly's short story, Tempted, which was too short but was well written. This was a good storyline with good characters and situations. I'll definitely be buying her book in November!
Madhellena
It's a good plot but badly written. I liked the background (weres, witches and leeches) but it's sort of a cardboard story. I guess it needed more feeling and better descriptions.
Michelle Bard
Started off slow. Wasn't getting into it then bam! I was hooked! I loved the way the story went. I have read 2 books from the author and I think I need more :)
Katie
Really interesting read with lots of twists turns lycans witches faeries etc... Well written with lots of twists and turns
Kristina
Great story line, plot twists and erotic scenes. The only thing to lower the rating is the pretentious dialogue.
Jess
Very interesting dystopian world. I am looking forward to the next book of the series.
Kimmarie
3 1/2 - I actually hated the cover. But I did like the story
Mary
Mary added it
Oct 23, 2014
noemi
noemi marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
  • Gauge (Skin Walkers, #5)
  • Dark Innocence (Dark, #1.5)
  • Cats & Dogs (Alpha Trio, #1)
  • Night of the Tiger (Hades' Carnival, #1)
  • Mercenary's Reward (War Tribe, #2)
  • First Moon
  • Love and Decay: Volume One (Love and Decay #1-6)
  • Belle Starr
  • Revealing Kia (The Lost Girl, #2)
  • Grimnirs (Grimnirs Book 1) (Runes, #2.5)
  • Walker (Bowen Boys, #1)
  • Surviving the Fog (Surviving the Fog #1)
  • Caged Heat (Black Meadow Pack, #2)
  • Hear No (Hidden Evil Trilogy, #1)
  • Domino Effect (Domino, #1)
  • Homecoming (Cloaked Devices #0.5)
  • Cherokee Storm
  • Caught by Menace (Grabbed, #2)
7241960
Elizabeth Kelly is a romance novelist who spends her days writing,
fighting her cat for possession of the computer keyboard, and dreaming
of a never-ending supply of Pop Tarts.

She resides in Alberta, Canada with her husband and her cat
More about Elizabeth Kelly...
Tempted (Tempted #1) Twice Tempted (Tempted, #2) The Recruit: Book One The Recruit: Book Two Red Moon Rising (Red Moon Second Generation)