The Good, the Bad, and the Emus (Meg Lanslow, #17)

The Good, the Bad, and the Emus (Meg Langslow #17)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Published July 8th 2014 by Minotaur Books

Mysteryfan
Who would have thought Meg would be here for 17 books? This is a nice next chapter in Meg Langslow's life. The twins are growing, Michael's still teaching and (thanks to yet another injury to her hand), Meg's investigating another suspicious death. I would wish for more time spent with Michael and less time with some of the subsidiary characters. And I want Meg to have some time blacksmithing, darn it, because I loved those parts. (But it is authentic that with twins she doesn't have time.) Ther...more
Mary Kay  Kare
Very disappointed at this lacklustre addition to a great series. Pedestrian, often cliched writing. Loose ends (who let the emus out & why?) dangling. And everything just conveniently falling into place. Also, our heroine came off as an entitled twit. Sigh.
Michelle
Just when I think that the last Meg story was the best, Donna Andrews does it again. So glad to finally meet Cordelia and get more of the entire Langslow clan. Love it!!!
Glenda
Book 17 in The Meg Langslow mystery series. I've read and enjoyed them all. I preordered the next book in the series "The Nightingale Before Christmas" Can't wait to read it.
Bella Swann
As always, reading Donna Andrews is a pure delight. I loved this story that has Meg go on the hunt for the killer of her long-lost, paternal grandmother. Funny, sweet, and with the right amount of danger, this book does not disappoint. I hope in future installments of the series, Meg has more time to do blacksmithing and there is more of her and Michael's relationship. I would also like to see more of her mother and dad's interactions which are always a hoot. Overall, a must-read.
Sarah Adamson
Another excellent Donna Andrews. A nice set of mysteries to solve, relationships to explore and jokes to laugh about whilst having bird adventures! I did enjoy this but did unfortunately "get" the murderer long before the ending hence 4 stars as it still made me laugh out loud and was an enjoyable read.
Jane
Read it! Read it! Read it!
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Diana S
Diana S marked it as to-read
Harriette
Harriette marked it as to-read
Ann Wakeman
Ann Wakeman is currently reading it
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Cathy Seifert
Cathy Seifert marked it as to-read
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Nancy Luebke
Nancy Luebke marked it as to-read
Pamreads
Pamreads marked it as to-read
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Joni
Joni marked it as to-read
Mary Ellen
Mary Ellen marked it as to-read
Teddi
Teddi marked it as to-read
Emyl
Emyl marked it as to-read
Melina
Melina marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Kathy Emerick
Kathy Emerick marked it as to-read

About Donna Andrews

60646 Donna Andrews was born in Yorktown, Virginia, the setting of Murder with Peacocks and Revenge of the Wrought Iron Flamingos, and now lives and works in Reston, Virginia. When not writing fiction, Andrews is a self-confessed nerd, rarely found away from her computer, unless she's messing in the garden

• Some Enchanted Éclair (A Magical Bakery Mystery #4)
  • Wall-to-Wall Dead (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #6)
  • Boiled Over
  • Death Come Quickly (China Bayles, #22)
  • Murder, Simply Stitched (Amish Quilt Shop Mystery, #2)
  • A Vision in Velvet (A Witchcraft Mystery #6)
  • Aunt Dimity and the Wishing Well (An Aunt Dimity Mystery #19)
  • The Pickled Piper (Pickled & Preserved, #1)
  • Pecan Pies and Homicides (A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery #3)
  • Death on Eat Street
  • The Diva Wraps It Up (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #8)
  • Night of the Living Thread
  • The Dead Will Tell (Kate Burkholder, #6)
  • Booty Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery
  • Dead Between the Lines (A Devereaux's Dime Store Mystery)
  • A Killing Notion: A Magical Dressmaking Mystery
  • Queen of Hearts (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #8)
  • Dead Heat (Lucy Kincaid #8)
Murder With Peacocks (Meg Langslow, #1) Murder With Puffins (Meg Langslow, #2) Revenge of the Wrought-Iron Flamingos (Meg Langslow, #3) Crouching Buzzard, Leaping Loon (Meg Langslow, #4) We'll Always Have Parrots (Meg Langslow, #5)