Start by marking “Overlord (Event Group Adventure, #9)” as Want to Read:
Overlord (Event Group Adventure, #9)

Overlord (Event Group Adventure #9)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  22 reviews
In the stunning conclusion to the Matchstick Man saga that began with Event and continued with Legacy, the End of Days is upon humanity---invasion has arrived!Some speculate that the war between the two worlds began 700 million years ago, while others say it started in 1947 over a small town in New Mexico called Roswell. Regardless of dates, the war is now upon us, and aft ...more
Published July 15th 2014 by Thomas Dunne Books

To ask other readers questions about Overlord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Overlord

I'm not sure what happened here. In the eight prior Event Group books, there has been the benefit of plot and character development. In his zeal to wrap up an ongoing story introduced in the very first novel, Golemon seems to have dumped all of that out the window for the sake of battle scene after battle scene. The descriptions of military hardware got so indulgent after a while that I just started skimming through the battle scenes in order to try to get to the point. As in any action adventur ...more
Rick Buckshnis
Overlord is another solid novel from David Lynn Goleman. This is the final novel of the trilogy that included the books, The Event and Legend. The problem that I had is that they were spaced so far apart. The Event was the first book that Goleman wrote and Legend was five or so novels down the road and another couple in between Legend and Overlord. I may not be accurate but I am close. The distance is such that I will probably go back and read Legend again which is not a bad chore.
The story is s
Saint Lart
I've seriously enjoyed every book in this series a lot, and always looked forward to the next installment. Until this one. I feel as though this was written by a different person. All the characters seem caricatures of themselves, the peans to the military, while always present and appreciated. seem to a doubled in number.
What I think bothered me the most is that the entire plot of this book is Independence Day. I wish I knew the behind the scenes of what happened with this.
I really hate giving
Dee Haddrill
In a series full of heroism, wild feats of daring and true friendship, Overlord covers all these and more. The sheer acts of heroism by the Event Group, the lengths they will go to get the job done, and the lengths they will go to stand by each other is truly extraordinary. While this is ninth book in the series, it is also more the last of the trilogy that started with the very first book, Event. An emotional roller-coaster, be prepared to say goodbye to some people and keep the tissues handy i ...more
Randy Henke
David Golemon doesn't disappoint with his latest Event Group thriller. Never one for flowery prose, his writing is gritty and to the point. Each time you pick up the book, the pacing and suspense draws you in and keeps you reading far longer than you had planned. If you haven't read the prior books in the series, I would strongly suggest you start from the beginning before committing to this one. There is a good deal of backstory from at least two of the prior books that puts everything in persp ...more
David
I've enjoyed all the Event Group books. Plenty of action and they are my favorite genre: Present/Near Future SciFi, Mythology, Fantasy. Overlord delivers all that. I hope the ending is a prelude to another book. Why the Four Star rating? One glaring thing I couldn't overlook. The Hubble Telescope cannot "see" thousands of light years away in real time. Everything it "sees" happened thousands of years in our past. Mr. Golemon should have come up with a way to get around that. Perhaps by "looking" ...more
Kathy Elliott
The sky's the limit

From the first word to the last, Overlord is full of action. The Event Group is at it again, working against impossible odds, this time to save the planet.

As always, Goleman has written an exciting, action packed story. Old friends and some new ones make an appearance.

In some ways, this story is different from his previous efforts, but it keeps you reading. An excellent read.
Randy Evans
Within the nine book Event Group series is a trilogy made up of book 1 "Event", book 6 "Legacy", and book 9 "Overlord" with Overlord being the epic conclusion of the trilogy. While several of the members of the group were lost in Overlord the group remains to keep the country and the world safe. Every book in this series is five star and I'm glad I was able to find it and read it and I'm sure you will be to.
Patrick Nichol
This is a fantastic space opera, alien invasion adventure worthy of the Event Group series.
The Earth is mobiliizing to fight an aggresse alien species first introduced in David Goleman's Event debut novel.
Can a 7,000 year old Martian spacecraft and the combined forces of Earth defeat the enemy?
Threatening the entire operation is a traitorous group of US government officials bent on seizing power.
Despite some spelling mistakes, this is a satisfying read.
Karey
Could not put this book down--first time action sequence has kept me up several nights to finish, late for work because I had to read 'just one more page', pissed that my Android phone decided NOT to load Kindle properly, so had to wait until I was home before resuming the story--gah!
I won't give anything away, but I'm anxious for the next book--just as soon as I dry my eyes over this one!

I HIGHLY advise reading these in order, or you won't feel AS connected to the characters.
Jacob Patrick Torres
All over the place finale, still good, and nicely wrapping up the series. One which, let's face it, you weren't reading because it was serious literature, but because it was fun shark-jumpy nonsense of the best kind.
Ronda Bradley
I really enjoy the Event Group novels, they are a nice escape from reality. Fast-paced and engaging. You really need to read them in order to get the full impact of this one.
Amelia
The most action-packed book in the series and one of the saddest :(
Chris
The battle with the Grays comes to a deadly conclusion.
Travis Aslakson
I like it alot. I didn't mind all the action happening, but was not expecting what happens.
Felix
Aliens vs. mankind a great conclusion!
Kathy Pender
I have loved each and every one of the Event Group adventures, but this latest one, Overlord is non stop action packed excitement and a fantastic read. Mr Golemon has surpassed himself.
Stephen
Well, this is the exciting conclusion of the Matchstick story arc. It was an exciting ending. The Gray Aliens have finally invaded earth, and it is up to our intrepid heroes to stave off the invasion. The mystery of the watch is finally revealed. I hope we'll see that character again, but I just don't know. I've hated and admired Golemon's readiness to kill of beloved characters. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Cudeyo
En este noveno libro de la saga del grupo Evento, Golemon termina con la trilogía dedicada al ataque alienígena. El libro, en general, me ha gustado aunque me he perdido un poco en algunos momentos (descripción de equipos militares o similar). Mi inglés es bueno, pero estas descripciones no las puedo seguir siquiera en español. Eso sí, el final del libro se las trae; por favor, ¡¿qué necesidad había de hacer eso?!
Phyllis
Excellent book, very exciting and very sad.
Cressa
I understand the need to wrap up all story-lines, but I felt like there was just too much going on all the time.
Umar Mohammed
It was very rivetting, and the play b play nature of the action was overwhelming.
Tina Mclerran
Tina Mclerran marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Lea
Lea is currently reading it
Dec 21, 2014
Shahriar Shafin
Shahriar Shafin marked it as to-read
Jenny Pease
Jenny Pease marked it as to-read
Allen
Allen marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Omega (Chess Team Adventure, #5)
  • Black Mountain (Alex Hunter, #4)
  • The Persona Protocol
David L. Golemon is the author of the Event Group Thrillers, including Event, Ancients, Leviathan and Primeval. Legend, the second book in the series, was nominated for a RITA award for paranormal fiction. Golemon learned an early love of reading from his father, who told him that the written word, unlike other forms, allows readers to use their own minds, the greatest special effects machines of ...more
More about David Lynn Golemon...
Event (Event Group Adventure, #1) Legend (Event Group Adventure, #2) Leviathan (Event Group Adventure, #4) Primeval (Event Group Adventure, #5) Ancients (Event Group Adventure, #3)