Start by marking “Booty Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney #14)” as Want to Read:
Booty Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney #14)

Booty Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney #14)

Sarah Booth Delaney's fiancé, Graf Milieu, has become depressed while recovering from a severe leg injury, but Sarah Booth knows just how to help him heal. She's arranged a romantic getaway for the two of them at a lovely beach cottage on Dauphin Island off the Gulf Coast. On the first day of their island adventure, they take a historical tour led by Angela Trotter, a youn ...more
Published May 20th 2014 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Booty Bones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Booty Bones

Jun 14, 2014 Darcy rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, 2014
I have never been a fan of Graf and with this book he proved that he isn't worth Sarah Booth. I get that with the last book and being shot made him feel vulnerable, however all he kept doing was push Sarah Booth away. Then when she takes him away so that they can be alone and re-connect he pulls away again. I could tell right away what as going on with him. He should have told Sarah Booth right away what was going on, not wait.

The mystery with this one was pretty see through, but I did like how
Jun 09, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing
WOW! I had figured out Graf's secret, but the pushing and pulling of their relationship was a bit tiring--let Sarah Booth...oh well, like the author explains in her newsletter, the characters go their own way--sigh-
the plot ran "round + round"; I came to a point where I wasn't going to figure out anything, I just wanted "to watch it unfold"
This was definitely a thriller and what a surprise to discover Jitty's past!
Jul 09, 2014 Sara rated it really liked it
Two of my favorite things---buried treasure and pirates. Jitty never disappoints with her "ghostly dress-up."
"Booty Bones" by Caroline Haines.

The unbeatable team of Sarah Booth Delaney, Tinkie and Jitty are back with a bang.

Sarah Booth Delaney is away from Dahlia House and spending time with Graf on Dauphin Island. Graf is recovering from a gunshot wound in his that all that's going on with Graf?

Sarah Booth is trying her best to help Graf as he recovers but Jitty is sending signs of impending doom her way. Doom of what or who is out to hurt Sarah Booth?

Sarah Booth decides on an historical tou
Jeanie Jackson
Dec 06, 2015 Jeanie Jackson rated it really liked it
Awesome and stress filled! This adventure may be the best Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery ever. When Sarah Booth takes her fiance to coastal island to recuperate from an injury she plans to devote her time to helping him in his recover. As always things don't turn out quite as she expects, but also like always, the twists are unpredictable.

When a woman approaches her to ask Sarah to investigate her fathers murder, the private investigator refuses until she discovers that a man may be serving time un
Patty Allen
Nov 21, 2015 Patty Allen rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Carolyn Haines, but I found this book very depressing. I love the emotions this series makes me feel, there was not enough ups to balance the downs. Hope the next book is better.
Mar 06, 2015 Kelley rated it it was amazing
I have been a huge fan of Sarah Booth for a few years now and I feel like she's a close friend. I laugh when she's being sarcastic, I sigh when she's being difficult and I cry when she takes her walks down memory lane. This book was different then the others and I enjoyed the change in pace. Jitty is one of my favorite characters and I loved learning a bit more about her. I cried for Sarah Booth multiple times and am still wiping away tears that fell during my reading. I highly recommend this bo ...more
Sep 21, 2016 Maria rated it really liked it
I grabbed this audio book off the shelf at random to have something to listen to on a long drive. I was in a hurry hoping that it wasn't "inappropriate." I have never read any of the previous volumes, so I am not aware of the background of any of the characters. That being said, this was a surprisingly good book for what it was. It was clean -- no sex, explicit violence (well, it has to have SOME--it's a murder mystery, after all!), and no graphic language. Points for that.

I did know who the bad
R.b. O'gorman
Jun 11, 2014 R.b. O'gorman rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Booty Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney MysteryAnother delightful Sarah Booth Delaney mystery, #14 in the series. Like in every Carolyn Haines work, the plotting is tight; the prose, witty; and the characters, unforgettable. In Booty Bones, she again regales us with the escapades of our heroine, original daddy’s girl Sarah Booth and her gang of delightful co-conspirators, from Zinnia’s delightful society editor Cece (formerly Cecil) to Sarah Booth’s personal ghost, the African slave who worked for th ...more
May 27, 2014 Sherry rated it it was amazing
Carolyn Haines has done it again! In this 14th installment of the Sarah Booth Delaney Mysteries, our plucky Southern PI Sarah Booth and her partner Tinkie find themselves embroiled in a scheme to local and steal pirate treasure and do away with many innocent people (and on a grand scale too!). Our usual cast of characters join in - fiancé Graf, best friend Cee-Cee, Sheriff Coleman and our intrepid hound Sweetie Pie with and his proud cat friend, Pluto.

There is even a subplot neatly woven into t
Jun 03, 2014 Joyce rated it really liked it
Sarah Booth Delaney and her friends have again solved another mystery. This is a fast paced and enjoyable tale with the setting being on Dauphin Island off the Gulf Coast. In the story a man in prison is set free for a murder he did not commit and the murderer is found as well as the pirate treasure. Enjoy this charming
story with its twists and turns and learn how Sarah Booth Delaney loses one fiancé and may find love again in another upcoming tale.
June Seymour
Mar 13, 2016 June Seymour rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Consumed the book. I have always loved Dauphin Island. We went every summer when I was a child. Many of the things I remember have been washed away by hurricanes, but the beauty is still there. It has been years since I last went. Booty Bones makes me want to take a trip there again. This book was a typical Sarah Booth book. I loved every minute of it. I was not upset with the Graf story line(I like Coleman). Waiting for the next in the series.
Sharon Chance
Aug 20, 2014 Sharon Chance rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a mystery that features Southern hospitality, a bit of romance, a feisty ghost, and a cast of quirky but charming characters, then Carolyn Haines' "Sarah Booth Delaney" mystery series should be right up your alley! In this installment of the series, in addition to all of the above, there are pirates and treasure too!

I love this series and am always thrilled when a new story flies from the pen (or keyboard)of Carolyn!
Jun 25, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable entry in this series. I enjoyed the island setting and the historical pirate subplot. I was glad that Jitty had more of a reason to keep popping up in this one. It sometimes feels like she is a throw in that the series doesn't quite need anymore. My only quibble is that Sarah Booth and Tinkie really do not solve the crime. They bumble into the solution when the perpetrator reveals himself or herself at the end
Feb 25, 2015 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Each of the books of the Sarah Booth Delaney series is a delight, and Booty Bones is no exception. I only took it down one star because I could tell at least one of the villains early on. That does not detract from the overall enjoyment of the continuing adventures of Sarah Booth and her posse of friends, most particularly Tinkie but also Jitty. Everyone should have such good companions as Jitty and Tinkie in their lives.

In this story we learn the back-story of Sarah Booth's personal "haint," J
Mary Ann
Jul 02, 2014 Mary Ann rated it really liked it
It was over too quickly, as these books usually are. This one was full of great intrigue and lots of new characters. It was great to figure out some of it but not everything. Those are my favorite type of reads. My favorite character in this one was Jitty and her ever changing personas, I loved trying to figure out who she was right along with Sarah Booth.
Jul 02, 2014 Gloria rated it it was amazing
Score! I want to be Sarah Booth when I grow up. This reflects on the previous book in the series but could stand alone. Sarah Booth handles solving a cold case murder, figuring out her fiancé's problems and an approaching hurricane. Didn't hurt that I was finishing it as Arthur was approaching.
Nancy H
Aug 08, 2014 Nancy H rated it really liked it
Another in the Sarah Booth Delaney series, this book kept me turning pages so fast that I read the whole thing mostly in one sitting. The ending, however, makes me so eager for the next one that I can't wait for it to be published! I hope the author is hurrying to get it to publication.
Oct 21, 2015 Jen rated it it was amazing
So much fun! I stumbled across this book by accident and am now in hot pursuit of the other 14 in the series. What a refreshing read! Granted, I figured out a few things early on- but not all. Great writing (but so many typos!), fast action, clever concepts.
Sandy Smith
Jul 26, 2014 Sandy Smith rated it it was amazing
Once again, I found myself captivated by Sarah Booth & the gang from Zinnia. Booty Bones had me from the get go, and I sucked it down like a chocolate shake. Set on Dauphin Island, a place of great childhood joy for me, I completely identified with the sand between my toes, and the sound of the surf lulling me asleep. I kind of figured out what direction the ending of the book was going, and was extremely Happy about it, never having been on Team Graf,in the first place. He just never cranke ...more
Dondie Naugle
Mar 28, 2015 Dondie Naugle rated it it was amazing
Sarah Booth Delaney is a character with which I can relate. Southern woman bucking against what has been around her whole life, yet sees how such teachings can benefit her. She has learned from her mistakes and grown with each experience. I will admit I have been pulled emotionally into all the books in this series and would love for Sarah Booth to find the mate and family she needs. She has the friends, now needs the family and love she so desires. Perhaps the family haint would ease up with ch ...more
Nov 30, 2014 Diane rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
This is the latest in the Sarah Booth Delaney mystery series by Carolyn Haines. This book picks up right where "Smarty Bones" left off. Sarah Booth and Graf go to Dauphin Island for a romantic get away and for Graf to recover from his gunshot wound. While on the island they come across the mystery of the supposed Esmeralda treasure or "pirates booty" that Angela Trotter's father has found. Angela's father was murdered and an innocent man, Larry Wofford, put in prison for it. Angela hires Sarah B ...more
Jul 25, 2014 Beckym rated it really liked it
Fun and light with a mystery added in. I love Jitty and the pets. I have visited Dauphin
Island several times do the places in the book were familiar. I've read very book on the series and they always end with a twist.
Jul 14, 2014 Ricki rated it it was amazing
I have been with Sarah Booth from the very first book (THEM BONES), and although I haven't always agreed with some of her decisions, I keep reading and hoping for the best. In BOOTY BONES, book 14 in the series, there are really two stories intertwined. When Sarah Booth rents a cottage and takes her recovering fiancé, Graf, to Dauphin Island, Alabama for some relaxation, she gets mixed up in a pirate mystery and a murder investigation. Graf is acting really strange and Sarah Booth doesn't know w ...more
May 24, 2014 Susan rated it it was amazing
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway and will read more of Carolyn Haines' books. It was full of action and suspense with interesting characters and plot. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and would recommend it!
This gets a third star for a genuinely suspenseful ending, but in general I'd only give it a two. Sarah Booth Delaney and her recently injured, soon-to-be-a-major-star fiance are vacationing on one of the Barrier Islands when Sarah Booth is hired by a local woman to find out who killed her father; she's convinced that the man serving time is innocent. The father was a treasure-hunter who claims to have found the lost pirate treasure that's part of the island's mythology. Sarah Booth works on the ...more
Jan 17, 2015 Kati rated it liked it
Shelves: murder-mystery
3.5 stars I never thought of Sarah Booth Delaney as a coward until now. The plot was interesting and so was the personal drama except I hated SB reaction to it.
Georgiana Huizenga
Jun 13, 2014 Georgiana Huizenga rated it really liked it
I liked this, but not quite as much as the other books in the series. Still, it's always fun to see what Sarah Booth and Tinkie are up to.
Frances Roberts
Aug 23, 2014 Frances Roberts rated it it was amazing
I've enjoyed all the Bones books,but this one was my favorite. It has a beach, pirate treasure and Sarah Booth fighting for love.
Ruth Ellen
Jul 27, 2014 Ruth Ellen rated it really liked it
first one of these I have read. and I really enjoyed it. I will have to check out more of them.
  • Doing It at the Dixie Dew (Dixie Dew Mystery, #1)
  • From Bad to Wurst (Passport to Peril #10)
  • The Diva Steals a Chocolate Kiss (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #9)
  • Killer Reunion (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #21)
  • Death Come Quickly (China Bayles, #22)
  • Murder in the Paperback Parlor (Book Retreat Mysteries, #2)
  • Death Comes Silently (Death on Demand, #22)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Emus (Meg Langslow, #17)
  • Parchment and Old Lace (Scrapbooking Mystery #13)
  • Baited Blood (A Madison Rose Vampire Mystery, #2)
  • Death, Island Style
  • Not a Monster of a Chance (A Scumble River Mystery, #2.5)
  • Think Murder
  • The Lost Women of Lost Lake (Jane Lawless, #19)
  • A Little Night Murder (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #10)
  • Death at the Door (Death on Demand, #24)
  • A Bad Day for Mercy (Bad Day, #4)
  • The Chocolate Clown Corpse (A Chocoholic Mystery, #14)
A native of Mississippi, Carolyn Haines is the author of over fifty books in multiple genres. She was named the 2010 recipient of the Harper Lee Award and is the recipient of the 2009 Richard Wright Award for Literary Excellence.

Haines teaches fiction writing at the University of South Alabama in Mobile. Active in animal rescue, she has twenty-one "critters" —horses, dogs and cats.
More about Carolyn Haines...

Sarah Booth Delaney (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Them Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #1)
  • Buried Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #2)
  • Splintered Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #3)
  • Crossed Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #4)
  • Hallowed Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #5)
  • Bones To Pick (Sarah Booth Delaney, #6)
  • Ham Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #7)
  • Wishbones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #8)
  • Greedy Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #9)
  • Bone Appetit (Sarah Booth Delaney, #10)