Start by marking “Always a Sinner (Brooklyn Sinners, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Always a Sinner

Avril Ashton

Always a Sinner (Brooklyn Sinners #1.5)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  258 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Gabe Ashby has given up much for love, but harbors no regrets. Moving in to a new home with his lover, Rafe Soto, the men couldn’t be more in love. Until a chance discovery puts a damper on their bliss.

ebook, Free read, 59 pages

To ask other readers questions about Always a Sinner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always a Sinner

Exina
The events of this short story take place after Gabe and Angelo (now Rafe) move in their dream house in North Carolina and before the epilogue of Love the Sinner.

It’s about mistakes, forgiveness, and everything between. It highlights two serious arguments between Gabe and Rafe.

“Love isn’t enough, not if you can turn tail and run so quickly. So easily. Our love maybe it’s not what we thought it to be.”

They make mistakes, throw tantrums, and handle problems in an immature way. Especially Gabe.
Lenore
This short is as sappy, and the sex as heterofied as in the previous book, with the added "plus" of the MCs taking turns pulling guns on each other.

These characters didn't come across as loving and tender and sexy. They came across as abusive, obsessive, and unhinged.

Disturbing.
Amy ♥
May 08, 2014 Amy ♥ rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Amy ♥ by: Sara
Good Lord, I can't get enough of these two! Gabe and Angelo/Rafe are both such alpha males, things can get pretty intense with them. And I love every freaking second of it!

He jerked his head up, meeting Angel’s shining eyes in the dark. “I’m going to leave you like that, with your cock hard and your ass needy,” he spoke softly, clearly, turning himself on in the process. “So you know exactly who owns it. Who owns you.”

(swoon)
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
God I love Gabe and Angelo
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

In the middle of the night, Rafe Soto opens a drawer in hopes of waking his lover with pleasure. What he finds instead throws his faith in Gabe off track and threatens the new life they’ve begun to create. It appears that before the two men have their HEA, there’s much more fighting to be
Tully  Vincent
Gabe, Gabe, Gabe. . . *shaking head*
(view spoiler)

This is pure angst and drama. Tears galore. Raw, overly emotional, somewhat crazy (drawing guns, punching, drinking). And it all could've been avoided had the jackass just opened his mouth and talked (view spoiler)
Angela Bee Bee
This 59 page story delivers the dildo promised in Love the Sinner. Angelo is so hot here, with his sexy as fuck tattoos and his predatory gangster gaze.
These boys do drama right, fist fights, guns, man tears, all so good.
Heather
These two are so over the top.

A quick little story that takes place within their story.
Here I thought I was getting 59 pages of hot sexy loving, when I got 59 pages of pure angst. Brooklyn Sinner style.

I swear if I hadn't read their book, I would totally call these two crazy and unhinged.
Angel and Gabe have a very raw love.
LisaT - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog LisaT131
~ ~ ~

2.5 Stars bumped to 3 'cus there were some pretty words, but ugh. This just isn't doin' it for me. The writing is cliche', reused one liners and all the "of"'s are missing. Still, probably going to read book 3 :/

~ ~ ~
Susan65
Loved this short. So emotionally gut-wrenching and jammed full of every feeling under the sun. But, very necessary to completely understand our boys.
Angelmira
ok, a lot of short stories practically exist for the readers to have some "sex snippet". this one was so full of angst i really cried. and that is what i love about the books. if they make me feel some emotions. this book definitely did.
i think... in other books i would be thinking "abuse and WTF, why the hell they pointing guns at each other? are they mental?" but here... it really works. guns are the part of their lives. they are both so familiar with them, i was like: "really? fists flying,
Lala
3 Sappy Stars

A shortie about Angelo and Gabe. What to say..I actually kinda liked it. There were some pretty touching moments, and tearjerking moments too.. Loved Gabe's letters. But I absolutely didn't like how the guys treated each bump on their way as the end of the world. Their reactions were way too dramatic, and it irritated me. I wanted to shake both up and tell them to man up and mature a bit. Gun pulling, really?
 photo tumblr_mc1knm5F2t1r9ebn9_zps4976c5fe.gif

But overall, it was good.

p.s. I'll definitely read Kane's book!
Tina

OMG… Rafe/Angelo and Gabe, you are killing me! I thought this short story was not more than a nice addition to the first book but let me warn you it’s anything but nice and easy!

So much drama and so much heartbreak… those two had and still have a long way of healing to do. Loved the free read!
Karen
4.5 stars--I love Gabe and Rafe and was thrilled to find this short story that fits in between the ending of Love the Sinner and its epilogue. I can't believe how angst-filled this read was. I could have smacked Gabe upside his head--3+ weeks--that's just wrong!

Along with the angst, there was, as usual in this series, a lot of steam. This story's HEA takes you beyond their Love the Sinner epilogue, and that was a real treat.

Don't miss this opportunity to spend more time with Gabe and Angel!
Janie
These two men are a bunch of stubborn assholes. UGH, I balled my eyes out while reading this one also. I am thoroughly invested in Gabe and Angel.
Jeanne
So, this is a pretty good story. Why? Assuming you read the first book, you know if they end up together or not. Because this story takes place between the last scene of the book and the epilogue.

But does that keep you from wanting to tear up sometimes, sitting on the edge while you read this. Nope. You still do. There might be a moment you forget that you know if they pull through or not. This short story isn't all lovey dovey. There is turmoil. Which is nice, in my opinion. It makes Angelo(Raf
Stephanie
I LOVE a good fight scene (yelling/screaming/arguing/begging/pleading/fisticuffs) between a couple and this ficlet didn't disappoint. It was almost too much to bear as it was very heart wrenching to read.
Valerie *MM Romance Junkie*
I think I loved this more than the book! This left me completely shattered. I love them together. Their love should never have worked, but it does. greatly.
Shelby P
Angelo and Gabe are both big pussies and that's giving pussies a bad name. This was so fucking awful. I enjoyed Gabe's letters showing his pain when Angelo set him free and went to prison. Gabe explained that he'll never leave Angelo and all is hunky dory. Then the question of kids come up and Gabe goes half cock back to Connecticut and doesn't even want to discuss why he's so upset with Angelo. Fucking ridiculous. Angst just for angst's sake. Then three weeks away and he miraculously decides he ...more
K
Completely ridiculous. No way kids should be brought into that fucked up environment.
Murmurella
I am not opposed to drama. I am just opposed to unnecessary drama.

I get the chapter with the letters, even though Angelo is way out of line on this one. But the second part? That bordered on some mental disorder for both MC's and Liliana part. Kids? With Angel Pagan? Move to a different planet first, people.

I could understand Gabe if his reasoning was "Look at us, we still carry guns on our persons every day, we pull them out on each other on a whim, we are not too far away from your previous li
Marinieves Cordero
This is book 1.5 for the series. My recommendation is that you read it all and enjoy the way the words flow from the story. Also , I have to say I stopped by the last chapter of Love the Sinner then read Always the Sinner before reading the epilogue of book 1. I did this because it made sense to me and I needed to understand the emotional connection between Gabriel and Angelo before ending Love the Sinner. I must say ... I am glad I did it that way.

This is an extremely emotional read. It made m
Crystal Zation
I'm so glad that we got more of Gabe and Angel. I loved them so much in Love The Sinner I didn't want to let them go.
It was heartbreaking and mad me ugly cry BUT it ends beautifully!!
Thank you Avril for giving us more of Gabe and Angel!!
5 STARS!!!
Traci
Liked this short story, but it just cements the idea that I really don't like Gabe and love Angel, Angelo, Rafe. I was truly heartbroken with the way Gabe treated Angel. But he is a criminal, haha. Anyway, great quick read.
Rachel
Love Gabe and Angel.
Nothing can run smooth for them and nothing is simple to solve. After much angst they seemed to have reached an agreement to their future together.
Renee Yes-I-know-I-read-too-damn-much
There are no words. I have never had a short sequel fracture me and put me back together. The emotion and events were so well written, words do not do it justice.
Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel  (Oh My Shelves)
I thought the fight was a bit overblown and the reaction to the letter over the top. But Gabe's action here was quite puzzling
Trisha Harrington
2.5 stars. This was even worse than the first when it comes to angst. It was shorter but the angst again was too much. I did like how they started talking about this, albeit because they were forced into a make or break situation. Not a bad series, I guess, but not the series for me.
Karen
On to the next book. Full review to follow at the end of the series, but so far so good and I'm looking forward to more.
  • Six Degrees of Separation (By Degrees, #2)
  • Sixty Five Hours: The Twelve Days of Christmas (Sixty Five Hours, #1.5)
  • Love on a Wing and a Prayer
  • Daylight Again (Hell or High Water, #3)
  • Moving Mountains (Separate Ways, #3)
  • Marked (Roads, #1.5)
  • Just Jory (A Matter of Time #5.5)
  • More Than Just a Good Book, A Novel
  • Butterflies (The Secret Casebook of Simon Feximal, #2)
  • Safeword (Power Exchange, #2)
  • Dine & Dash (Cut & Run, #5.5)
  • Compensations (Life Lessons, #3.5)
  • As He Watches
  • Roughed Up
A Caribbean transplant, Avril now lives in Stone Mountain, GA., with a tolerant Spousal Equivalent. Together they raise an eccentric daughter who loves reading and school (not so much school anymore). Avril’s earliest memories of reading revolve around discussing plot points of Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys with an equally book-minded mother

Always in love with the written word, Avril finally deci
More about Avril Ashton...

Brooklyn Sinners (5 books)
  • Love the Sinner (Brooklyn Sinners, #1)
  • Sinner, Savior (Brooklyn Sinners, #2)
  • A Sinner Born (Brooklyn Sinners, #3)
  • Sinner Like Me (Brooklyn Sinners, 3.5)
  • Sinner's Fall (Brooklyn Sinners, #4)
Love the Sinner (Brooklyn Sinners, #1) Sinner, Savior (Brooklyn Sinners, #2) A Sinner Born (Brooklyn Sinners, #3) (Watch Me) Break You (Run This Town, #1) Sinner's Fall (Brooklyn Sinners, #4)