Start by marking “Candy For Christmas” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Candy For Christmas

Joanne Fluke

Candy For Christmas

In the Novella, Hannah Swenson, owner of The Cookie Jar, discovers that someone has broken into her store. Perhaps this individual is simply sleeping there to stay warm. Whoever this individual is, they clean up before they leave. So Hannah plans, with Norman's help, to catch the intruder in the act (and they do). What unwinds is a tale of innocence and a dysfunctional ...more
Kindle Edition
Published January 1st 2008 by Kensington Books

To ask other readers questions about Candy For Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Candy For Christmas

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
Sep 29, 2016 Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ rated it really liked it
**Short review for a short book**

Well i am kinda team Norman, but i still feel like he has some dark thing going on. I want to punch the MC thou, so you come to your business and can pretty much tell someone broke in, and you just go in. No, call the cops. Then you eat food left behind by said person. No. You'd be dead. I know the MC has good intentions but she should have called the cops when she found Candy as well, instead she kept her "hidden". Then the ending, ugh. Too sweet *pun intended*
Angie
Oct 03, 2016 Angie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
Aww, I liked this! I might have liked it even more than the first book in the series!
Bonnie Gleckler Clark
Aug 31, 2013 Bonnie Gleckler Clark rated it it was amazing
What a great read - a discovery I had not expected. This is an Novella that was tucked at the end of Fluke's Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (her first of the Hannah Swenson Series). It appears that young Candy has run away from home (after her fathers untimely death). She makes her way to Lake Eden and on one cold and lonely night chooses to break into "The Cookie Jar" simply to get warm and to sleep. She helps herself to some left-over cookies and then cleans up the kitchen before she leaves (the ...more
Foreverfangirl
Oct 28, 2016 Foreverfangirl rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wishes, tbr
Well, this was good. Who run the world? Girls.
Agatha
Sep 20, 2016 Agatha rated it liked it
(A novella at the end of the Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder), Hannah gives shelter to a young runaway who helps bake delicious candies for the bakery. She searches for Hannah’s family and gets down to the bottom of the family misunderstanding. She stages a sub rosa “intervention” in order to soothe everything over. Everyone ends up happy.
Dharia Scarab
This should be labeled Hannah Swensen 1.5. I found it at the end the Kindle edition of book 1 (the Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder), but it wasn't included in the paperback version of the book I read.

2 stars... This book was not very good, and
RivkaBelle
Cute novella, definitely made me hungry, haha.
Sarah Hinch
May 17, 2015 Sarah Hinch rated it liked it
I just finished the first book and this small novella was included. As I head off to read the second book in the series I hope that they have cell phones, because no where were cell phones in the first book, nor digital cameras (film was used twice). I hope that by going back and writing this fill in piece that these little details were not overlooked because of the time we currently live in. Looking forward to the next book and this small story was good for what it is.
Debbie
Feb 23, 2014 Debbie rated it really liked it
This was a bonus in the back of Chocolate Chip Cookie Murderand is a really fun short read with a great fudge recipe that I'm going to be forced to try...just twist my arm a tiny bit ;-)
ktouton
Jun 01, 2014 ktouton rated it really liked it
Shelves: murder-mystery
This was a short story in the back of the "Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder." It is a novella that would be great for children in blended families to read.

This is one of the few works by this author to read that aren't a murder mystery. It was a nice change of pace.
Jennifer Gallagher
Aug 08, 2015 Jennifer Gallagher rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
This was a cute novella. A bit staged and very manipulative in it's plot, but I liked it. And the Christmas setting was nice. I liked Hannah better in this little story but not enough to read the rest of the series...
Teresa
Jul 20, 2015 Teresa rated it really liked it
This was a quick and easy read. Sweet story and shows how things can be misunderstood. This novella was at the end of the Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder book...so it would have been crazy not to read it as soon as I finished the C. C. C. M. book.
Carmila
Nov 08, 2013 Carmila rated it it was ok
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
This novella was at the end of Chocolate cookies murder, so I read them both in one go. This story was a nice Christmas drama, a bit of a mystery without any murder this time, but lots of candy recipes. It was ok, but not great, a bit too fairy-world-like to me!
Jaclyn
Jul 27, 2016 Jaclyn rated it it was ok
This novella was randomly included for free at the end of the first Hannah Swenson mystery book, but I didn't really see the point of it and the book and dialogue were so cheesy. Had this not been short and already included in the book I was reading, I wouldn't have sought it out.
Arianna
Nov 12, 2013 Arianna rated it really liked it
Found this in the back of Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder. Cute story without a murder, but still a mystery.
Katie
Jul 29, 2015 Katie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
This was a really cute novella, and it made me want to eat a bunch of Christmas cookies. I definitely pulled out two recipes from this book to try.
Lorene's
Jun 03, 2016 Lorene's rated it really liked it
A novella of 200+ e-pages. A refreshing story & a good read for teens because of the moral involved. Hannah is a good detective!
Rebecca
Oct 07, 2015 Rebecca rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, clean-reads
Content - A fun little novella from very early in the series. It's a mystery, but not a murder mystery.

Squeaky Clean? - Yes.
Katie
Mar 22, 2016 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a sweet, fun Novella at the end of Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swenson #1) that brought a different side of Hannah out. I thoroughly enjoyed this and recommend reading it.
Helen
Helen rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2013
John Fluke
John Fluke rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2013
Stiina Sild
Dec 22, 2014 Stiina Sild rated it it was amazing
Funny novella.
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
May 07, 2016
Karren
Karren rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2014
Dianne Lebold
Dianne Lebold rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Amy Vidrine
Amy Vidrine rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2015
Tiffini Jones
Tiffini Jones rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it it was ok
Jun 12, 2015
Chris
Aug 03, 2014 Chris rated it it was amazing
Wished it was longer :(
Veronika
Veronika rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2014
  • The Dangers of Gingerbread Cookies
  • Sugar and Spice
  • Skeleton Justice (Jake Rosen & Manny Manfreda  #2)
  • Santa Responds: He's Had Enough...and He's Writing Back!
  • Sari And Sins
  • Typhoon
  • Death by Devil's Breath
  • Stolen Hearts (A Grace Street Mystery, #1)
  • Evil Penguins: When Cute Penguins Go Bad
  • The Lucky Gourd Shop
  • Murder on the Titanic
  • The Leaping
  • Bitter Sweet (A Samantha Sweet Mystery, #5)
  • Walk Through the Valley (Psalm 23 Mysteries #8)
  • The Fallen Queen
  • Uncertain Heart (Seasons of Redemption, #2)
  • The Templar Prophecy (John Hart #1)
  • Diamonds and Daisies
Like Hannah Swensen, Joanne Fluke grew up in a small town in rural Minnesota where her neighbors were friendly, the winters were fierce, and the biggest scandal was the spotting of unidentified male undergarments on a young widow's clothesline. She insists that there really are 10,000 lakes and the mosquito is NOT the state bird.

While pursuing her writing career, Joanne has worked as: a public sch
More about Joanne Fluke...

“Candy loved to shop and she couldn't seem to shop smiling. They'd gone out the front door of The Cookie Jar and into the next building over. There were party dresses on the mannequins in the windows, and Hannah has said they were going to buy something for her to wear to the party tomorrow night.” 1 likes