Start by marking “Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark, #2)” as Want to Read:
Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark, #2)

Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark #2)

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  12,221 ratings  ·  1,365 reviews
“All my life, I battled with the knowledge I was twisted… screwed up to want something so deliciously dark—wrong on so many levels. But then slave fifty-eight entered my world. Hissing, fighting, with a core of iron, she showed me an existence where two wrongs do make a right."

Tess is Q’s completely. Q is Tess’s irrevocably. But now, they must learn the boundaries of their
Published December 16th 2013 by Createspace (first published December 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Quintessentially Q, please sign up.

Bebe20018 I can tell you that I have not read this book but I did read the first. This book it the sequel to "Tears of Tess" and that is exactly what happened…moreI can tell you that I have not read this book but I did read the first. This book it the sequel to "Tears of Tess" and that is exactly what happened in the first novel. (less)
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsTears of Tess by Pepper WintersConsequences by Aleatha RomigEpilogue by C.J. Roberts
Best Dark Books Ever
6th out of 452 books — 908 voters
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsRaw by Belle AuroraTears of Tess by Pepper WintersConsequences by Aleatha RomigEpilogue by C.J. Roberts
Dark, twisted, abusive romance | 2013-2015
6th out of 270 books — 914 voters

More lists with this book...

5 Stars!!!
 photo 884b3b49-47d2-4a0b-ac67-1b6576c77550_zps5212a9ec.jpg
You’re my obsession, I’m your possession. You own the deepest part of me.

If you are in the mood for a deliciously dark book thats passionate, sexy, gripping and emotional, this is the one for you!

Tess is back. She has come back to Q, the man she is falling for. The man she can’t see her life without.

photo c9c10dd4-873a-4af2-a93f-c7762172e834_zps0ffa7205.jpg

Q is so happy, yet very conflicted with Tess’s return. He’s afraid. She makes him feel different than anyone else. One thing he isn’t used to is loss of control. She is the only perso
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)

Signs you’re reading a phenomenal book:

1. You highlight the shit out of everything. Like on every page. With rainbow colors.

2. You bite off your nails without realizing it.

3. You hang up on your concerned mother who is asking after your welfare.

4. You feel the urge to fangirl all over the author and spam her with your afterthoughts.

5. You go back and re-read some of the EPIC quotes and scenes.

Never in a billion years would I have imagined the thing
Aleatha Romig
Very dark...I almost didn't finish this...not because it isn't FANTASTIC. I almost didn't finish because I was so invested in Tess and so emotionally wrecked by a turn in the story. Of course, that lasted about twelve hours. I couldn't take it, I HAD to know what happened. And OMG...I'm SO glad I did.

I love the characters that Pepper Winters created. I love the growth and change we see in them as they progress from Tears of Tess into Quintessentially Q. This book is NOT for the faint of heart.
Jacqueline's Reads

6 Stars
Spoiler Free Review

Pepper Winters has accomplished what a lot of writers fail to do….meaning she wrote a sequel that is not only just as good as the first book, but maybe better. **GASP**

I loved QQ from start to finish, to the cover, to the characters, EVERYTHING.

The thing with me, I don’t read blurbs to sequels, if I like the first book, I just go with the next one, so I will give you water down version of what happens.

Rachel ♥Reads Ravenously♥
5 sparrow stars

“Fly away, esclave, if that is what you want. I won’t stop you.”

^^Me while reading this book.

Well, it's clear that Pepper Winters is a fan of ripping hearts out and stomping all over them. There were so many goddamn feels packed into this book I may need a Xanax.

photo quin q collage.png

Quintessentially Q takes place four days after Tess has returned to Quincy in France. The two of them are learning to trust each other and navigating their way through a new relationship for them both. I, as sick
~ Becs ~
Oh my GOD!!

What an incredible ride - I think this book just about ripped my heart out. I know it’s a well worn reviewer’s cliché to claim that a ‘book owned me’ but never was it truer than when i was reading Quintessentially Q. It’s heart-breaking.

Let me tell you, if you thought Tears of Tess was darkly compelling and you couldn’t put it down………….

photo 495d7957-c082-46ca-9d61-fc7e2ab1aefd_zpse47fa294.jpg

This book consumed me - it unleashed a maelstrom of conflicting emotions as we move from super-nova hot D/s sex to absolut
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤

“Because you’re my monster in the dark, and I’m yours.”

Wow this book was amazing!!Dark,emotional,crazy,heartbreaking!My heart ached for Tess and Q in this crazy journey!!This book is much better than the first book!!It was completely unpredictable and this is what make me loved it so much!!And also the difference with first book is that finally I connected with the characters!!!

You’d think that Tess and Q would live a happy life after all they have been through but no…thei
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
5 Darkness-doesn't-cover-it Stars

We broke each other, and the only way to stay whole was to entwine ourselves, gluing the jagged parts, stitching our souls into one.

I was one of the few that I wasn't swept away by the first book...
I am one of the many that I am blown away by this sequel...

Q and his Ensclave are trying to build a life together and test the limits of their relationship. Cautious but ravenous for each other's touch they dabble in all their dark fantasies, free of any guilt. Until
5 Dark stars

photo image_zps5584fc5e.jpg

This book was Dark,Sexy,Dark,Amazing, and keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Tess is back. Her and Q are back together she's his esclave and he's her maîtriser.

"You're my esclave,
my soul mate,
Each other we own,
you're mine forever,
my bird flew home."

It's more than that though, they now belong to each other. They are each others equal. She's no longer sold to Q she is a free women. She's only his esclave in the bedroom.

" You have me, I'm your slave while we're in the bedroom, and I
Lkay ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
6+ Utterly Gut-Wrenching Stars

No real review here. Nothing I can even remotely articulate into words will ever do this book justice. NOTHING

What I can tell you is that if you liked Tears of Tess, this book completely blows it out of the water! This book will gut you. It will break your heart into a million tortured little pieces, and then weave it together peace by painful peace. This is a book that I will not be forgetting any time soon.

If you're a fan of dark romance...and I mean TRULY dark ro
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

** 5+++ ^sparrow^ STARS **

No words...

The Evolution of Eda's Feelings While Reading Quintessentially Q in 25 Steps:

Thank you Pepper Winters. Just...thank you.
Pepper Winters
Jul 27, 2014 Pepper Winters marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)

5+ stars!

"You're my monster in the dark, and I'm yours."

What. A. Roller coaster ride.

This book was dark, gritty, emotional, heartbreaking, amazingly written and I could not put it down!

Well done, Pepper Winters, well done.

Full review to come.

Oh, man... Quintessentially Q was one hell of a tough book to read. I thought I knew what to expect after reading Tears of Tess. I heard that this one was darker though but I was like, 'bring it on, dude!'. Turns out people were right when it was darker but that's what I loved about it. Pepper Winters doesn't skim over the bad things even though a lot of people would shy away from it. She's an amazing writer.

In this book we see a whole lot of different sides to both Tess and Q. We even get to be
Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*

5 'Dark' Stars

Oh, dear. This book was WAY darker than the first one. It gutted me. Completely. I've read some pretty dark stuff, but this one...there was a point where I thought I wouldn't be able to finish it because my emotions were everywhere. But it was so good in a very dark way.

"You're worth every fight. Every argument and bump in the road. I'll fight be
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ Hearts Cole, Lucas, Jesse  & James ✝✝

How I can start to a review for this book? Their story is perfect! Q <3

photo Tumblr_lzef8j6S291r5xm06.gif

You can say my mind is twisted well, of course .... I am in love with Q!

photo a3706ec9470dbc5f9fafa4b72b8a86e0.jpg

photo 9960F8AE-80C7-4C45-9D2A-ED330C4ED025.jpg

The story picks up from Tears of Tess, the couple adjust themselves and Q is trying to control his need while Tess is wants him to give her what he wants.
What they foresee was his enemies.

photo Kelly-Clarkson-Behind-These-Hazel-Eyes-quotes.gif

Q is on a hunt and Tess is broken.... How will they survive this trauma?
There were few moments that I wanted kick Tess myself - but she d
Sarah's Book Blog
Sep 07, 2013 Sarah's Book Blog marked it as to-read

I can't wait for this! Tears of Tess is such a dark, emotional, hot read, I NEED more!!

I thought I would be her nightmare—her terror and darkness. I wanted to be. I needed her more than food or sunlight. Only when she came into my life did I start to live—intoxicated by her taste, screams, and joy.

But our fucked up fairytale didn’t exactly have a happy ending.

My Tess.

My esclave—so strong and fierce and sexually feral—wasn’t strong enough for what happened.

Her cage wasn’t me anymor
Katy Belongs to ACE you can call me Mrs Donovan ❤️
6 Dark stars******

photo 1D884AF0-AC44-4AEF-8036-0D5642F88D2F_zpshuknfgp3.jpg

Quick review as I'm running behind on my reads atm soooo I loved, I adored this one. I'm very much all in with both Q and Tess this one picks up a notch on the dark. I devoured it sat up at night read in the day read, read, read was hooked and felt every pain with them... OMG pick this series up just be warned you won't want to put it down..
And the writing oh the writing, intense, exquisite, beautiful.. enjoy <3

photo 3DE8438D-A0F0-4660-A54B-0EED6F10870C_zps4jke4zyb.jpg

Allison ❤️"REBELogger" That'll Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
5++++ Achingly Torturous Stars! Perfection!

photo A5A9BAFB-E724-4457-97DA-E19FD8F32231_zpshq4jp4py.gif

One word to describe this book.. Pain. I can't begin to review the experience that this book is but I shall try (without sounding really psychologically messed up). This book will consume you. It's a torturously deep and gut-wrenching ride that you'll refuse to get off. It will rip your heart out at times...many times...but if you hold on, you'll be rewarded in the end. That, I promise you.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

**This review will contain spoilers for Tears of Tess. Procee
Hulya Kara Yuksel
OMFG!!! My mind is spinning. For me, reading this book was totally mind blowing. I freaking loved it. Mark my words, this is the best book I ever read. BEST!!! Yeaaaah!!! I absolutely loved that sick bastard and his dark soul too. Q's mind was full of surprises... If you curious about him, if you have a courage to get to know him then you must read it.

WARNING: Some parts of the book was really, really disturbing and not easy to read it. If you're under age 18, pls think twice and then read it.
It's just me Shelly B
*scratching my head*

I'm so confused!!

And Annoyed!!!

Where did Q and Tess go? Because the 2 characters from book 1 did not show up in this book!! Everything I loved about them both was completely ABSENT in the BOOK!!

~Let me clarify here the characters ARE in this book but I just felt like they had completely changed from book 1~

Tess...spitting fire, sassy mouth, survivor, fighter, takes no junk from no one. Yep that's a NO, didn't happen in this ONE!

Q...domineering, in control, kinky, sexy. Yep
**✿༻ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ༺✿**‏
5 Quincy Stars!!

This is a story of eroticism, horror and sweet tragedy, and so much more that wasn't mentioned!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comparing this to book 1 (Tears of Tess) I found it so much darker/grittier, times I found myself shuddering with what Tess yet again had to endure at the hands of a sadistic bastard..

Q always knew he was diff
Kelli C for "Cross"
A million and one stars..."Because you're my monster in the dark, and I'm yours."

There is no way I can even attempt to review this book and do it justice. At the end of this book I was completely gutted...heartbroken and yet optimistically happy. This read is so passionately dark. It had my heart racing, my stomach lurching, and my mind boggled all while provoking the romantic inside of me.

After Tears of Tess, I had no idea the turn Pepper Winters would take. I was finally accepting of the uncon
5+++ mind blowing stars

Woah! I thought Book 1 was good, but this Book 2 totally blew me away. I'm consumed by this story. I never thought I will cry so much for a presumably kinky read. This is one of the most epic 'dark' romance I've ever read.

Usually in a trilogy, Book 2 tends to be a filler book with inconsequential things happening. But for Monsters in the Dark series, Quintessentially Q might just be the most powerful book in the series. So many things are happening, it was a train wreck, i
Dora Sky
In this book we learn more about the fascinating Quincy (mon amour) and Tess who I adore with all my heart. I didn't expect the story to be dark since Tears of Tess wasn't dark at all for me so once I started reading I dived in without knowing what to expect.

Oh my God. I was wrong.

The story takes a very dangerous/scary turn which made my heart hurt and cry for these characters. I felt everything they went through. I visualized everything in my head as I was reading the chapters. The way Pepper
Sandy ღCoffeeAddictBooksღ

I just cant relive this horrendous story!!!!

If words could kill, this book would be my death.
Chris- Chris' Book Blog Emporium
Is it crazy to say that Pepper Winter's OWNS my Dark and twisted side.... This series has ripped my heart out, while full of angst, and is slowly repairing it.

more to come soon

Got my ARC !!!!!!!!11

Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***
Well done Pepper Winters, well done indeed.

You gutted me. Shattered me. Ripped my heart out. And then somehow, you put me back together again.

It is virtually impossible to review this book without spoiling anything. And you DO NOT want any spoilers. It's to be experienced, it's to be FELT.

"You'll never be free of me. I'll never be free of you. It's fate who decides, and fate gave us each other."

To say this is a dark read is such an understatement. The horrific things happening were told in su
Taryn at My Secret Romance
This review is posted at My Secret Romance.

A riveting and provocative read, Quintessentially Q moved me deeply. It's a book I'll never forget and want to read over and over.

Whimper and moan while I sit on my throne, we can be monsters together so we're never alone...

You know you're stupid, and yet you continue to push me....
Don't hate me for what I need. -Q

This book drained me, broke me, brought me high as a kite and then six feet under. Every minute was pure
Sara Hrovatin
Sara Hrovatin marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Edge of Obsession (SKALS, #3)
  • Her Master's Courtesan (Masters, #1)
  • Madeleine Abducted (The Estate, #1)
  • Escape from Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • Underestimated Too (Underestimated, #2)
  • Collateral (Blood & Roses, #6)
  • Uncovering You 3: Resistance (Uncovering You, #3)
  • Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers, #2)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 2 "Discovered" (My Masters' Nightmare, #2)
  • Sold (Keeping her in the Dark, #1)
  • Convicted (Consequences, #3)
  • Epilogue (The Dark Duet, #3)
  • Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)
  • Mafia Captive
  • Return to Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #2)
Pepper Winters is a NYT and USA Today International Bestseller. She wears many roles. Some of them include writer, reader, sometimes wife. She loves dark, taboo stories that twist with your head. The more tortured the hero, the better, and she constantly thinks up ways to break and fix her characters. Oh, and sex... her books have sex.

She loves to travel and has an amazing, fabulous hubby who puts
More about Pepper Winters...

Monsters in the Dark (3 books)
  • Tears of Tess (Monsters in the Dark, #1)
  • Twisted Together (Monsters in the Dark, #3)

“You’re my obsession, I’m your possession You own the deepest part of me You crawled into the darkness, set my monster free So scream, bleed, call out to me But never say stop, never flee” 53 likes
“there’s always light in the darkness.” 41 likes