Start by marking “Kick the Candle (Knight Games, #2)” as Want to Read:
Kick the Candle (Knight Games, #2)

Kick the Candle (Knight Games #2)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  994 ratings  ·  78 reviews
Commitment phobic, Grateful Knight has her hands full. While she struggles to understand her new role as Monk's Hill Witch, evil isn't waiting for her to come up to speed. Not only is there an increase in supernatural activity in her ward, she’s being evicted from her home, breaking in a snarky new familiar, and trying to sort out her feelings for her metaphysically connec ...more
Published September 9th 2013 by Carpe Luna Publishing (first published September 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Kick the Candle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kick the Candle

Heather
I just finished Kick the Candle a few minutes ago. It's the second in the Knit Games books and continues the story of Grateful Knight, newly-discovered witch and general badass.
Things I liked: POSSIBLE SPOILERY BITS AHEAD

~Grateful gets some big girl panties in this book, making her less limp noodle when it comes to her own life. She's not fully there yet, but at least she's starting to think and act for herself. Special thanks to Poe for helping her out there.
~We get more backstory in this book
Emma L Smith
Oh Rick, you beautiful, beautiful man. I am so in love with you. I would leave my husband for you. No lie. I would. I love you. I know you can't have babies but I'd have fun trying to make them with you anyway. I truly do love you. You are sweet and funny and caring and manly and everything I ever wanted in a man/dragon thing. Please run away with me. That is all.
Casey Keen
Jenn
I loved learning the history with this one - but it doesn't take over the book. There's only a couple times we get a history lesson.
I would like to know about that dream though. I think it was a lucid magical dream, though it's never concluded in either direction.
Poe is a GREAT addition to the gang. And he's not there to the point of too much, which can happen when introducing a character as relevant and important to the main character as he is. I think he may have had some of the best lines to
Brenda Rothert

This is a fantastic Paranormal NA! Second in a series.
If you liked Ghost and the Graveyard, you'll love Kick the Candle. We pick back up with Grateful Knight, a strong, funny, wine-loving heroine you just wish you could hang out with. This book has a lot of action and an outstanding story. I hated to put it down. If you like strong heroines and steamy love scenes, I highly recommend this one.
Literati_Lit
4.75 Stars
Jacks second installment of her Knight Series is phenomenal. If you like witty, feisty quirky heroines in your paranormal/urban fantasy, then this books is a must. I love my paranormal men strong and alpha and Rick the caretaker hits the mark. Jacks continued and expanded on her world building from the first book, and the addition of more baddies and allies was a good mix. Despite my adoration of Rick, I love the character of Logan too.

I do feel that Grateful's inner voice and life e
Sharon Taylor Xuereb
I lost a lot of sleep reading this book, as I loved it so much! There was much more excitement, mystery, action and some new personalities introduced into Grateful’s journey that made this read fabulous.

Grateful is trying to get up to speed on all she needs to know as the Monks Hill witch, even using technology such as a smart phone, to help her learn how to use her powers. I enjoyed this part of it actually. Most of the books that I’ve read with witches in it, the methods that they use to conju
Bella Doerres
Kick the Candle (Knight Games)
By Genevieve Jack

Grateful is still fighting the undead and sorting spirits. Now her home is threatened, and her caretaker Rick thinks she wants Logan. When her friend Michelle finds the spell for a familiar she talks Grateful into doing it and instead of a cute cat she gets a bossy hungry Raven. Now if this doesn’t cause our main character enough problems her dad is dating a shadow creature and a possessed Necromancer is trying to get to the book of bones buried in
Charlotte
I loved this book more than the first grateful really gets into her role as the monk hill witch which I love. You get more of a back story to what happened when rick was still human which helps us get to know him better and you realise he is vunrable & not big & tough as he always makes out. I hated that he got that candle I almost thought it was to late for them which had me on the edge of my seat!
The whole logan thing bugged me a bit just because I wanted grateful & rick to be tog
Jackie
In this installment the Candle signifies Rick not wanting to be a burden to Grateful anymore so he goes in search of another witch who gives him this candle to undo the bond he shares with Grateful. When it burns down to nothing he will be human and the bond will disappear and Grateful will be free to take another caretaker. He still loves her but time is running out. Unless she stops the candle from burning out and claims her love for Rick , he will die.

I loved this story. Grateful's dad is st
Laurie Larsen
Everything you loved about Book 1 (The Ghost and the Graveyard) is back -- the quirky heroine, the strange, otherworldly sexual attraction she has to gorgeous Caretaker Rick, the cute chemistry she shares with BFF ghost Logan. Book 2 takes up where 1 left off and introduces some great new characters, including a hilarious, cynical talking crow named Poe. Grateful is learning as she's maturing into her role as Monk's Hill Witch, and the bad guys aren't waiting for her to catch up. I was breathles ...more
tracey welch
I really enjoyed the second book of Knight Games. The storyline was taken in a good direction from the first book. I would have liked to seen more of Grateful doing her job as judging the bad supers. But I defiantly love having multiple supernatural characters in one book. I will look forward to the third installment eagerly.
Kim Hamacher
This story is captivating and I'm definitely eager to read the next book in the series.
Tiffany
I'm giving this one 5 stars because I enjoyed it even more than the first book. I feel like there was good resolution at the end of the book, no cliffhangers or anything, and it left me yearning to start the third one immediately.

I really like the idea of the woman coming into her power rather than the usual "falling for the dark/mysterious/sexy/bad guy and having to fit into his lifestyle". Not to say I don't love those books too, I totally do, but this is a refreshing take on the genre.

In th
Grace Touch
This book chewed me up, spit me out, gave me a lickin', and then flushed me down the fiery pits of Hell. It left me emotionally distressed and threatened on many occasions to tear my heart out from my chest. I have not felt this undone by a book in a very long time. Thank God for epilogues!!!

Things are not going well for Grateful and Rick. Everyone seems to be destined to come between them. Enemies plant seeds of doubt in Grateful's head about the faithfulness of her Caretaker. And boy, do thos
Alexis Benson
Great Book!!!!! :) :D :)

If you love paranormal romance you should read this book! The first book contained one girl and two boys, this book talks about Grateful in a whole new way, can she chose her own fate or is it already laid out for her?
I gave this book 5 stars because it is a book that is hard to put down and doesn't repeat itself or is a remake off other paranormal books.
Angela Strozier
Come on book 3!

Come on book 3!

I can't wait for the next book to release! I am hoping that this series will continue for a long while!
Booksnbabies
I am in LOVE, though I was unsure after the first one I am so glad I continued with this series! It gets SO much better! Jack really brought it home this time!
5 stars across the board for this one, there is nothing she could've done to improve this! plenty of fighting action, romantic action and drama to please even the pickest of readers!
Lyndaa
Great second book in the series, I really enjoyed it. Grateful is coming to terms with being a witch and making her modern stamp on the role. I enjoyed her dialogue with her new "familiar". These books are exciting, fun and sexy. There was also a romance element which was nice. This book ended on a happy note but I hope to read more.
Emily Maynard
Martine
Wow! I loved this book, got totally lost in Gratefuls world once again. To be honest the beginning was a bit slow and predictable and I almost didn't pick it up again! But I'm so glad I did! Full of action, drama and emotion. This was a great read! Anyone know if she's writing another? And when is it out?
Amanda
This sequel was really good, I started reading this immediately after finishing the first book in the series and finished it the same day. Much the same as the first, lots of erotic romance, witch craft and action. Very good book. Will most likely read this series again.
Robert Hill
Fantastic

Great book, as a sequel to Ghost in the graveyard one couldn't ask for a better read. I only regret that it didn't continue further into more books.
Terra
FANTASTIC SEQUEL!

After reading book one I wasn't sure if the author could make book two compare but low and behold the sequel is just as hot and in my opinion better than the first. I can't. wait for the next one.
Renee Ledue
Just as great as the first!

love the mix of excitement, emotions, and humor. couldn't put it down once I started. hoping for more adventures with Grateful, Rick, and the gang!
Marta
Loved this book, fast paced, loved the characters, fantastic story - I have never read nor been interested in paranormal books and she has me hooked, I cannot wait for book three to be released.
Cheryl
The first book was awesome. While I liked this one also it left a lot of unfinished things. Genevieve Jack's. is one of the authors I will look forward to reading more of.
Renee
When is #3 coming out??

very good read! engaging characters. lots of humour.
can't wait for the next installment!!! Logan and dad deserve a happy ending too.
Anthony Alger
It

It

I liked all the details in this book. it was so good. I loved it! I would recommend this to everyone!
Mysamba Gibson
Loved this second book as much as the 1st. Can't wait for the 3rd book to come out!
  • Darker (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #6)
  • The Devil You Know (Demon Legacy #1)
  • Hungry, Hungry, Hoodoo (Easy Bake Coven, #2)
  • Wounded (A Rylee Adamson Novel, Book 8)
  • Traitor (Ava Delaney, #6)
  • Demon's Revenge (High Demon #5)
  • Maggie Get Your Gun (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, #2)
  • Broken Blade (Colbana Files #3)
  • Stormrise (Storm Chronicles #1)
  • Moonbeam (The Moon Trilogy #2)
  • A Cold Day in Hell (Hellcat, #3)
  • Pretty When She Destroys (Pretty When She Dies, #3)
  • Under the Final Moon (Underworld Detection Agency, #6)
  • Dark Child (the Awakening): The Omnibus Edition (Dark Child, #1)
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • Sinners & Sorcerers: Four Urban Fantasy Thrillers
Genevieve Jack grew up in a suburb of Chicago and attended a high school rumored to be haunted. She loves old cemeteries and enjoys a good ghost tour. Genevieve specializes in original, cross-genre stories with surprising twists and writes a best-selling young adult series under a different name. She lives in central Illinois with her husband, two children, and a brittany named Riptide who holds d ...more
More about Genevieve Jack...
The Ghost and the Graveyard (Knight Games, #1) Queen of the Hill Mother May I Tempt You: A Naughty and Nice Collection