Start by marking “Curious George and the Firefighters” as Want to Read:
Curious George and the Firefighters

Curious George and the Firefighters (Curious George New Adventures)

4.2  ·  Rating Details ·  1,597 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
George and the man with the yellow hat take a trip to the firehouse where George finds all sorts of new things to explore. When one curious monkey meets a company of unsuspecting firefighters, a big adventure is sure to follow.
Published August 30th 2004 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published June 1940)

To ask other readers questions about Curious George and the Firefighters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curious George and the Firefighters

Samantha
Apr 29, 2012 Samantha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mischievous monkey lovers
Recommended to Samantha by: Alexandria
Curious George is such a delightful character. He has always been one of my favorites. He is a major part of my family. In this adventure, George is visiting a fire station. When the fire siren goes off, the firefighters are off to save the day. Little do they know George is along for the ride. George finds his own way to be useful, as always. =)
Janel Leonard
May 03, 2017 Janel Leonard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My daughter and I both love Curious George books. It one was great as well. Liked how they did fire station tour, and gave the kids their own fire hats.
Mindy Cho
Jun 20, 2013 Mindy Cho rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Curious George and the Firefighters is about George, the monkey that goes to the local Firehouse with the school kids for a field trip. The firefighters are called for an emergency and George hops on the firetruck and follows them to the building where the fire is at. George tries to help the firefighters put out the fire, but one of the firemen saw George and led him away. The little children were scared because of the fire, so George started juggling with the balls he found next to the bench. ...more
Reem
Mar 28, 2016 Reem rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Curious George and the Firefighters is a great children book for Grades K – 2. The book tell a story of little monkey names George who goes to the local Firehouse with the school kids for a field trip. During the trip he finds all sorts of new things to explore and experience an adventure while the firefighters are called for an emergency. To talk about the illustrations, the drawings are of watercolor and charcoal style, and the background fully of white spaces. Also, there are multiple illustr ...more
Angie
Aug 07, 2014 Angie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Synopsis: "It’s the formula for success for preschoolers—Curious George and fire trucks! Curious George and the Firefighters is a story based on H. A. and Margret Rey’s popular primate and painted in the original watercolor and charcoal style. Firefighters are a famously brave lot, but can they withstand a visit from one curious monkey? For more monkey fun, investigate www.curiousgeorge.com and discover all the latest on Curious George books, promotions, games, activities, and more!"

My Review: W
JINA YU
Oct 28, 2015 JINA YU rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picturebooks
This app introduces what to do during reading at first: readers touch moving words to play sounds and animations, ask the related questions, browse hints for answers and touch the picture to find more animations. Important words are moving among the sentences and a siren blares. It feels like the book and pictures are alive. Readers choose characters and record their voices to make puppet shows. The story is interesting and various interactive features are also attractive. Children practice read ...more
Reepacheep
Jan 16, 2010 Reepacheep rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Reepacheep by: my son
The story was alright, but there's this one thing that always bugs me about the Curious George stories: he's described as a monkey--but has no tail! Doesn't that mean he's really an ape?

In this story, the only trouble George causes is mixing up the firemen's gear so they can't respond to a call promptly. My adult mind is imagining somebody pinned under a car or trapped in a burning building while the firemen are madly sorting out their gear and losing precious seconds--all because an inquisitive
Rosa Cline
Jan 21, 2014 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
You can hardly ever go wrong with everyone's loveable monkey! In this adventure he has his typical adventures and helps and makes friends with firefighters. (One of the first books written)

Curious George books are simple life lessons (usually) for young children. If ever you don't know what book to pick up to read to your child you can't go wrong with a Curious George book. And generally there is a book to cover just about any situation your child is going through.

I read these books as a young
Jordan Gonser
Mar 24, 2016 Jordan Gonser rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well first off I love curious george and have since I was little. I have always loved monkeys and I think that's why I liked these books. I remember reading this book many times when I was younger. And it's weird to go back and actually understand what its about and now knowing what the word curious actually means. He gets very distracted by everything, kind of like little kids do and I think children would love this because its a monkey and not a kid! Makes things more interesting. I thin a lot ...more
Jessica Javier
This book is great for children. It has great picture with different colors. Also this book talk about firefighters which children love and it give an example for children to help. This book is perfect to help a child with new vocabulary word. This book also helps for children to see how to keep calm when fire is and also what thing does the fire station has. One thing I didn’t like the In some cases the text shows up in the font and size you've chosen; in other places it shows up in such teeny- ...more
Kathryn
Dec 18, 2010 Kathryn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kindle recently had some wonderful sales on childrens books so my kids have found the joy of reading picture books on the Kindle-for-PC. This went over better than I had expected and would be a wonderful idea for parents traveling with little ones but not wanting to lug around a bunch of books. Just use your computer.

George is always popular in my house. You would think that kids books these days are safe but I find myself screening many books, with George being an exception. You know what you a
Ahmad
Mar 28, 2016 Ahmad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rdg-291
I loved this book and think it would be great for children. Even though it might send the wrong message to kid's since George is always in trouble due to his curiosity, and he also gets out of it because he was just curious. I still think it is a great book for children that would set a great lesson to children with their parents guidance. I also loved the illustrations they were very descriptive and supported the text very well.
Kimberly
Feb 29, 2016 Kimberly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh silly Curious George is at it again in this cute board book. George mistakenly ends up at a fire when he stows away in the fire truck. He makes the situation not so scary for those young and concerned. My children (4 & 5) loved this story. They love George and they love firemen and firetrucks, they thought it was awesome.
Alicia
Jul 09, 2009 Alicia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Well, I love George in theory, but the stories are always a little funny. Still I like the idea of a curious little monkey roaming around and exploring and all the way causing trouble. I love the pictures of George. He is a great character, it's just that sometimes the story line is a little weird.
Karen
Jul 08, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My five-year-old son picked this book out from the library last week. A monkey and a firetruck -- pretty much a no-fail combination. And it was.

I don't like all of Curious George's New Adventures -- some of them fall pretty flat -- but this one works quite well, and the illustrations are adorable.

Lyndsey
Jun 08, 2012 Lyndsey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: j-o-approved
My three year old loves this book. When she was younger, she enjoyed the pictures and we made-up the story. Now she knows it word for word.

This story seems a little weird to me as it really deters from the whole fire/fireman theme and gets into an odd baseball throwing thing. BUT the kids still love it.... Can't argue with that.
Tricia
Because the girls, especially the little one, recall with horror that the firefighters placed George in jail in the original book, this was a more positive interaction for George and the firemen. Maybe it has now placed firefighters in the "good" category in Mimi's mind...not sure how I can get police in that category!
Samantha
Apr 16, 2012 Samantha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: curious-george
Curious George's curiosity leads him astray as he hitches a ride on a local firetruck. He wants to see the firefighters in action but is told its way too dangerous. Instead, George finds himself entertaining a group of children while the fire is put out. I love Curious George book because they explore so many things.
Neil Nicholson
In this story, Curious George is on a field trip at the fire station with the local school kids. While they are their the firefighters get called to an emergency. George hops on the truck to go with the firefighters. He ends up cheering up all the kids at the scene of the fire by juggling. I would recommend this book for prek through 2nd grade.
Mishal Al-Zaid
Apr 13, 2016 Mishal Al-Zaid rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book is just great for children, it just show how children are and how they will always be, George who is very curious teaches children that its something natural to be curios, this book may send a wrong message to them but with a little help from parents everything will be alright.
Jenna
Jan 19, 2009 Jenna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ece
This book makes use of the natural and instinctive curiosity of young children and puts it into action. The sentence structure is very simplistic. It also teaches proper behavior by showing the mishaps that George comes across from being TOO curious.
Hayden Mcglothin
This is a funny book about a monkey that goes on a field trip with a class. The class goes to the fire station and sees a fire pole. During the visit George gets on the fire truck during a fire call and creates some entertainment.
Alexandria
Apr 30, 2012 Alexandria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Patty
Apr 30, 2012 Patty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-picture
Julie
Have read this to the baby several times. =-)
Feb 05, 2010 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This would be a great story to read in October during Fire Safety month. The children can learn about the jobs of firemen but at a level they can understand.
Tristan Doane
Curious George decides that he wants to help with the firefighters one day and he gets to help save cats, and people when their houses are on fire.
Adrienne
Feb 28, 2014 Adrienne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
George manages to save the day again--after creating a small problem of course. I do wish those problems were acknowledged, but I think kids will get a kick out of the book.
Megan
Jan 04, 2014 Megan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book, natalie
Finally! She liked a Curious George book! I've been trying these since she was two and this is the first one she enjoyed. I love them all!
  • Curious George Goes Fishing
  • Go, Train, Go!
  • The Best Teacher Ever
  • The Berenstain Bears Go on Vacation
  • One Winter's Day
  • Franklin Fibs
  • Toy Story (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Froggy Learns to Swim
  • Biscuit and the Lost Teddy Bear
  • Clifford and the Big Storm (Clifford)
  • Five Little Monkeys Sitting in a Tree
  • I'm Dirty!
  • Oh say can you say di-no-saur?
  • Inside Your Outside: All About the Human Body (The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...

Curious George New Adventures (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Curious George Goes to the Aquarium