Start by marking “Curious George and the Firefighters” as Want to Read:
Curious George and the Firefighters

Curious George and the Firefighters (Curious George New Adventures)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  1,082 ratings  ·  31 reviews
George and the man with the yellow hat take a trip to the firehouse where George finds all sorts of new things to explore. When one curious monkey meets a company of unsuspecting firefighters, a big adventure is sure to follow.
Published August 30th 2004 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published June 1940)

To ask other readers questions about Curious George and the Firefighters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curious George and the Firefighters

Samantha
Apr 29, 2012 Samantha rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mischievous monkey lovers
Recommended to Samantha by: Alexandria
Curious George is such a delightful character. He has always been one of my favorites. He is a major part of my family. In this adventure, George is visiting a fire station. When the fire siren goes off, the firefighters are off to save the day. Little do they know George is along for the ride. George finds his own way to be useful, as always. =)
Mindy Cho
Curious George and the Firefighters is about George, the monkey that goes to the local Firehouse with the school kids for a field trip. The firefighters are called for an emergency and George hops on the firetruck and follows them to the building where the fire is at. George tries to help the firefighters put out the fire, but one of the firemen saw George and led him away. The little children were scared because of the fire, so George started juggling with the balls he found next to the bench. ...more
Rosa Cline
You can hardly ever go wrong with everyone's loveable monkey! In this adventure he has his typical adventures and helps and makes friends with firefighters. (One of the first books written)

Curious George books are simple life lessons (usually) for young children. If ever you don't know what book to pick up to read to your child you can't go wrong with a Curious George book. And generally there is a book to cover just about any situation your child is going through.

I read these books as a young
Karen
My five-year-old son picked this book out from the library last week. A monkey and a firetruck -- pretty much a no-fail combination. And it was.

I don't like all of Curious George's New Adventures -- some of them fall pretty flat -- but this one works quite well, and the illustrations are adorable.

Adrienne
George manages to save the day again--after creating a small problem of course. I do wish those problems were acknowledged, but I think kids will get a kick out of the book.
Reepacheep
Jan 16, 2010 Reepacheep rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Reepacheep by: my son
The story was alright, but there's this one thing that always bugs me about the Curious George stories: he's described as a monkey--but has no tail! Doesn't that mean he's really an ape?

In this story, the only trouble George causes is mixing up the firemen's gear so they can't respond to a call promptly. My adult mind is imagining somebody pinned under a car or trapped in a burning building while the firemen are madly sorting out their gear and losing precious seconds--all because an inquisitive
Kathryn
Kindle recently had some wonderful sales on childrens books so my kids have found the joy of reading picture books on the Kindle-for-PC. This went over better than I had expected and would be a wonderful idea for parents traveling with little ones but not wanting to lug around a bunch of books. Just use your computer.

George is always popular in my house. You would think that kids books these days are safe but I find myself screening many books, with George being an exception. You know what you a
Hayden Mcglothin
This is a funny book about a monkey that goes on a field trip with a class. The class goes to the fire station and sees a fire pole. During the visit George gets on the fire truck during a fire call and creates some entertainment.
Savannah
My boys love Curious George and firefighters, firetrucks, sirens.. Love how George makes the frightened children near the fire happy by playing catch with them.
Sarah Stumphf
This Curious George book was a hit with my 2 year old last night.
Sara
My son loves Curious George and has most of these books. This is one of the longer (and dare I say, more boring) ones. I just can't seem to warm to that flaming monkey.
Neil Nicholson
In this story, Curious George is on a field trip at the fire station with the local school kids. While they are their the firefighters get called to an emergency. George hops on the truck to go with the firefighters. He ends up cheering up all the kids at the scene of the fire by juggling. I would recommend this book for prek through 2nd grade.
Lyndsey
My three year old loves this book. When she was younger, she enjoyed the pictures and we made-up the story. Now she knows it word for word.

This story seems a little weird to me as it really deters from the whole fire/fireman theme and gets into an odd baseball throwing thing. BUT the kids still love it.... Can't argue with that.
Tricia
Because the girls, especially the little one, recall with horror that the firefighters placed George in jail in the original book, this was a more positive interaction for George and the firemen. Maybe it has now placed firefighters in the "good" category in Mimi's mind...not sure how I can get police in that category!
Samantha
Curious George's curiosity leads him astray as he hitches a ride on a local firetruck. He wants to see the firefighters in action but is told its way too dangerous. Instead, George finds himself entertaining a group of children while the fire is put out. I love Curious George book because they explore so many things.
Megan
Finally! She liked a Curious George book! I've been trying these since she was two and this is the first one she enjoyed. I love them all!
Alicia
Well, I love George in theory, but the stories are always a little funny. Still I like the idea of a curious little monkey roaming around and exploring and all the way causing trouble. I love the pictures of George. He is a great character, it's just that sometimes the story line is a little weird.
Alexandria
Patricia
Jenna
This book makes use of the natural and instinctive curiosity of young children and puts it into action. The sentence structure is very simplistic. It also teaches proper behavior by showing the mishaps that George comes across from being TOO curious.
Diane
Feb 15, 2008 Diane rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: other 2 year olds
Sadie, age 2, lurves this book. She especially likes the 'pony' or 'poly' which means the fireman pole. And she wishes the man with the yellow hat, AKA, George's daddy was on every page.
Evan
I liked it. And I liked the part when he played with the people. Do you know who was in there most of the lot of times? George was in there the whole time.
This would be a great story to read in October during Fire Safety month. The children can learn about the jobs of firemen but at a level they can understand.
Amanda
My kids loved this book!!!! They love firefighters they think they are the best and most brave. And they love that crazy trouble monkey George.
Vicki
Curious George is at it once again, but this time the curious little monkey makes the most out of a dangerous situation.
Desiree
Gideon Loves this book! He enjoys making the Engine Sound!!!
Angela
What could be better than monkeys & firemen? In our house- NOTHING!
Julie
Have read this to the baby several times. =-)
Indah Threez Lestari
301 - 2013

Dibeli untuk koleksi TBA.
PWRL
Jun 12, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
  • Curious George and the Bunny
  • A Crack in the Track (Bright & Early Board Books)
  • Mouse's First Spring
  • Toy Story (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • The Berenstain Bears Go on Vacation
  • Froggy Plays Soccer
  • Biscuit's Day at the Farm
  • First 100 Words
  • Oh say can you say di-no-saur?
  • Hooray For Fish!
  • Five Little Monkeys Sitting in a Tree
  • Clifford Grows Up
  • I Like Bugs
  • Fancy Nancy at the Museum
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...
The Complete Adventures of Curious George Curious George Goes to the Hospital Curious George Visits the Library Curious George Visits the Zoo Curious George Flies a Kite