Real Men Do It Better (Includes: Tempting SEALs, #3)

Real Men Do It Better (Tempting SEALs #3)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  2,671 ratings  ·  88 reviews
A quartet of popular romance authors present four erotic novellas of love and passion in an anthology that includes ''For Maggie's Sake'' by Lora Leigh, Susan Donovan's ''Bed and Breakfast,'' ''Siren's Call'' by Lori Wilde, and Carrie Alexander's ''His Body Electric."
Trade Paperback, 352 pages
Published February 6th 2007 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Real Men Do It Better, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Real Men Do It Better

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesBackstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
Best Erotica
266th out of 1,517 books — 1,631 voters
Something About You by Julie JamesA Lot like Love by Julie JamesWild Card by Lora LeighUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareThe Darkest Hour by Maya Banks
I Love A Man In Uniform
211th out of 961 books — 917 voters

More lists with this book...

Dina
*** NOTE: This rating is for Lora Leigh's FOR MAGGIE'S SAKE only! ***

This was a nice surprise. I disliked the 1st 2 stories in LL's Tempting SEALs series, so I didn't have high expectations about this 3rd installment. But I wanted to give it a try anyway, because I'd been told that the series got better as it progressed. Well, I'm glad I did. This was a very enjoyable quick read, and I liked both Joe and Maggie. He was "the perfect alpha": protective and dominant, but not agressive and overbeari...more
Daisiemae
Mar 05, 2008 Daisiemae rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romance and Erotic Lovers
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Look for books by Lora Leigh
It is rare that I read an anthology and like all of the stories. Usually there is at least one that I dislike, or couldn't get into. Happily this was not the case when I read this book.

His Body Electric by Carrie Alexander

Karen bought the old house in the country to get away. Tired of the hustle and bustle of the big city, she want to work on her art and fix up her run down farmhouse.

Gabe is afraid of human contact, (I won't get into why..gotta read it for yourself) and has separated himself fr...more
Tammy
Wow! Now I understand what all of the fuss over this book was about. Laura was right in saying it deserves more than 5 stars!

I think I personally enjoyed Susan Donovan's story the most, partly because I have never read anything by this author before. For quite some time I've been looking for an author who has a witty writing style that can tickle my funny bone, but yet can still pull off the erotica theme. The dialogue between Jorey and Kate was entertaining and funny and very believable. The de...more
Heather
Oct 20, 2008 Heather rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Nauti boys
Recommended to Heather by: Collette
Shelves: erotica
Again, I only read the Tempting SEAL book by Lora Leigh in this anthology but I really liked it a lot!

The chemistry was sizzling between Joe and Maggie. There is a lot of drama and angst, but the heroine wasnt TSTL! I liked that ;) The intense drama only added to my enjoyment of the story, and in true Lora Leigh fashion, I was not disappointed!

This is a great series and Im looking forward to the next story!

xo
Books Ring Mah Bell
Word on the street is that Mary Lou Retton LOVES Lora Leigh books.

I myself do not.
(That's unfair, really, since I have never read one, but the whole heat seeking moisture missile into warm love valley seems like it would get old after a bit.)

Shucks.
I guess it's just me getting old!

Read on, Mary Lou Retton, READ ON!
Colleen (NerdyWoman) Kayter
The four stories in this anthology could be worthy of more than 3 stars if there were more to the stories themselves. Maybe I'm too picky, but having read longer stories by Lora Leigh and Lori Wilde, I'm frustrated when the conflict is all but non-existent and the hasty conclusion arrives... it's like having sex with a self-absorbed lover. Leaves me wanting more.

I picked up this book for the Lora Leigh story, For Maggie's Sake (Tempting SEALs Book 3). I feel sorry for any reader who has not alre...more
Cara
This was on display right as you walk in the front door of the library. I thought, "The library owns erotic romance? Really???" So of course, I had to pick it up. Unfortunately, it's more romance novel than erotica.

Overall, I guess I enjoyed this book. There were some hot scenes, and I became interested in what would happen to two of the four couples in the the book. The writing was bad, though, and the storylines were blazingly stupid. A dude gets struck by lightning and becomes permanently ele...more
Linda
Jan 23, 2014 Linda rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone over 18
Recommended to Linda by: LL Chatters
The reason I read this book was for the story "For Maggie's Sake" by Lora Leigh which is the 3rd story in her "Tempting Seals" series. But I read all four of the stories in this anthology. I really liked Lora's story but I enjoyed the others in this book.

In Lora Leigh's FOR MAGGIE'S SAKE, Maggie Chavez from Leigh's sexy Navy SEALs series is in protective custody with a member of her former lover's SEALs team. Joe, her ex-lover, thinks Maggie is hiding information from him about a powerful drug l...more
Linda
A short story where Maggie needs protection and Joe is there for her. The one who got away and the disaster that followed on the break up. Quick read, endearing people and fluffy smut.
Miss Kim
geez - could the title be cheesier? *cough* I 'have' to read it because it's part of the series :)
Lorraine.Hates.Cliffhanger.Endings!
Short hot and yet more information about the bad guys in the form of journals
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Aug 08, 2011 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of steamy romance
Wow! Some better than I expected, others not so hot. I'm still happy with the overall project.

Though Lora Leigh's story is a prequel to her Seals series, it is only marginally linked and could serve as a stand-alone. The series does not need this to be complete. On its own, it is a great tale with characters whose motivations you get to know.

One theme I noticed in two of these stories is a history of the guy messing up the relationship in its early stages when things begin to matter, he gets sca...more
Oleta Blaylock
FOR MAGGIE'S SAKE
LORA LEIGH

This story picks up just weeks after the ending of Dangerous Games. Maggie Samuels has been implicated by her dead husband, Grant Samuels, into the drug deals that he was killed over. Maggie is the daughter of a newspaper man and she loves Joe Merino. She left him because she didn't think that Joe would ever love her. She didn't realize that Grant just married her as revenge against Joe. Maggie is a smart woman that just wants a husband and family. She wants to help wi...more
Monique Atgood
A collection of 4 short stories.

For Maggie's Sake I give it an A+.
I actually bought this book for this story. It tells what happened to Maggie who was a minor character in another Leigh book.

Heroine was the widow of a dirty DEA agent. His best friend and her first lover has to protect her from a gang of hired killers who along with the authorities, believe Maggie knows where her dead husband left some crucial evidence.

It ties up loose ends from the novel nicely, and has an AMAZING amount of emot...more
Jane
This is the story that follows directly after Dangerous Games. Joe, our tortured DEA boss finally faces his demons and the woman he's loved since she walked away from him and married Grant. (Save that Grant did manipulate her into the marriage).
It's a pretty good story. Though I have the same problem with this as I did the last book. Too much sex and too silly a conflict between the two main characters.

My pet-piv with romance has always been a irritating and childish female character, and at ti...more
Jenn Scranton
I did not realize that this was yet another compilation of novellas until it was too late...

The first novella I did actually like. The electric man... it even sounds hot, right? But here lies my problem of novellas. Total lack of pertinent detail. I really wish this story was a true novel because I really like the premise of it! I want to know more about hisback story, his accident, and know more about his thoughts!

The biggest frustration of a novella... No real conclusion. It basically ended w...more
Angel Ruess
There were some interesting stories inside this anthology.

For Maggie's Sake was by far the best of the 4 stories. The other 3 were just a tad bit strange. His Body Electric started off all kinds of weird. But turned out to be not that bad. Bed And Breakfast had some interesting moments. Siren's Call was just a bit off the wall.

I can't remember which story it was that just had terrible writing. Multiple times things were repeated to the point it was annoying i.e. and higher, and higher, and hig...more
Lynsey
All the stories in this anthology are entertaining, but by far the best one is For Maggies Sake and so my rating is mainly driven by that one.

As always, Lora Leigh's story is filled with sexual tension, passion and characters that you really want to see together. Joe is another dominating alpha male lead who will increase your pulse and make your heart melt.

Maggie is a little contradictory for me. She was definitely likeble, but I have to say that I didn't really understand the why they split u...more
mer
I read For Maggie's Sake by Lora Leigh

More like 3½

This is anthology. Hence, my review will be total brief. First of all, I felt really bad for Joe because he treated his best friend (Grant) as a brother but dude betrayed him, he's a low profile, modest (loved him for that) but his best friend envied him thus led to hatred and treacherous, he fell in love with his best friend's wife a.k.a. Maggie (even before the girl got married) but he was dumb for not taking his chance to love her in the first...more
Erica
I got this book mainly to read "For Maggie's Sake" as it is the next in the Tempting Seals series that I am reading by Lora Leigh, and that one was worth getting the book for all by itself. Usually for me, Lora Leigh is very hit or miss, but this one was a hit. The other three books were a bonus. The one about the guy hit by lightning was a tad boring for me, but the one about the girl stuck in New Mexico and the last one about the treasure hunt in the ocean were pretty darn entertaining. It's a...more
♕Michelle♕
For Maggie's Sake
Agt. Joe Merino and Maggie Samuels
3.5/5 Stars

For Maggie's Sake is a novella and the third book of Tempting SEALs series by Lora Leigh. It was also part of the anthology, Real Men Do It Better.

Favorite Quotes
"No. Hear me out. Now. I don't want to ever be that stupid again, Maggie. I don't want to ever forget the agony I felt every day that you lived under his roof, that I thought he lived in your heart. Because I don't want to ever be that stupid again, Maggie. Ever.." -Joe

"I
Priscillia
I have only read "For Maggie's Sake" by Lora Leigh. I read this one because it part of the series that I'm reading. It was good, not as good as the second book in the series.
Jessica Alcazar
I've only read Lora Leigh's story as it was part of the Tempting Seals series I was reading and of course it was AWESOME as all her books are!

Now that Ive read the rest, the book drops to 1 star!

All I have to say is .... lighting rod? really? ~~~ colorful auras (not metaphorically mind you, but VISUALLY) really?! but WAIT ... there's more...a sex toy designed from an ancient artifact? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!?!

I have no more to say. Reading this book insulted my intelligence. These authors should be...more
Anne
I only read ''For Maggie's Sake'' by Lora Leigh,
Mel Auslan Osborne
Ok let me start by saying I have only read book 1 I have yet to get the others so I am not reviewing the complete set just 1 story......
Contains a spoiler!!!!!!

Ok so it was a short story (only 80 pages long)..... It was a wierd book that sort of done nothing, they had problems they fixed without doing anything, found what they needed, were found by the bad guys, then saved by the good guys, then lived happily ever after..... Are you kidding me.....No Really!!!!! I want to know? Where is the stor...more
Christy C
Only "For Maggie's Sake" by Lora Leigh
Francis
Short but really enjoyable. :D
Heather Mckenna
I only read For Maggie's Sake.... I enjoyed it. I really like this series. I hate that a few of the stories are so short,though.
Jenny-jacques Holl
Good fun and Maggie's story was great
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
Four novellas in an anthology of hot and sexy contemporaries. I love the format and the 'hot' factor of the stories. I just wish the stories were a bit better. Whether the characters were shorting out electricity with sex, getting stranded in a B&B, fighting the mob, or diving for glass dildos the plots just weren't that good. This could be the weakness inherent in the shorter fiction format. But each of the stories left me wanting in it's own way. Still I'd give it a 3.5 stars.
  • Rescue Me (Includes: T-FLAC, #11.5; Tempting SEALs, #6)
  • Killer Secrets (Tempting SEALs,  #5)
  • Real Men Last All Night (includes Lexi Steele, #1.5 and Wounded Warriors, #1)
  • The Twelve Quickies of Christmas - Volume 1
There was never any doubt that Carrie Antilla would have a creative career. As a two-year-old, she imagined dinosaurs on the lawn. By six it was witches in the bedroom closet. Soon she was designing elaborate paper-doll wardrobes and writing stories about Teddy the Bear. Eventually she graduated to short horror stories and oil paints. She was working as an artist and a part-time librarian when she...more
More about Carrie Alexander...
Honk If You Love Real Men: Four Tales of Erotic Romance (Tempting SEALs, #0) My Front Page Scandal (Harlequin Blaze #352) Hidden Gems  (Harlequin Blaze, #236) A Town Called Christmas Slow Ride (Harlequin Blaze #174)

“Men sucked. They were the root of every problem any woman could ever have. They were the reason for bras, the need for makeup, hair stylists, shaving legs,
and high heels that made the arch feel like it had a steel rod slammed up it. They were picky, arrogant, argumentative, and so damned certain of themselves <...>.”
69 likes