Start by marking “The Case of the Runaway Dog” as Want to Read:
The Case of the Runaway Dog

The Case of the Runaway Dog (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #7)

Jigsaw's dog Rags is missing! It's the most important case yet for super-sleuths Jigsaw and Mila.
Published March 1st 2001 by Scholastic (first published April 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Case of the Runaway Dog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case of the Runaway Dog

Chak
Sep 08, 2009 Chak rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid
I wish there was a higher star rating (maybe I just rate too high in general), but this one was one of the best Jigsaw Jones books we've read. It deals with Jigsaw losing his dog and the pain that caused him (don't worry, he is found!). The part that made it great for me was the character of this old man and how kind and generous Jigsaw and his family was toward him. It was very heartwarming, while still retaining its suspenseful mystery-solving.

F
Sep 24, 2009 F rated it really liked it
Purchased this for my grandson and me to read together. Kudos to Jigsaw's teacher for pointing out to Jigsaw (aka Theodore) that although he may be sad, he still has things he should be thankful for. On the minor downside of the book, I wondered why the author thought it was necessary to describe the dog pound lady as having a nose ring, since the intended reading audience is to be younger than eight years.
Rosa Cline
Oct 22, 2014 Rosa Cline rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids, thanksgiving
This is book #7 of the Jigsaw Jones books, (although you don't have to read them in order to understand what happened before.) This (in my opinion) is one of the better ones I've read. I read them to my special needs teen age son and he usually enjoys them. Although this book had more pictures almost one per page which made it more interesting for him as a listener. That was SOOO nice... he was able to follow the story better than the others.

In this story Jigsaw (the young boy that is the detect
Twyla
Apr 13, 2015 Twyla rated it it was amazing
Kathy
Sep 12, 2015 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvie-and-teen
My son (who is 4.5) wants a longer story at bedtime but still wants pictures. So I found this book at a used bookstore for $1.00. He was able to follow along with what was happening and liked the pictures. We would read a few chapters each night and he looked forward to the story each night that we read it.

This is a formulaic mystery story, but a good way to introduce the genre to young readers.
Dolly
Aug 26, 2013 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the seventh book in the Jigsaw Jones series of mysteries by James Preller. The stories are short and entertaining, perfect for young elementary school-age children just starting to get into chapter books.

This story was fairly simple and straightforward, but we liked the plot and we loved the ending. I thought it was interesting that the mystery was Jigsaw's own, instead of one that he took on someone else's behalf. It was a fun story to read aloud and we enjoyed reading it together.

inte
Julia B.
Nov 25, 2014 Julia B. rated it it was amazing
Oh no jig saw lost his dog rags in the park they find clues to help solve the mystery
Deborah Harris
Dec 30, 2013 Deborah Harris added it
Shelves: ar-3, a30
AR Quiz No. 34925 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 3.1 - AR Pts: 1.0
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Brenda
Feb 15, 2013 Brenda rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Preller, this one is different only in that instead of having a client, he is the client and he as to find his own dog. It's heart-warming and just a real good read.
Johannes Kristian
Mar 08, 2012 Johannes Kristian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-reading, 2012
good. I like cases.
Ella
Ella marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Treyce Mcgaughy
Treyce Mcgaughy marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Cooper
Cooper added it
Aug 17, 2016
Rikki
Rikki rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2016
Amandalynn
Amandalynn marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Kelly
Kelly added it
May 12, 2016
Abby Brown
Abby Brown rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Raghvendra Pratap
Raghvendra Pratap marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Helen
Helen added it
Apr 03, 2016
Héctor Martínez
Héctor Martínez rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2016
Marian Garcia
Marian Garcia marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
  • The Mystery of the Circus Clown (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #7)
  • Shark Tooth Tale (Ready, Freddy!, #9)
  • Horrible Harry and the Dungeon
  • Nate the Great and the Pillowcase
  • Muttley (The Puppy Place, #20)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Sneaky Crackers (Henry and Mudge, #16)
  • Locked in the Library! (Arthur Chapter Book, #6)
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of Pablo's Nose (Encyclopedia Brown, #20)
  • The Lucky Lottery (A to Z Mysteries, #12)
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
James Preller (born 1961) is the children's book author of the Jigsaw Jones Mysteries, which are published by Scholastic Corporation. He grew up in Wantagh, New York and went to college in Oneonta, New York. After graduating from college in 1983, James Preller was employed as a waiter for one year before being hired as a copywriter by Scholastic Corporation, where he was introduced (through their ...more
More about James Preller...

Jigsaw Jones Mystery (1 - 10 of 37 books)
  • The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #1)
  • The Case of the Christmas Snowman (Jigsaw Jones Mystery, No. 2)
  • The Case of the Secret Valentine (Jigsaw Jones, #3)
  • The Case of the Spooky Sleepover (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #4)
  • The Case of the Stolen Baseball Cards (Jigsaw Jones Mystery, #5)
  • The Case of the Mummy Mystery (Jigsaw Jones, #6)
  • The Case of the Great Sled Race (Jigsaw Jones, #8)
  • The Case of the Stinky Science Project (Jigsaw Jones, #9)
  • The Case of the Ghostwriter (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #10)
  • The Case of the Marshmallow Monster (Jigsaw Jones, #11)