Between Now And Forever (Callaways, #4)

Between Now And Forever (Callaways #4)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  385 ratings  ·  27 reviews
From #1 NY Times Bestselling Author Barbara Freethy comes a romantic and suspenseful new novel in the popular family series, The Callaways.

Nicole met Ryan when he was a handsome, cocky teenager with a desire to fly high above the clouds. Ryan encouraged Nicole to dream big and promised her a lifetime of happiness, but several years into their lives together, they were fac...more
Published October 24th 2013 by Barbara Freethy (first published October 1st 2013)

Shari
Barbara Freethy has done it again. The Callaway clan drew me in from the beginning. The story of Nicole and Ryan has mystery, suspense and romance. It is always great to catch up with the Callways. This book is a part of a series but can be read as a stand alone.
Pam
Between Now and Forever by Barbara Freethy is Calloway book #4. She hasn't lost her knack for storytelling. Her books just seem to get better and better.

Ryan Prescott and Nicole Calloway were teenage sweethearts who married, adopted a beautiful baby boy and thought their lives would be perfect. That was not to be. Brandon, their son, was autistic. They had three years of his being normal and one day he woke up autistic. This created a strain on their marriage and the couple separated. Ryan to f...more
Krista
I really love this series and the Callaway family. This was a clean romance with a twist. The couple's son is kidnapped and new family connections are found along the way. Beautifully written; it makes you want to hold your loved ones close.
Rjsmommy
This was the book I was waiting for in the series Ryan and Nicole's story. This is close to my heart as my son has Asperger's (autism spectrum)and his challenge definitely added to the strain on my now defunct marriage. I was hoping that Nicole and Ryan would get a happier ending than I did, and Barbra didn't disappoint me. Through all the Calloway novels, she has written Nicole's frustrations and hopes in a way that just reminded me so much of my own. Even though my son is much more social than...more
Agnes (BeaderBubbe)
I love Barbara Freethy and read her books whenever they come out. So when this one came out I swept it up and read it in 3 days. Another heart warming family story....Nicole and Ryan were teenage sweethearts who married and believed they would live happily ever after. But after having (adopting) a little boy and finding out he was autistic...their marriage fell apart. But who knew they would be together again when their only child was kidnapped....they joined together to not only find him, but f...more
Nicole
I really enjoyed this book! A little disappointed in the way it ended. It seemed rushed and I was wanting to hear more. But it was still a good fun read! I enjoyed this one more then 2 & 3 of the Callaway series!
Janae
I guess I may be getting tired of the same plots this author writes...I still think she is great, it's just there is always a man that sweeps a girl off her feet, solve a mystery and have a happy ever after.
Necole Moreau
I love reading about this family. I do wish that we could have more updates admit the others in the family that we already read about.
Sue
Excellent....BF does a great job mixing anxious moments with real emotions.

Highly recommend audio and story 4.25
Jody Skalski
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters and the story moved right along. I kept wanting to get back to it.
Lesley
Continuing the Callaway series, this book focuses on Nicole and Ryan, currently separated after growing apart after their son's autism diagnosis. After Brandon is kidnapped, they come together to search for him and end up finding their way back to each other as well. A beautifully written story, fans of Barbara's Angel's Bay series will be happy to know the search leads them to Angel's Bay where we get to check in with some old friends. This book also reminded me a lot of my favorite book by Bar...more
Jessica
Great book of a relationship put to the test and brought back to life.
Amber
3 1/2 stars. I love the Callaway family.
Amy
love this series and this author.. she's great..
Kristi
I need a sequel to this book in the series!!!
Gina
I absolutely love the Callaway Series!! This book did not disappoint. Ryan and Nicole were in love when they were teens, they got married, adopted a son who was autistic. Their son's autism was stress on them and they separated. During their separation, their son went missing. They joined forces to search and investigate what exactly happened. It brought them closer together than ever and taught them both how to deal with each other and having an autistic child. EXCELLENT EXCELLENT read!!
Caroline
This was an awesome continuation of the Callaway's story. This was such a page turner, I couldn't put it down. It grabbed me at the first page and moved along fast. The characters Ryan and Nicole were so easy to connect with as was Jessica. I recommend this whole series. I promise you won't be disappointed.
Mum
This story was much better than the previous one. The characters were well portrayed. There were some things that strained the imagination, particularly with a certain set of brothers.

Spoiler Alert! If one twin has autism, 70 per cent of time, the other one does too. You can look it up on the internet.
Pamela
I really enjoyed this book. Barbara Freethy grabs your attention right away and doesn't let go. I couldn't put this book down till I was done. I have read the other 3 Callaway books as well and enjoyed each one. I love how each book has been focused on a different Callaway. In this book you will find there is mystery, suspense, and romance. It was a well thought out and written book. I can't wait for the next one.
Julie Smith
LOVED! LOVED! LOVED this book. I love the Callaway series and to combine my other favorite series Angel Bay with it = AWESOME!!!!!!!! Again I couldn't put this book down and I can't wait to hear more about Sean and his story. I still want to hear about Grandma's story too. Barbara you don't disappoint and I can't wait for the next book. I think you should move the date up on your next book. Like maybe today. LOL ;)
Lorie
This is now my favorite book by this author!! A tale of two boys going missing, a marriage on the rocks and a mystery that unravels is what this book is filled with. From page 1 this book draws you in and makes you not want to put it down. I loved the story of Nicole, Ryan and Brandon and had it developed into so much more! This is a must read book.
Polly
Excitement from page one! I never saw this coming. This was the best of the series to date, and
different from the other books. LOVED it!

Bette Hansen
I absolutely LOVED this book. I have always liked the characters of Nicole and Ryan and this book solidified that opinion. This book is filled with tragedy, hope, triumph & love. I recommend this book for everyone!!
Joy
Another great story about the Callahans. Author is very talented in character development. I look forward to the next installment. Thanks for lovely stories Barbara.
Chris Brandstatter
Another wonderful book from Barbara Freethy!!! A wonderful mix of suspense and romance. And another visit to Angel Bay!! The Callaway Series is Great!!!
Connie McElfresh
I have really enjoyed all of the books in this series. This book had it all a mystery and suspense and romance. I am looking forward to the next book.
Sofia Calsy
I love every single one of her books! I stumbled upon her books by accident and she still is my favorite romance author with just the right touch of mystery!
Donna Nowosielski
I like this one the best so far. I loved that part of the time was spent in Angle's Bay, one of my favorite series by Barbara Freethy
Susan
Best of the Callaway series. Loved the tie in to the Angels Bay characters. Looking forward to the next book!
  • Autumn in the Vineyard (St. Helena Vineyard, #3)
  • Chasing Morgan (The Hunted #4)
  • Hidden Moon Bay (Pelican Pointe, #2)
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • Waiting for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #8)
  • One More Night (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #2)
  • Taste of Silver
  • The Hero (Thunder Point, #3)
  • Vlad All Over (Vlad, #1)
  • Snowbound with the Soldier
  • The Difference a Day Makes (Perfect, Indiana, #2)
  • Long Simmering Spring (Star Harbor, #3)
  • White Heat (Firefighter #1)
  • Moonshell Beach (Shelter Bay, #4)
  • Southern Fried Blues
Barbara's love of writing developed out of a love of reading. Growing up in an all-boy neighborhood, she spent quite a bit of time reading through her mother's large library, many of which were romantic novels. After graduating from the University of California at Santa Barbara, she went into Public Relations, but soon discovered that writing was her true passion.

Barbara has since published 35 nov...more
More about Barbara Freethy...
Just the Way You Are Don't Say A Word Ryan's Return All She Ever Wanted Summer Secrets

“That was the way of relationships. If no one fought for them, they ended.” 1 likes